RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > TMC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

When I asked my dealer about TMS he advised me that the RRS has two radio tuners. One for the FM / AM that you listen to and the other for the TMC.

He said that Classic FM was the national channel for TMC and that it worked whilst the car was switched off to make sure it was up to date when you started your journey.

On this though, I have tried to retune the TMC station and have noticed that the signal strength is really weak here (Maidenhead, Berkshire). Searching for stronger stations failed to find any, although some local commercial stations were visible none were stronger signals. It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #40922 Thu Jun 22 2006 9:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hario69

England 
TMC

Hello

Sorry to resurrect an old post - Im a newbie to RR Sports having owned my TDV6 HSE for around 3 weeks. Can you tell me how TMC is activated.

I have never received any traffic messages - and I see that on the top left hand corner of screen it says "TMC". I have no manual for the navigation system so have no clue how to work this....

Thanks in advance guys....I know one of the experts will know the answers!!!

Bow down

Paul

Post #209904 Wed Feb 04 2009 2:23pm
bt11

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hario... welcome to the forum!!

Don’t wanna sound blunt but the TMC on offering the sport is C*~p.. Sometimes it works but for most of the time it doesn't!!

If you look at the main nav screen you will see the TMC logo in the far corner. If there is a cross though it that means your nav is not picking up any traffic data so it won’t tell u of any problems.. If however, it’s just the TMC and no cross this indicates it is working!

If you click on the TMC button in your Nav controls its pretty much self explanatory and you can change the setting in there... but as i said i wouldn’t relay on this system for absolute traffic information

Hope this helps
Thumbs Up Range Rover Sport TDV8 OVERFINCH ECU remap/tuned, 22" Satin Black Tigers, Black/Black, sideskirts, tints, clear ind, 09 upgrades +++

Plus others......

Post #209912 Wed Feb 04 2009 3:27pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

TMC works just fine on mine.

Its a separate hidden radio receiver that tunes to CLASSIC FM. The information it receives is displayed on the NAV maps at resolutions of below 2 Miles.

It only provides actual warnings when you are navigating, otherwise it just shows symbols on the display.

The TMC signal cycles round every 15 minutes so the information cannot be more accurate than +/- 15 mins. It relies on sensors located in 44,000 vehicles (RAC vans, lorries etc.) for the live traffic information hence if there a none of the sensor equipped vehicles on you route then it is inaccurate. It is also fed from central systems so if these are wrong (such as the display systems on the Motorway) then the TMC is wrong.

As with any system you need to apply a level of your own intelligence on top of the information it gives.

You can download the PDF manuals from the Landrover website.

Martin 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #209914 Wed Feb 04 2009 3:38pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

lol. Ill try and remeber to take a picture of tmc in action in london Laughing Laughing Laughing .

...the new thing i experienced a few days ago was 'in 2 miles there is flooding' Shocked Shocked Shocked . WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #209916 Wed Feb 04 2009 3:41pm
Peter

mlines wrote:

Its a separate hidden radio receiver that tunes to CLASSIC FM. The information it receives is displayed on the NAV maps at resolutions of below 2 Miles.

Martin

I think you meant to say above 2 miles Tim? It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #210025 Wed Feb 04 2009 11:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Up here were we don't have many HA patrols on the motorways we rarely get warnings on the TMC, however long term roadworks last year on the M74 were flagged, unfortunately there was no alternative route that didn't involve adding about 120 iles to the trip so all you got was a warning that you might be sat on the motorway going nowhere for a couple of hours!
It works well in my experience but too much depends on the Highways Agency cancelling reports in time, the only time I have accepted the rerouting it was well worthwhile - I was on the M6 and had heard traffic flashes on the radio warning of the motorway being closed between J10 and J15 with 1000's of backed-up cars on the carriageway. 10 miles before the backed up traffic I was given an alternative route that took me all round Staffordshire, but at least I was still moving on my journey and eventually back onto the M40.
My usual experience is that by the time I get to the bottleneck area the cause has been cleared and the traffic is again flowing freely
It is sufficiently clever on the motorway that if the incident is only causing problems on one side then if you are using the routing to travel in the opposite direction, you will get a warning that there is a problem but no recalculated route. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #210049 Thu Feb 05 2009 10:52am
jmm

France 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

Surprisingly enough (but is it? Laughing ) the RRS TMC doesn't work in France.

as soon as I go out of the territory, whether is Italy, Switzerland Germany or Denmark it works beautifully.......

I strongly suspect you Brits to be responsible for that Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #210193 Fri Feb 06 2009 2:49pm
ViewWise

just a normal evening in london Laughing Laughing ...

Click image to enlarge
 WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph

Post #210344 Sat Feb 07 2009 2:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks like a quiet Friday evening or monday morning to me 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #210345 Sat Feb 07 2009 2:05pm
hario69

England 

Thanks for the advice - I have tuned the TMC into classic FM but I go away and come back to the car and it has retuned itself back to galaxy fm (i.e. not a tmc channel)

Im guessing you shouldnt have to re tune the tmc to classic EVERY time you get in the car!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Neutral

Post #211529 Fri Feb 13 2009 10:41pm
Peter

I have to un-pair and re-pair my "fully compatible" (according to LR's web site and my VIN) IPhone 3G each and every time I get into the car so why should you have the luxury of a function working correctly on a RRSport?

I have an even greater gripe as I actually paid extra for the PTI pack (which doesn't work as LR says it does)!

Honestly guys, I have given up with this car. I have 1 year left on the lease and I just can't wait to get rid of this piece of junk!

I have even thought of putting a poster in my car windows advising passing motorists not to fall in love with its' good looks like I did! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #211538 Sat Feb 14 2009 12:07am
mlines

United Kingdom 

Hario69 - My TMC never needs re-tuning - it stays on Classic FM all the time without me doing anything

Martin 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #212481 Thu Feb 19 2009 1:23pm
ViewWise

my tmc has been not working since saturday. The TMC icon has been crossed out Big Cry . Anyone else have issues or is something not right? WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph

Post #213817 Wed Feb 25 2009 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12