RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > michelin tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Having gone from pirelli to continental i much prefer the conti grip in the wet. The pirelli's were good. I just find the conti's take less time to 'warm up'. I cant really comment on the wear, since both sets are still looking good! (only reason i changed is the replacement rims came with the conti's on).

I dont see any point in the michelins. Way over priced. I have not tried them though, since the car came from factory with pirelli. WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #216177 Tue Mar 10 2009 10:24am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

VW, Contis will warm up quicker as they are softer compound.

This leads to less tyre life.

Strangely, over here the 20" Michelin Diamaras were about €50 per corner cheaper than the Contis Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #216210 Tue Mar 10 2009 12:31pm
muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I am also running on 20" Hankooks. My mate is the Scottish importer and having kerbed the car a few times (the wife more than me!) and destroying Conti's at great expense, I have been trying out the Hankooks on the RRS having experienced them on my Kia Sorento since it was new in 2005. The Sorento I off-road so the tyres are different to the low profiles on the RRS. However, I find that they grip just as well as the Continentals did and I have noticed no performance problem with them.

They are certainly not cheap Chinese tyres and they are now being fitted as OEM tyres on certain models by VW, Volvo, KIA and others. They are made in South Korea. At £120 / £130 a corner as opposed to £200, the way my wife destroys nearside front tyres they are just fine. If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #218097 Wed Mar 18 2009 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12