RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > over-lay(height sensor)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

colintks

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
over-lay(height sensor)

Hi guys, Do any of you know where I can find a discription of a parts number?.had car serviced yesterday and came back that it needs some warranty work done.All it said on report was (needs over-lay to height sensor)... Confused

Post #195313 Sat Nov 08 2008 1:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

An overlay is a posh way of way of describing a repair to an electrical harness. So it sounds as if there is a problem with your height sensor harness and it needs a little bit of loving care. Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #195321 Sat Nov 08 2008 1:51pm
colintks

Thank TB,have to talk to service guys when goes back in, don't like the idea of a repair as it's still in warranty.wonder if they have to re-calibrate when they repair or replace said part. They chargeing LR £91.90 for it anyway....

Post #195329 Sat Nov 08 2008 2:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

They have to carry out the overlay as it is impossible to replace the harness. The RRS is fitted with one big harness that runs all the way through the motor. One of the worst jobs on the production line is fitting the harness. It's like trying to wrestle a bag full of snakes.

You can see parts of the harness in this picture. Around the rear wheel arches, in the front footwells and bunched up in the middle of the motor where the centre console normally goes.

Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #195331 Sat Nov 08 2008 2:13pm
colintks

Bloody hell,better clean back seat out then. Whistle

Post #195332 Sat Nov 08 2008 2:17pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

TB, what is the build time for the RRS, I was speaking to a guy today who has ordered a XF, and he was told it takes 35 hours to put one together, is that true. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #195411 Sun Nov 09 2008 6:58pm
TB

I should imagine that 35 hours build time is about right. In real time that adds upto about a week because the production areas only work eight hour shifts.

If you total up the time to actually build the body, then put it through the paint process and final assembly halls, 35 hours sounds good. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Post #195613 Mon Nov 10 2008 11:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1