RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Trade in value
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

oilman151

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
Trade in value

I've just been offered 19k trade in value for my 2006 RRS HSE !!! Shocked Shocked
I suppose I should not be surprised, but it's still a bit of a shock to know what a dealer will give me for it.
It's 30months old and I'm looking at 34k depreciation - S**T! Big Cry Big Cry

Similar cars are priced on dealers sites at 25k, so the mark up is up to 6k, (although probably less in reality).

I know the market is changing on a daily basis, so these figures will probably be nonsense next week. Don't know what to do??? Keep in longer or take the hit now???

I'm thinking of trading up to an Aston Martin!! Cool

ANT Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Range Rover Evoque 5 door on order.
2006Java/Alpaca/4.4HSE/PTIS/Tracker/pp/Tasmods/Black side repeaters/Custom exhaust (gone but not forgotten!)
Land Rover Defender 110 CSW 200 TDi blue (Offroad prep'ed).
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
Aston Martin DB9 Tungsten Silver
Another Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (Christinemobile)
1990 Mini Cooper SE - classic! (now sold)
New addition - 1972 Triumph Stag Pimento Red

Post #198869 Mon Dec 08 2008 3:28pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Ant, my TDV8 went last month, the hit was hard, but one thing is for sure, they are'nt going to go up in price!! Next month will be a bigger book drop because we are into a new year and new car sales figures are going to be horrendous, along with all the other doom and gloom, and that will reflected in the book. I think the next couple of weeks before the Christmas break will be the best time to do a deal. I think in January your RRS will be worth between £1k & £2k less than your current bid, also there should be more flexibility in the price of the next car you buy becuase of year end. Good luck chap, let us know how you get on Thumbs Up Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #198870 Mon Dec 08 2008 3:55pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Having cars is never a good business BUT so much fun - take the hit and get a cheap Aston Martin - i just saw the prices on your island ! Shocked incredible low.... 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #198874 Mon Dec 08 2008 4:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oilman151

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Thanks guys-I'm really in two minds....very excited about the prospect of an Aston Martin, yet sad to see the RRS go and also frightened at the prospect of a 34k hit.
But as you say, prices for trade in are not going to be any better next week, month or even next year.
Now is a great time to buy premium cars, but obviously not sell.

I've been meaning to ask you, XXXAngelXXX, about your Vantage. I haven't seen any bad words spoken about the Vantage anywhere. That's really unusual for any car. All the reviews I've read have been really positive, with only minor niggles mentioned. Even (the few) people who have had problems with their Astons have all said they'd buy another one.
So would you recommend it Angel? - (Probably a stupid question, I know!) Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Wish I could afford to keep the RRS and have the Aston, but that's not a possibility at the moment. If I do trade, this will be the first time in 27 years that I will have been without a Range Rover. Help, my security blanket is being taken away!!!!! Shocked

Oh!!!! what to do?????
Question
Don't suppose anybody on here wants to buy it off me for a bit more do they?? Like 22k.....????? Anyone.....anyone at all?????
Bow down Bow down
ANT Range Rover Evoque 5 door on order.
2006Java/Alpaca/4.4HSE/PTIS/Tracker/pp/Tasmods/Black side repeaters/Custom exhaust (gone but not forgotten!)
Land Rover Defender 110 CSW 200 TDi blue (Offroad prep'ed).
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
Aston Martin DB9 Tungsten Silver
Another Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (Christinemobile)
1990 Mini Cooper SE - classic! (now sold)
New addition - 1972 Triumph Stag Pimento Red

Post #198878 Mon Dec 08 2008 4:29pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

oilman151 wrote:

So would you recommend it Angel? - (Probably a stupid question, I know!) Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter AT ANY TIME , i WOULD! its even a perfect daily car Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #198882 Mon Dec 08 2008 5:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sexy Pauly

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

for 19k, better keep teh range n buy the aston too! its just too much car to sell for that money

i just sold my C32AMG for 4k, to my secretary! so gave her a discount! but had 19k miles, fully laoded every extra, new brakes and tires... new service!

god i would of snapped that car up from me if i wasnt selling it! its a shame how the big petrols drop in price! its good for ppl like me tho, i love big petrols! RR Sport supercharged 06
strut grills, strut 22" wheels, Full Kahn Kit
Brembo big brake kit, tinted front and rear lights

CLS 63 AMG Mercedes 2008, Cayenne Turbo S 2007, C32 AMG mercedes 2004, Vito Van 111CDI 2004

Post #198892 Mon Dec 08 2008 8:24pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

How much Shocked Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #198894 Mon Dec 08 2008 8:29pm
jasonny

Spain 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

tell them to f.....off car dealers i hate them tossers........... 07 TDV6 HSE, JAVA BLACK,SIDE STEPS,DYNAMIC PACK,CHROME MIRRORS,CHROME BEZELS,COLOUR CODED GRILL & VENTS,TINTS,BREMBO,22"MATT BLACK ONYK.........AWSOME. ALSO SL55 AMG ..

Post #199457 Fri Dec 12 2008 5:39pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

jasonny wrote:
tell them to f.....off car dealers i hate them tossers...........

Don't mince your words next time Jasonny Exclamation Wink L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #199464 Fri Dec 12 2008 6:17pm
Lookers Park Royal

jasonny wrote:
tell them to f.....off car dealers i hate them tossers...........

Nice! Rolling Eyes

Post #199529 Sat Dec 13 2008 11:16am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Relationship with your dealer is important - I have had my far share of bad experiences but also still have great relationships with some dealers. Had a call only yesterday from my AUDI dealer contact - she is leaving and wanted to say goodbye and thankyou for all my business over the years. Find the right dealer, treat them well and you will be treated well - act like your the only customer in the world and should be treated like royality and then expect the worst imho.

In case of trade in's, but you expect to get decent values in today's climate then your living in cloud cuckoo land. Dealer is not just living for your sale - they are trying to survive at the moment

Only my opinion

Post #199532 Sat Dec 13 2008 12:17pm
Lookers Park Royal

Couldn't agree more Kaine............................

Dealers will generally work far far harder to secure business with pleasent customers!

Sales Executives will work with the customer to push their employer towards the best deal possible, as opposed to working with the employer to make the most margin from the customer.

Post #199536 Sat Dec 13 2008 12:33pm
jasonny

Spain 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Come of it Charles Hurst , Whom you trying to kid the dealer will always push what earns him the most commission...... 07 TDV6 HSE, JAVA BLACK,SIDE STEPS,DYNAMIC PACK,CHROME MIRRORS,CHROME BEZELS,COLOUR CODED GRILL & VENTS,TINTS,BREMBO,22"MATT BLACK ONYK.........AWSOME. ALSO SL55 AMG ..

Post #199556 Sat Dec 13 2008 3:25pm
Lookers Park Royal

jasonny wrote:
Come of it Charles Hurst , Whom you trying to kid the dealer will always push what earns him the most commission......

Not necesarily so.......... and there is proof of such, ask MAW! But what do I know, I'm just a t Censored er! Laughing

James Thumbs Up

Post #199558 Sat Dec 13 2008 3:29pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

yeah James you to**er Laughing Laughing

Post #199562 Sat Dec 13 2008 3:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>