RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > BT Phone Frustration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

joka748

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Alaska White
BT Phone Frustration

Does anyone know if you can upgrade from a dealer fitted BT car kit to the factory fit spec?

I bought my 2006 HSE in December and had the LR car kit fitted after a demo in another vehicle and liked what I saw / heard (i.e. contact download, keypad entry etc.). However, after many hours of reading this forum and phone calls to the dealer I now know that there is a difference which is why my kit will only pair with 0000 and not 2121, but onbody has been able to explain what the difference is. Its performance is also poor and the voices tags archaic.

Any help would be gratefully received, and for anyone thinking of having a dealer fit a LR kit buy a Parrot or save a large amount of fuel vouchers and spend £30 on a BT headset and get a much better product that will give you full voice recognition of all your contacts.

I have asked the dealer and called LR today who I have to say were none to helpful. (When it comes to customer service these guys need to get a lesson from Porsche)

Post #152058 Thu Jan 17 2008 9:36pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

As we've said before, it is probably technically possible but it would take a lot of time (and therefore money) and you may even find that some dealers simply would not attempt it. I'm afraid it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that not many answers are forthcoming as there won't be many owners out there who are trying to do what you're doing. Neither have that many owners had the dealer kit installed so it might be time to cut your losses and get the Parrot.

Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #152073 Fri Jan 18 2008 10:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1