RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ECU Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

gazza500

Jersey 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
ECU Upgrade

Well I was impressed with the perfomance of my RRS on the way up to Coventry to see John at JE, and boy was I impressed when I left.

The car is now what I would call 'quick' for a car of that size, and boy does it pull like a freight train! The engine noise is different and has more of a growl, and fuel economy in the UK was 30.8MPG even with my lead foot!

ten out of ten to the boys at JE-highly recommended!!

Whilst I was there I saw the 'Hamsters' new toy built specially for a 'shoot out' with Clarkson. This defender has everything including what I think is a 5.0L V8

Keep a look out for that episode! Chawton White TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and Rodium, Automatic Climate Control,
Privacy Glass, 22 inch, Hawke Alloy Wheels, Brembo Front Brakes, Premium ICE Pack, Clear repeaters, Chrome Driving Light Surrounds, Tasmods, Chrome handles, HST Grille, Chrome Side Vents, JE ECU Upgrade

Post #143639 Wed Oct 31 2007 4:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #143931 Fri Nov 02 2007 2:52pm
TurboD

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

These figures people are putting out for their ecu upgrades I just dont believe.

I had mine done about 3 months ago and a realistic figure is about 21mpg ok this is around the greater London area but it is mixed driving Crying or Very sad

Anyone in the Norf London area I would be interested to see your post on your realistic ecu mpg upgrade figure. The car is bloody quick though Very Happy

Peter

Post #144085 Sat Nov 03 2007 5:13pm
gazza500

Well I hope you are satisfied with my reply. Here is a photo taken today three days after the car has been back in jersey. The MPG has dropped because of the nature of driving here, but it still discounts your comments. Not everyone bullsh*ts. Twisted Evil

Chawton White TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and Rodium, Automatic Climate Control,
Privacy Glass, 22 inch, Hawke Alloy Wheels, Brembo Front Brakes, Premium ICE Pack, Clear repeaters, Chrome Driving Light Surrounds, Tasmods, Chrome handles, HST Grille, Chrome Side Vents, JE ECU Upgrade

Post #144086 Sat Nov 03 2007 5:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Well said, gazza. TurboD should be aware that JE make no claims whatsoever for improved fuel consumption when upgrading an ECU, other than to say it "may" be improved under certain conditions. That very many customers report significant improvements is testimony to JE's mapping technology giving more fuel-efficient burns. This is in spite of much livelier performance giving rise, quite rightly, to a more enthusiastic driving style. Smile

Post #144101 Sat Nov 03 2007 11:09pm
Endjin

Scotland 

TurboD wrote:
These figures people are putting out for their ecu upgrades I just dont believe.

I had mine done about 3 months ago and a realistic figure is about 21mpg ok this is around the greater London area but it is mixed driving Crying or Very sad

Anyone in the Norf London area I would be interested to see your post on your realistic ecu mpg upgrade figure. The car is bloody quick though Very Happy

Peter

I can promise you my figures are completely honest! I got my RRS in June and it is coming up to 9K on the clock. I have had the ECU upgrade since new and I get an average of around 27 MPG. I do mixed driving and due to the great country roads up here tend to drive it fairly hard on my 70 mile round trip to work every day.
I did experiment for a couple of days by driving very conservatively and averaged 32 mpg!! - but I have to confess to getting very bored! So am now back to having a bit of fun at the lower mpg. Thumbs Up What you fail to tell us TurboD, is if you are driving a V6 or V8? obviously that would make a difference. As you can see from my sig panel mine is a V6. 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #144154 Sun Nov 04 2007 6:53pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 
Re: ECU Upgrade

gazza500 wrote:
Whilst I was there I saw the 'Hamsters' new toy built specially for a 'shoot out' with Clarkson. This defender has everything including what I think is a 5.0L V8

Keep a look out for that episode!

This car was at MPH over the weekend as part of the theatre show - the theory was the "loudest noise you can make from a LR" or something. It was bloody noisy - sounded fantastic, although from what they were saying, it was the 4.2 from the SC Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #144203 Mon Nov 05 2007 10:22am
gazza500

its a real bummer being stuck on this rock sometimes Big Cry When I saw the car at JE is was stadingstill but still looked very impressive Thumbs Up Chawton White TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and Rodium, Automatic Climate Control,

Post #144205 Mon Nov 05 2007 10:25am
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Hamster's engine is a JE 4.5 litre Rover V8, giving around 260bhp. The noise is, unfortunately, what MPH seem to want and is the result of an exhaust diverter, cable-operated from the cockpit, and a side exhaust fabricated from a pair of Larini TdV6 tail pipes!! http://www.jeengineering.co.uk/latest_news.htm[/url]

Post #144225 Mon Nov 05 2007 12:11pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Here it is on stage... as well as being loud it shifted too. Sorry about the rubbish pic, it was pretty dark in there.

Click image to enlarge

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #144226 Mon Nov 05 2007 12:54pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Why oh why did they have to put that gawd awful checker plate on the wings and bonnet, it looks so tacky. Hammond isn't tall enough to be able to climb on the bonnet and wings in the first place - he would have to use a ladder to get there! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #144242 Mon Nov 05 2007 2:27pm
TurboD

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I'm back.

Its the TDV8 .

So is 21 for the V8 realistic figure?

Post #144530 Wed Nov 07 2007 8:28pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

For the unmodified TDV8 it is on the low side, round town I get better than that, and on the motorway 32mpg is easily achieved. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #144541 Wed Nov 07 2007 9:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'll second Alicatt, although mine isn't yet 2 weeks old I've been getting in excess of 30mpg on motorway hauls and between 27 and 30 on fast A roads in Central Scotland. I don't need to drive in town at rush hour so couldn't tell you what mine would get in that sort of driving. So far it's fuel consumption has equalled or bettered the TDv6 that I ran and I am tending to drive it harder than I drove the v6 because it is so much fun to drive it like a hooligan! Mine is not modified either. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #144547 Wed Nov 07 2007 9:50pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

A propos Hammonds "tacky" chequerplate on "Buster"s bonnet. Here's one just arrived for an even further uprated engine from The British Embassy in Amman, Jordan, piloted by Col."Indiana Jones" Curry. 171,000km around the World. Tacky?? I don't think so Rolling Eyes

Post #144548 Wed Nov 07 2007 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>