RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Knocking - Autocar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

neild.rae

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Just had my wifes 11 month old RRS V8 into local dealer to have knocking problem confirmed and rectified. They did the latter and then said LR won't authorise a warranty repair as the problem will manifest itself again within a couple of weeks! Technician aslo provided me with a Visual Healthcheck document that noted the Front Anti Roll Bar Actuator Bushes are worn and need urgent attention. The dealer noted that they beleived Southampton University Engineering Dept were looking at problem but had no idea how long it would take to come up with a solution.
I have called LR Customer Relations department and the guy I spoke to seemed to be unaawre of the problem. He provided me with his supervisors (Melanie Harvey) number which I called on four occasions and had to leave a message asking for my calls to be returned. This has not happened. I called again today and was told that the Melanie is on the phone next to me" and would I hold? I replied yes, waited, was told she had just come off the phone, waited a while longer and got the original guy back again who said she would call me back!!
Given the severity of the issue I advised him that as Melanie had clearly opted not to take my call I would pass the issue on to my solictor by 5pm tonight if I have not heard by then.
Will keep the forum posted.......... Neil

Post #191041 Mon Oct 06 2008 4:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Neild.

Obviously your call, but involving a solicitor at this stage would be costly and pointless, if you have been through the mill as some have on here with 5,6,7 visits with the same issue, then probably worth it. IF however, you would rather be part of a collective action, then the sticky entitled "Does your suspension knock" would be a good read for you and may entice you into becoming one of the affected parties to take, lets say, a more positive action.

Only a thought. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #191047 Mon Oct 06 2008 5:29pm
neild.rae

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

As much as I agree with the unity of the forum, the suggestion of handing the matter over to my solicitors, seemed to have a more immediate effect. My final call to LR Customer Relations at 4.45pm last Monday evening resulted in a response by 4.50pm - "the matter would be looked into and we will get back to you this afternoon"! True to course the "getting back" took 24 hours but it was from the dealer to say thay had been advised by LR that the repair should be done and was now authorised under warranty.

If the repair fails then I will pursue the same route until such times as LR effect a long term solution. By law the problem is theirs to fix not ours to live with Neil

Post #191550 Fri Oct 10 2008 12:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Neil - please keep us informed. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #191554 Fri Oct 10 2008 12:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12