RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Land Rover Audio connectivity module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Compared to this baby, its cheap!!! http://www.gadget-and-gizmos.co.uk/dension...p-249.html

Shocked Shocked Shocked

But then again, maybe that supports 300Gb disks?! L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #145553 Fri Nov 16 2007 7:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

JayMann wrote:
will_wonka wrote:
RRP is £168
Censored that Cheaper to burn MP3 Cd's

Says the man(n) with the BMW 760iL Alpina that struggles to get 15mpg, but in his hands does 5mpg....... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Cheapskate/tightwad or what? M8 you could teach an Aberdonian a few things in the money saving stakes 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145557 Fri Nov 16 2007 8:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Mate if i get another sport that will be first on the list but not gonna spend money like at for some after market toy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #145559 Fri Nov 16 2007 8:08pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

will_wonka wrote:
Compared to this baby, its cheap!!! http://www.gadget-and-gizmos.co.uk/dension...p-249.html

Shocked Shocked Shocked

But then again, maybe that supports 300Gb disks?!
The unit in the RRS is a cut down version of the denison, a mate has one on his MG ZT-T 260 and he has a 200Gb HD on his, plus the tracks are listed on the sat nav screen.
Tried disconecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconecting but it still don't work Sad
It was too late to get to the dealers too.
When it was first installed it never worked until the battery was disconected but worked fine after that. Will be taking a long 3.5mm jack lead with me for the trip to the annual meet. Thumbs Up Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #145567 Fri Nov 16 2007 8:50pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

So what do you reckon guys - fit or ditch??

Based on what Alicatt has found, it seems problematic. Ok it is only going to cost me the RRP and no fitting costs - but possibly a waste of £168 for a car that only has 12 months shelf life left!! Big Cry

If the new ones have them fitted and by the end of next year, they should have ironed out any bugs with the help of the TATA boys!! Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #145570 Fri Nov 16 2007 9:19pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Car was in the dealer at Hasselt this morning, iPod ACM module was fixed there was a fault in one of the modules behind the dashboard. They reset it and the fault is cleared and it works fine again. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #146527 Mon Nov 26 2007 2:50pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Ok, I have had the Audio module fitted and TBH....what a disappointment!!! Rolling Eyes

I asked that the IPod cradle was left behind the dash as I did not own an IPod and instead was going to use the USB connector with the various sticks I have. What a mistake.

Firstly, it lists nothing on the head unit meaning, aside from listening to the track, you do not have a clue what you are listening too! Big Cry

There is an obvious limitation regarding size here as I too tested the 300Gb disk and it completely failed to stop trying to load the songs, in fact, that is as far as it got, I left it for 8 hours and it did nothing.

I think LR should state size limitations as it only seems to be happy with 4Gb sticks or less and then you listen blind!!

Secondly, I decided to purchase a new IPod as to do away with the relying on the useless USB method. Shock horror, even with the IPod crade connected and it being all plumbed into the head unti via Fibre Ops, it still shows you nothing on the screen!! Big Cry

I did not want the cradle mounted / screwed into my dashboard as LR suggest and asked to have it installed where the USB / AV connector was, i.e. in the glovebox. Now not knowing that nothing would be displayed on the head unit or touch screen, I now realise what a useless piece of tat this is and to boot priced at £155 + the VAT.

Ok, I did not pay installation thanks to the stealer, but this is a lot of money to basically charge an IPod and play blind songs on your audio system. I have asked them to raise a request with LR to see why no information is displayed, but a not holding out much hope of a response as they (LR) seem clueless when discussing the wiring capabilities of the head unti / touch screen.

I guess the question is, why can Jags get this option working with the head unit etc??

Also, it seems Dension who manufacturer the 500 GW system have decided not to launch for the LR brand now as LR have bought the rights to the interface - this I find very strange indeed.

It seems we are destined to either (a) have a cradle and use the IPod screen for track listing etc - ultimately a hassle as you have fiddly buttons to use when driving or searching or (b) stick to CD's! Big Cry

If any one has any feedback or information, please let me know - this needs to be shoved where the sun does not shine back with someone from LR.

Lastly - and this has to be my biggest whiney post - according to a car audio retailer in Reading, there is a new system being launched next year by an undisclosed, as yet, which will allow full interface with the touch screen and display album art, playlists etc........I was told to expect a cost of about £600 + VAT + Fitting....which = an expensive add-on. Jees. Rolling Eyes L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #148554 Sat Dec 15 2007 2:53pm
LR-madness

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Ipod interface to touchscreen

First of all, I can understand what the fuss is all about, I really was not happy at all, when I installed my ipod into the cradle and went to using it. I bought the kit installed as from new, on a HSE TDV8 Mr. Green with all the bells on it : privacy glass, PTI, Adaptive headlights, Premium Ice, Hybrid TV, TPMS, Lined oak, Cold Climate pack and of course : the long awaited IPOD interface, of which i thought it would at least show the track info on the head unit on a car costing about 84k € Big Cry

I have searched and searched for everything I can find, but no company has the system that I want :
Be able to let the passenger watch TV or video while driving
Be able to control the ipod through touch screen
Be able to see the video from the Ipod through touch screen
Separating Ipod control from PTI control : while using the PTI system with steering wheel controls, the system also "talks" to the ipod, so things are happening on the ipod, while I was dialling numbers on the PTI system

Hey, but the rest of the car is fabulous, it pulls like a train, the drive is fantastic, road handling (with active cornering enhancement and brembo's) is state of the art, and it even fetches the newspaper ! Rolling with laughter No serious, I am very happy with it, only I would have liked the engineers at LR would have done a better job implementing such an easy interface with all this hardware on board !

Anybody any idea of how i could solve these minor (or major) issues ?

Post #148685 Sun Dec 16 2007 11:19pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Think I'll stick with my circa £30 Belkin connection and be happy with the Ipod set on shuffle Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #148712 Mon Dec 17 2007 10:40am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Sounds like a good idea Josh. Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #148727 Mon Dec 17 2007 11:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12