RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Oil Leaks - plural
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

rudyardgoing

England 
Oil Leaks - plural

Hi all - first post. Anyone had problems with oil leaks? My saga started in March, oil on the drive. LR Assist came out - brilliant bloke but couldn't spot anything. He phoned Dealer and insisted it needed looking at. Went in - loose pipe connection. Week later oil on drive. Back in. Pitted camshaft so seals weren't sealing. Sorted. Oil on drive. Really ruining my block paving. Back in. engine stripped down. 12 days later back home. Week later oil on drive. Engine and gearbox removed this time - some connection between the two leaking??. 13 days later back home. Fortnight now, still no oil on drive. Sorted? I hope so.

Post #225439 Thu May 14 2009 9:13pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Not good. Sounds like they might have it resolved now, keep us posted and btw - welcome to the forum Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #225474 Fri May 15 2009 12:17am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Times like this the warranty is worth it's weight in gold Thumbs Up

Hope it's all sorted now. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #225511 Fri May 15 2009 9:13am
xLusi0n

Are the RRS known for oil leaks? I thought it was the FFRR that was known for oil leaks?

Post #227147 Tue Jun 02 2009 10:23am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

No oil leaks are not common on the RRS 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #227148 Tue Jun 02 2009 10:25am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

never had a single oil leak on mine.. 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #227149 Tue Jun 02 2009 10:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rudyardgoing

England 

Thanks for your interest chaps. Just like to say that my drive is now completely oil free and Stratstone Stourbridge where great. I have got used to the funny smell that now wafts out of the radiator grill but wot the hell as you say thank God for warrantys. Don't get me wrong I love it BUT should I have kept my Disco 3??

Post #227325 Thu Jun 04 2009 9:59pm
rudyardgoing

England 

First service today. When I took it in happened to mention the funny smell - previously mentioned - Picked it up at 4 to be met by sheepish Service Adviser AND Servce Manager. Gotta oil leak!!!! Booked in for next Mon and got a courtesy car booked for the whole of the week. This getting silly now.

Post #229304 Mon Jun 29 2009 7:53pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

Which engine does your RRS have, rudyardgoing? RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #229319 Mon Jun 29 2009 11:32pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The only Land Rovers I have owned that ever leaked oil were my S1 and S2 Discoveries not even my 1996 Defender leaves a drip under it when it's on the drive.
However I do get what looks like oily staining on my drive from all my cars, and turned out to be condensate from the aircon system which also drags dirt from under the car onto the drive and leaves a stain on my gravel and slabs. How did I find this - well there were never any "rainbows" under the cars when I came home and it had been raining. It appears your problem might be more serious than aircon condensate 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #229337 Tue Jun 30 2009 8:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rudyardgoing

England 

I have the 2.7 TDV6. They where talking about it leaking from the back of the engine - same as last time - which meant engine out. Once again thank God for warranties.

Post #229392 Tue Jun 30 2009 7:44pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

rudyardgoing wrote:
I have the 2.7 TDV6. .
. Hmmmm, I had a feeling you were going to say that, now where did I put that application form for extending the warranty on mine? Rolling Eyes Are you sure this dealership know what they are doing? seems a bit hit and miss to me, but good luck in getting it fixed, maybe worth trying a different dealer. Thumbs Up RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #229394 Tue Jun 30 2009 8:08pm
rudyardgoing

England 

If I still got it when the 3 years expires - will be thinking the same! In all fairness we had 5 LR's from this dealership and have always been v pleased. Mind you the knock on effect is that management needed an auto - she got arthritis- BUT didn't want to touch another Freebie after this. She now got; can't believe I'm saying this - a Suzuki Jimny - just wish I could be around tommorow when she ties to get our Labrabor in the back of it. Laughing

Post #229401 Tue Jun 30 2009 9:02pm
rudyardgoing

England 

Evening all, (Jack Warner - Dixon of Dock Green - sure you all to young to remember that). Well back in on Monday - update today - It's still under investigation ( Does that mean: Deer Stalker hats, magnifying glass and Meershum Pipes??) - Been told that it will run into next week! Good job I got the courtesy car - unfortunately it has got one of those waggley stick things where my automatic gear lever used to be! Gonna need a Laughing Neck Brace soon. Laughing

Post #230241 Thu Jul 09 2009 9:37pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

Oh Heck, I can remember 'evening all' .... JUST Embarassed ......keep us updated on this mate, I'm intrigued to know what is going on with your TDV6, this is not a common fault, as far as I know. Thumbs Up RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #230242 Thu Jul 09 2009 9:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>