RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Miles to kilometres?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pjpocket

Cyprus 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Miles to kilometres?

Hi, I just had my brand new 4.2 supercharged shipped in from the UK and am having a bit of a problem. In this country we go by the metric system and my car is set to miles. Fair enough the dials have both on them but on the display everything is in miles (range, mpg, etc) and I am wondering how, if possible, I can change this over to kilometres.

To make matters worse, one of the custom jobs I had done was a heads up display showing speeds and what not projected onto my windscreen - this is also in miles. From what I can see this probably has its own settings, which I'll be playing around with tomorrow after work, but if it also relies on the car's settings then I really hope someone can give me a hand sorting this out.

Other than that she runs smooth, looks stunning and really has a kick to her...

Post #210795 Tue Feb 10 2009 10:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Welcome to the forums pjpocket.
Resetting the units on the info screen:
On the end of the left hand steering column stalk there is a silvered button, press this gently and scroll through the displays until you find the one that allows you to enter the set-up and in that you will find a miles/kms choice and that will fix the driver info display.
Head up display
Sorry but I think you are possibly the first one here with the Kahn head-up display so I doubt you will find anybody who can help on that front.This is something from Kahn and most of us have factory standard production cars although there are some Overfinchs here and a couple of Kahns but they tend to keep a low profile. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #210796 Tue Feb 10 2009 11:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjpocket

Thanks Tim, I'll give it a try tomorrow morning before work. As for the heads up display it'll have to wait till tomorrow afternoon before I start tampering with it.

Post #210802 Tue Feb 10 2009 11:59pm
pjpocket

Tim I tried everything but no luck. I can't seem to find this silvered button. The only one I can find is the info button that switches between screens. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Post #210814 Wed Feb 11 2009 7:38am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Hi pj, that is the button Tims is talking about (mine isn't silvered either).

So, you've shipped your Sport into Cyprus too? We brought our TDV6 HSE over in September 2006 when it used to be just about the only one on the island.

Did you get hammered on excise duty? Ours was duty free due to 'Transfer of permanent residence'.

Now they are everywhere (Certainly in Paphos anyway!)

Welcome to the forum Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #210817 Wed Feb 11 2009 8:25am
pjpocket

Yep, had it shipped in on Friday afternoon. Very Happy I haven't paid the excise duty but I've managed to get a reduction on it on a loophole (my sister is a student in the UK so she is entitled to 50% off) - they were initially asking for 38,000 euros, its sky high.

Well I tried the info button but nowhere did it let me change any settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Post #210828 Wed Feb 11 2009 9:01am
Jonny Fresh

England 

PJP,

You need to have the car in park, press the "i" button on the end of the stalk and it will scroll through options on the small screen next to speedo. Keep Pressing i until it says settings then scroll through the settings using the track forward and track backward button on the steering wheel, when you get to miles/km press volume up on steering wheel to change. Thumbs Up

Post #210834 Wed Feb 11 2009 10:41am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes, just checked it's a black button these days! Shows how often I look at the button rather than just pressing it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #210837 Wed Feb 11 2009 10:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

pjpocket If you get stuck let me know i have a english speaking friend with landrover diagnostics in Limassol, he may be able to help.

Regards Pete 

Post #210976 Wed Feb 11 2009 8:16pm
pjpocket

All good on the display now, kept trying to do it while driving and was getting nowhere. Razz Now I just have to figure out how to sort out the heads up display (I was hoping that it would change with the master settings but deep down I knew that it probably wouldn't). I've tried getting ahold of someone at Kahn Design but unfortunately the only person I could get ahold of was a sales rep who had no idea about anything remotely technical. I'll have to try again and speak to someone who knows what they're doing and hopefully they'll be able to sort all this out...

Thanks for the help though guys, much appreciated...

Bellautos, does your friend have a garage in Limassol? I'm looking for a decent Land Rover/Range Rover service station because to be honest, the local rep is rubbish...

Post #211000 Wed Feb 11 2009 10:03pm
bellautos

HI
No he does not have a garage, he writes the diagnostic software used on some landrover diagnostic tools.
He may know some one, ill PM you his details give him a call and tell him i told you to contact him, he may be able to advise.

Regards pete 

Post #211005 Wed Feb 11 2009 10:21pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

pjp, Limassol LR are pretty useless as you seem to be aware.

Just try getting them to do something under warranty Rolling with laughter Evil or Very Mad Rolling with laughter Evil or Very Mad Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #211185 Thu Feb 12 2009 12:12pm
pjpocket

Tell mw about it, we've had range rovers for the past 10 years or so and have never been happy with the service... They're a joke...

Post #211366 Fri Feb 13 2009 6:54am
bex

BAS,

You talking about a guy from Blackbox solutions?

I thought he was still serving time for clocking cars?

Rolling with laughter

Post #211371 Fri Feb 13 2009 8:53am
bellautos

No it not, its one my friends used to work there a year or so agao.

Im not sure about the rest of the staff and owner of blackboc but my firend has not ever mentioned to me any one going to jail for clocking.

regards pete 

Post #211374 Fri Feb 13 2009 9:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1