RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Engine System Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Engine System Fault

I, or better said the guys from LR have found today identified the cause of the constant problems with my TDV8. Bow down
To describe the problem I will explain how it occured yesterday. I was driving on the A1 down to London. As I needed to stop for some fuel pull down from A1 and stoped at the traffic lights. All of a sudden a message "Engine System Fault" appeared and there was no power at all. Big Cry
So I called the guys at LR and reported the situation. Very kindly they have send me to have a cup of coffee and relax till they will arrive. Twisted Evil
After 20 min. bored Yawn went out and turned the engine on and the fault has cleared itself. So was advised to continue on my way. Did another 300 km that day and arrived safely home with no more faults.

Went to LR dealer today and after 30 minutes, as the fault was stored, the guys have found the potential cause of my problems, some bloody sensor conected with DPF was causing it all.
Why couldn't have they identified it earlier? Twisted Evil

But anyway, they kindly order new part and I will get it exchanged this week. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up So will report how it went...

Post #209328 Sat Jan 31 2009 6:38pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you had waited for the LRA guy to appear the first thing he would have done would have been to plug a laptop into your car and download the alarm/fault log, and would have told you on the spot that you were OK to continue. These DPF seem to be causing loads of problems.......................... BTW in my small experience of calling out LRA, they have always arrived promptly and even though on one occassion he couldn't cure the fault, he down loaded the fault log to the local dealer by mobile phone and when I got there they were able to fix the problem on the spot - low coolant level false alarms due to cracked sender - the car had only been serviced the day before and a FBH that hadn't been fitted on the production line had been retrofitted.

LRA have always been excellent when I have needed them - and worth waiting for them to appear even if your problem has cleared from the system and the ECU has reset.

Glad you got it solved in the end though Coko. Unfortunately with such complicated cars these days sensor faults seem to be becoming all too common 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #209336 Sat Jan 31 2009 7:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
C10KO

Tim, the problem with my car is that it is registered with LR in Germany and hence I can not deal with LRA UK, which does a little complicate the whole thing.
But any way as you said, luckily it got all well sorted... Will report after the car has been to dealers.

Post #209359 Sat Jan 31 2009 8:38pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 

Goodbye to LRA in July, the AA take over the cover for LR.

Post #209363 Sat Jan 31 2009 9:53pm
C10KO

It is the same everywhere as far as I know.
For all my enquiries even though I ring LRA in Germany, AA International takes over and deals with it...
And in terms of hire car, Avis is their only prefered option.

Post #209368 Sat Jan 31 2009 10:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1