RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > AMBER ENGINE WARNING LIGHT MYSTERY!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

FA786

United Kingdom 
AMBER ENGINE WARNING LIGHT MYSTERY!!!!

I picked up my RRS S/C Sept 1st, well for 4 weeks everything was fine got used to the fuel economy, drive was good awsome power. Then suddenly couple weeks back amber engine warning light(Reduce engine performance warning) came on ...called LR assist they came out plugged in laptop diagnosed air intake to lean on left bank told me software problem and disabled the amber light and gave me the error codes. Next day took it into dealership they plugged it into their big computer uploaded some new software so they say??..Took it away...4 days later amber engine warning light came on ...so back to dealer they checked it out same error code on the computer came up they checked it out said air intake nozzel hose clip was loose so they tightened this up....Drove for 4 days again light back on ...filled up at Petrol Station light went off ...emmm wierd....so drove over weekend light back on ...back to dealership 3rd time now again seperate engineer checked it out again said air intake nozzel not sitting right so sorted this out.tightened the hose clip...test drove it said it was ok.....again 4 days later light on again..and now back into dealership for 4th time and they haven't got a clue what to do they checked it out and have now got in touch with LR UK head office for help lets see what happens on Monday ...I've refused to take the car back until the fault is sorted or I want a refund or new RRS.... Any ideas anyone we are totally lost!!!![/code]

Post #142955 Fri Oct 26 2007 8:37pm
SteveWilliams

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

It is a strange one this. It could always be a wiring fault or faulty sensor but i'm no expert. I would think that you are perfectly within your rights to refuse this vehicle as not fit for purpose and get it exchanged for a new one.

Be interesting to see how this works out. Keep us posted.

Post #142956 Fri Oct 26 2007 8:49pm
bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

which london dealer?

Post #142992 Sat Oct 27 2007 8:24am
FA786

United Kingdom 
ALL SORTED

Finally all sorted after 2 weeks of test after test and stripping the gasket engine down a minute hole was discovered in a pipe which was leaking air thus caused the engine warning light to come on. Been replaced and so far no problems....nice guys at the dealership gave me 50% discount on first service and Supaguard for whole car in and out for cost price... so I guess they kept me as a customer afterall

Post #146773 Thu Nov 29 2007 5:07pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Thumbs Up Good to hear a resolution. Had a simillar problem with my MG ZT260, I fitted a larger throttlebody, up from 68mm to 75mm, and pinched the O-Ring slightly, took a bit to find it and at first I thought it was the new throttlebody that was at fault Embarassed Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #146789 Thu Nov 29 2007 7:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1