RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Towing with a Range Rover Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Antonius

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Thanks, DTR. I'd love to see a photo of your Mitchell Bros hitch. I've heard of them but have had no first-hand experience in dealing with them (I think they're somewhere along the Northern Beaches in Sydney, aren't they?). I'm in Canberra, but get to Sydney quite often, so I could easily arrange fitting on my next visit.

I did check some US websites for comments, and most are skeptical about the capacity of any Land Rover to tow - including Range Rovers. Which is nonsense as I've towed with a 2004 Range Rover V8, and it's a brilliant tow vehicle. But this is from guys who like to tow with hefty Ford trucks, so I don't know how much weight you give to their comments.

My main concern is the tow bar itself and its detachable design, which simply cannot be as strong as the permanently mounted one on my previous Ranger Rover - no matter what the rating LR gives it.

Antonius Owner/survivor of ten Range Rovers.

Post #209123 Fri Jan 30 2009 1:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dadanek

Czech Republic 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

McBunny wrote:
dadanek wrote:
Click image to enlarge

Who did that?! Shocked

Nobody know... its my spy photo Laughing Thumbs Up RANGE ROVER, MORE THAN A CAR, LESS THAN A KITKAT

Post #209124 Fri Jan 30 2009 1:53am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The person who put the Porsche onto the trailer probably took the easy option - trying to reverse a cabrio with the hood up onto a trailer without damaging it would be a challenge for even the best driver I would imagine.
But maybe the RRS driver wasn't the person who loaded the trailer, he was just told to take it from A to B as he had the only wagon strong enough to tow the Porsche.. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #209141 Fri Jan 30 2009 10:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gary

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I got Laid off recently so put the RRS to work, I am towing anything between 2.5 ton and 3.75 ton with now problems at all, my own trailer is ex plant so well over 1.5 ton with either my 90 or RR classic on top and tows as is if free?

Post #209260 Sat Jan 31 2009 1:38am
jmm

France 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

I am regularly towing my horse trailer with two horses without any problem.
Nevertheless, when going uphill I noticed i slight increase in the temp. if I stay on drive. to correct that I use the sportshift and it goes back to normal almost instantaneously.

Post #209568 Mon Feb 02 2009 10:35am
R33

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

McBunny wrote:
dadanek wrote:
Click image to enlarge

Who did that?! Shocked
The 911 is the wrong way on the trailer! Exclamation You must put a rear-engined car backwards on any trailer, otherwise this can become really, really dangerous! Rolling Eyes

Isn't the weight distribution of the Porsche 50/50 on each axle so what difference does it make?

Post #227844 Thu Jun 11 2009 9:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12