RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > North America > comparing my 08 4.4 RRS to my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Passatglx

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver
comparing my 08 4.4 RRS to my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7

I traded in my 05 Grand cherokee 4.7 V8 for an 08 RRS 4.4. My jeep got 12.5.12.5 city and the best I got was 19.1 highway. My prev SUV was an 05 LR3 4.4 so I wasn't expecting any better gas mileage out of the range sport. Well to my surpise I got 20.2 MPG highway doing around 70 - 75 mph. The jeep def can take the RRS off the line. I beleive 0-60 is 7.3. Jeep weights around 4600lbs. But the RRS has alot more power past 65- 80 mph. We all know the jeep is no where near the Ranges solid build or features. Just wanted to mention how happy I am with the gas mileage compared to the grand cherokee. Not bad for a 3 ton SUV

Post #171733 Thu Jun 05 2008 8:33pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Fine choice!! Thumbs Up Maybe you should have gone for the S/C if you wanted more initial grunt Question

I know the Jeep has come on, but I drove one very very recently and was shocked by the shoddy build Shocked , also you just blend in, like any other car on the road....whereas with a Rangie, you get look after look....albeit some are genuinely wanting to stab you as they drive around in their family saloon!! Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #171734 Thu Jun 05 2008 8:56pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Before we bought the RRS we drove just about every option and we dismissed the Grand Cherokee very early on. The Merc sourced 320CDi engine was nowhere near as well installed as it is in the new ML (Suppose similar to the TDV8 installation in FFRR Vs RRS) and the interior was cramped and shockingly poor quality. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #171776 Fri Jun 06 2008 8:59am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

There's a reason why the Jeep SRT is as cheap as it is compared with an RRS SC for example. Excellent for scaring old ladies with but the car itself is Censored 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #171780 Fri Jun 06 2008 9:08am
Passatglx

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver

shmoogle wrote:
There's a reason why the Jeep SRT is as cheap as it is compared with an RRS SC for example. Excellent for scaring old ladies with but the car itself is Censored

Yes I agree the materials (hard plastic dash) are garbage. But to offer a 6.1 litre 420hp monster that does a 13 sec 1/4 mile for $40 k is pretty impressive. I know Land Rover is not competeting with the Jeep Srt8 but I wrote off the supercharged 4.2 just for the fact that its only about a little over a second faster in the 0-60 and 1/4. Our RRS are way too heavy. Now the 4.2 s/c in a jaguar XKR or Xf, It sounds and feels like a totally diffrent engine. even the naturally aspirated 4.2 in the 08 XK. Well I guess it moves a car 2,000 lbs less alot quicker. Love the RRS though. Best car Land Rover ever built. Even better than the Range Rover.

Post #171897 Fri Jun 06 2008 6:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1