RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Nokia / N95 / Phonebook
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Undy

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lugano Teal
Nokia / N95 / Phonebook

Not sure if this has already been covered already but it seems that no matter what you try the high end Nokia mobile's especially the N series (N95 / N95 8Gb/ N80 /etc.)will not work with the LR system. I know that some users have got it working either straight away or through the 810 car kit download but these Nokia's are missing the bluetooth option PBAP (Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile). It is an ongoing problem not only for LR owners but also for Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. owners.

Nokia have had a lot of pressure on this subject from car makers and forums but as of yet have not launched the option on its Symbian operating system (S60). I have been advised that the guys that have got it working possibly have an older version of the phones software installed. Upgrading your Nokia to the latest version can only make matters worst.

Most of Nokia's other phones with its other operating system (S40) will work, e.g - 6500 Classic, 6500 Slide, 6310, 6210, etc. The only winning move is not to play

Post #190563 Thu Oct 02 2008 10:55pm
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've got a Nokia 95 8g with the latest software, connects automatically and the phonebook is transferred automatically.
True it has fewer functions than older phones(call register etc.) '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #190675 Fri Oct 03 2008 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1