RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Best tips for keeping a dog from destroying the interior
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Speak for yourself, i'm a dog owner,i found it amusing, you don't think for a minute he was seroius? get a life! MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #217721 Mon Mar 16 2009 9:53pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

ASH555 wrote:
Speak for yourself, i'm a dog owner,i found it amusing, you don't think for a minute he was seroius? get a life!

That says more about your sense of humour than the intended joke IMO...

You might be a dog owner, but I wouldn't call you a dog-lover if you found that funny...

This place is worse than Pistonheads based on the few threads i have read so far Sad

Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome by the way... Rolling Eyes

Post #217725 Mon Mar 16 2009 9:58pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

[quote="Another SW"]

ASH555 wrote:

This place is worse than Pistonheads based on the few threads i have read so far Sad

its nothing like PH at all to be honest - welcome to the forum

Post #217727 Mon Mar 16 2009 10:01pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Seriously, I think that one of those dog guards will be essential ... and lighten up Another SW. Cool I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #217728 Mon Mar 16 2009 10:02pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the welcome Kaine...

I strongly recommend a full cage whenever you carry a dog in any vehicle for several reasons:

- In the unfortunate event of an accident even the best behaved and trained dog will probably bite anything that moves if it is seriously injured
    - Even if it doesn't bite you, it will escape through any broken window and probably cause a worse accident involving other cars in the process of getting himself killed running along the motorway in terrified panic
    - Dogs generally travel better in a cage just big enough to lie down in - unlike us, they are not very good at predicting when they are going to slide around in the back and are very likely to be sick (or at least be very uncomfortable)
    - Obviously it will also protect your trim from scratches, bites and dog-snot!
    - A cage enables you to get the dog out safely as it can't leap out into the road as soon as you open the tailgate
    - Finally, it also means you can leave the tailgate glass open with the car single locked, so Fido has some air and no-one can get into your car and steal your valuables (including your dog). Also if you padlock the cage it is a very useful place to leave valuables when the car is parked - can't smash and grab!

There are lots of companies that make standard and bespoke car cages - My favourites are Guardsman, but there is a guy in Norfolk, called Carl Munnings who is a Land Rover technician, but makes cages in his 'spare time': He would have no problem making a cage specifically for your car, and his prices are very reasonable too...

I'll try and find his contact details...

Post #217737 Mon Mar 16 2009 10:23pm
URX

Scotland 

This is sounding very promising Very Happy

I have seen the carnage a bored dog can wreak and dont fancy my interior substituting for a rawhide chew Laughing

Seriously though, a combination of a cage and a dogbag sounds like the way to go.
dog bag for portable familiar safe feeling 'bed' with the security & free air aspects of the cage protecting the open tailgate...sounds like we have a winning combination... Thumbs Up

Post #217738 Mon Mar 16 2009 10:32pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

Here it is... http://www.roodogscagesystems.co.uk/index.html

I know this guy quite well through both my job and my hobby (but no affiliation - he won't know my Username anyway) and I would trust him totally: Also, he can easily measure a RRS at any time at his day job, so you won't need two visits (first for measuring).

Post #217742 Mon Mar 16 2009 10:56pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Quote:
It is not the slightest bit funny or clever and is extremely offensive to the 2 million dog-lovers in the UK.

what about the 58 million others

Post #217744 Mon Mar 16 2009 11:02pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

lespes wrote:
Quote:
It is not the slightest bit funny or clever and is extremely offensive to the 2 million dog-lovers in the UK.

what about the 58 million others

I'm sure the OP found your contribution invaluable... Rolling Eyes

Post #217746 Mon Mar 16 2009 11:19pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'll start considering dogs (owners) whatever the volume when they learn not to Censored at random where ever children / adults walk or play..... to be on here you need a sense of humour and to walk past my house / park / land you need to clear up after your 'pet'

I am fed up of the minority vote and the suggestion of bias or unreasonable behaviour if your dare to speak your mind....

Working dogs have a value others do not - IMO - the one i am entitled to....

If this offends enough for you to cancel your RRS order then so be it - your loss ....

Post #217747 Mon Mar 16 2009 11:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12