Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > RRS Airbag Compliant Seat Covers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BKHK

Australia 
RRS Airbag Compliant Seat Covers

Guys

I am about to use the RRS to tow my boat to and from the launching ramp. The job previously fell to my old "Beach Jeep" Wrangler which has just been sold as part of my agreement with Mrs BKHK when I bought the RRS.

As happens with boats, there is some inevitability that I will end up wading and getting a wet behind. I would like to know if there are any tailored waterproof seat covers available as an LR accessory since I would like to purchase a set for the front seats for boat ramp use to protect my ebony leather from the ravages of salt water. I did a quick search but not much came up.

Anyone know whether they are available for the RRS and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Post #172960 Mon Jun 16 2008 2:52pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Yes there are and you should be able to get them from your dealer, however if you have rear screens in the headrests they will not fit. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #172962 Mon Jun 16 2008 2:56pm
BKHK

Australia 

Thanks VA, I will call the stealer tomorrow.

Screens.....I don't even have one of those in the front (excluding my TomTom 720 which really does fit very nicely in the cubby where a real screen would be if I had one!!)

Post #172966 Mon Jun 16 2008 3:26pm
BKHK

Australia 

VA....

The stealer says that they are not available. He will only be considering Oz, of course. Can you confirm whether or not they are available as an OEM accessory over there in Blighty?

If so, any ideas how I might go about the procurement process?

I don't want to go aftermarket if I can avoid it....

Can you help me out with a UK dealer contact?

Thanks

Post #173368 Thu Jun 19 2008 7:38am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Have a chat with forum sponsor Charles Hurst Park Royal - if they are still available, I'm sure they'll be able to ship them out to you... mention the forum and you'll get a discount too! Thumbs Up Details in the Sponsors page Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #173370 Thu Jun 19 2008 8:05am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I happen to have my 'official' Range Rover Sport Accessories brochure right to hand at my desk. Clearly on page 27 it shows the waterproof seat covers. When the stealer - MLR - gave me the brochure (admittedly I had to chase it after asking several times for one) they stated that the only accessories from the brochure not available in Australia was the HST kit.

What you are after (and the stealer says are not available) are these front seat covers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Range-Rover...39883QQtcZ

and these rear seat covers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Range-Rover...QQtcZphoto

The brochure shows a third colour available as well as the aspen and sand referenced on these ebay links.

Slightly off topic, but after my very pleasant first service experience, MLR seem to have dropped the ball a little. Just the little things like replying to an email is all I ask! Sad

Post #173427 Thu Jun 19 2008 10:50am
BKHK

Australia 

Thanks 2nd Rower. I have emailed the stealer and suggested that they look again and have quoted your page number 27!!

Do you know what the 3rd colour is as shown in the accessories brochure?

Cheers

BKHK

Post #173470 Thu Jun 19 2008 1:53pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The only reason these covers might not be for sale is that LR had a problem with colour bleeding onto lighter colour seats. Might be work dropping the parts dept of Charles Hurst LR an email and ask whether they supply and able to send to Oz. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #173476 Thu Jun 19 2008 2:25pm
2nd Rower

BKHK wrote:
Do you know what the 3rd colour is as shown in the accessories brochure?

Nope - for some strange reason despite being the larger of the pictures in the brochure it had no colour description! Looked blue though.

Post #173575 Thu Jun 19 2008 11:00pm
Roland

Switzerland 

You must have an old accessories brochure. In the current one there are only aspen (greenish grey) and sand (beige) but no third colour.

Have a look here: http://www.escapegear.co.za/

I got mine from them and inclusive of shipping from South Africa they are a bit cheaper than the OEM ones and definitely much nicer to look at and 100% cotton. They do them tailor-made for the RRS.

Roland SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #173635 Fri Jun 20 2008 9:57am
BKHK

Australia 

Roland

Looking at the website,I don't see any for the RRS, just Disco and Defender. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Post #173701 Fri Jun 20 2008 1:10pm
Roland

Switzerland 

Yes, they are not listed on their website but they do them for the RRS and price and looks are the same as for the Disco III HSE (with the separate armrests). SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #173703 Fri Jun 20 2008 1:38pm
BKHK

Australia 
Thanks to Charles Hurst Park Royal

Big thanks to Andrew Harding at Charles Hurst Park Royal. My new seat covers have arrived today and I will be fitting them as it gets toward the boating season. Thumbs Up

Incidentally my Stealer said that they would get back to me regarding availability of these covers.....that was on June 20th and as of yesterday, I had heard NOTHING from them.

I hope that their service is going to be better than their parts department...? Confused

Post #176112 Wed Jul 09 2008 4:43am
2nd Rower

Great Thumbs Up - Be nice to see some photos of them BKHK, still mulling seat covers over myself, but I don't think the colours will match my ebony interior.

I am also noticing that MLR are not that good with their phone follow up. Very courteous when on site though!

Post #176113 Wed Jul 09 2008 5:30am
BKHK

Australia 

I take your point about the colour matching 2nd, but the sand looks quite OK with Ebony since it is another shade of the headlining colour. Since you do some off roading, I reckon they would be a good addition for you.

Post #176114 Wed Jul 09 2008 5:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1