RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [FAQ] WARNING - DOES YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION KNOCK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 32 <123 ... 111213 ... 303132>

Josh

United Kingdom 

I thought someone mentioned a new Wet Bush was on its way this month Question Hurry up LR Bow down TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #187590 Wed Sep 10 2008 3:46pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Josh wrote:
I thought someone mentioned a new Wet Bush was on its way this month Question Hurry up LR Bow down

Dirty boy....NO Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #187598 Wed Sep 10 2008 4:56pm
frizz

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Leo.
I'm afraid this law does not exsit in the UK. I looked into this when I had my RRS.

Frizz.

Post #187600 Wed Sep 10 2008 5:02pm
chris

Germany 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Steve,

I checked with my dealer in Germany.
They told me that same parts were build in your car. So nobody knows when the "knocking" will come back. Sad
But I got the info from my dealer that some new parts are on the way in 1-2 months.....
Hopefully. ---------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 MY 08.05 java black / alpaca

Post #189048 Sat Sep 20 2008 12:29pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Ok guys, enough is enough.

Who's up for a mass protest at LR Question

My car went back in today and the dealer has reached the end of the road on this one, TBH I feel B Censored y sorry for them, car after car going in with what can only be described as a manufacturing / design fault.

The time has come for some action and I am more than willing to pro actively handle this one, I have quite simply had a gutful of these feable excuses and ultimately "washing their hands of it" attitude.

We all paid premium money for these cars and at the end of the day, especially in these climatic conditions, I would be one of the last to attack what has become my favourite manufacturer since I was knee high to a grasshopper, but put simply.......I have become exasperated and ultimately desperate.

It has now got the point where I dread driving the car, I even contemplated part ex'ing for the Big Daddy S/C, but in all honesty, why the F Censored K should I. If it was not for the knocking noise, I love the car, it does everything and far exceeds any other make of 4x4 I have the pleasure of driving in the past or more recently.

I have had bushes after bushes changed, anti roll bar linkages tightened, more bushes changed, the ARC unit replaced, the front air suspension replaced and time after time the knocking reappears. My car is verging on bionic man territory, it has been rebuilt so many times, albeit without the technology of fixing it Shocked

6 b Censored y times it has been in and six times the noise has reoccured, which in anyones case is both frustrating and ultimately shoddy. No reflection towards my dealer whatsoever, this is a LR technical fault plain and simple. Their issue and therefore their responsibility. I did not pay vast amounts of my hard earned cash to drive around in something that sounds like old pipework in an old creaky mansion, period.

I shall be putting this down "officially" to LR via a letter and requesting a permanent fix or its time for me personally to get legal, enough really is enough.

Passing this off as a characteristic is pure nonsense and they know it. If it was a characteristic, then every single car that left the production line would do it, this we know NOT to be true. What it is, is the big unknown, at the end of the day LR are the only ones that can resolve it and LR can be the only ones held responsible. It IS NOT a dealer issue, nor a model specific issue, it is some cars that leave the factory with the Dynamic pack.

I hope LR read this and I hope they finally get around to fixing it, but after some 2.5 years of waiting, I think we, as drivers, have been more than reasonable at the waiting game, MORE than reasonable.

Yes, we could keep waiting and waiting and waiting, but it has to end somewhere. Fixes should be a priority for existing clientele in any business, it is in mine. A wooly statement of "a fix is coming in 2 months" has been the second most used bucket of bolloc*s in the LR excuse book for some months now and hey presto, it remains. Naturally the "chracteristic" is still the hot favourite, aka bolloc*s. Sad

Anyway, as stated, I am willing to lead this, feel free to drop me a PM and we can start the proceedings, nothing wrong or immoral, just good old fashioned and legal customer satisfaction. Very Happy

Time to get pro-active people. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #189687 Thu Sep 25 2008 11:25pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Would a mass emailing to What Car?'s Helpdesk (email wchelpdesk@whatcar.com) be any use?
The suspension rattle seems to come and go on mine - after dry weather there is significantly more rattling on the rough roads around here than when it has been humid or wet. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #189717 Fri Sep 26 2008 8:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

mine rattles when its cold weather (aka english weather) only - not when hot .. Rolling Eyes 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #189721 Fri Sep 26 2008 8:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Would a mass emailing to What Car?'s Helpdesk (email wchelpdesk@whatcar.com) be any use?
The suspension rattle seems to come and go on mine - after dry weather there is significantly more rattling on the rough roads around here than when it has been humid or wet.

I think so Tim.....enough is enough and all that. Are you going to do something collectively ?? L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #189727 Fri Sep 26 2008 10:55am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Ok guys and gals.

I now have the contact details needed to get this moving. If we (the affected ones) are prepared to sit on our laurels on this then so be it, alternatively we could be pro-active and apply some much needed pressure to LR as to get them to confirm when they intend to fix this issue, when I say confirm I am looking for a firm date rather than the current fluff of a pending resolution.

To reaffirm, I am willing to lead this unless someone else would like to volunteer Whistle

As this has been dragging its a$$ since product inception and with the same issues still apparent from some that roll off the production line, now would be ideal time to hit this head on, protest, letter or whatever.

Come on people, lets rock and roll. Exclamation Remember this will only work with numbers Exclamation

To move forward, would suggest we get people last six digits of VIN numbers and names. Question Question

Comments. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #190009 Mon Sep 29 2008 12:02pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Whistle Whistle Just got back from a business meeting - a colleague said "what's that water pipe sound"....I announced the official LR line and that is was a characteristic............he simply replied with "B Censored s, it sounds like your car is falling apart". He likened it to a beaten up banger that had "knackered suspension". Shocked

.....I rest my case Big Cry Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #190041 Mon Sep 29 2008 1:32pm
Leo

Kenya 

Go for it!

Do you have 'class action' in England?

Post #190053 Mon Sep 29 2008 2:27pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

We do now.....it took a while, but lots of groups use this method now Surprised L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #190061 Mon Sep 29 2008 2:49pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Ok, I have got the ball running, so to speak. I have lodged, or more appropriately re-lodged the complaint with LR CS team. Idea

I am to expect a call tomorrow with a definitive update on the fix and more specifically how they plan to tackle the issue. Once I am armed with this information, I will let all know.

Stage 2 and beyond is where it will get mighty interesting, either as a sole issue or joint effort, I am committed to getting this sorted once and for all. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #190104 Mon Sep 29 2008 5:18pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

As the originator of this post I would like to call on everyone to support will-wonka's efforts to get Land Rover to sort this design fault once and for all. Just because your own car is not currently affected does not guarantee that it won't be in a few thousand miles time! The time for action is now.

I'll shout this:

WATCH THIS POST AND SUPPORT ANY FUTURE ACTION Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #190112 Mon Sep 29 2008 7:02pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Cheers rrsjo Thumbs Up

As a sort of interim update, LR are sending a technical manager down on Monday to view, listen and then probably suck HUGE amounts of air through his teeth..............his report is posted to LR technical and CS the same day, so lest us see what that brings. Thumbs Up

Stage 1 nearly complete.

It seems Stages 2 and beyond will be a one man band affair then people Question Whistle Very disappointed. Sad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #190229 Tue Sep 30 2008 6:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 32 <123 ... 111213 ... 303132>