Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > HELP: Gone wobbly on my RRS Order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

alowson

Australia 
HELP: Gone wobbly on my RRS Order

Hi Everyone,

I ordered a while ago a RSS TDV6 from my Australian dealer (car dealer that is. Very Happy ) with all the toys Nav, DVD, TV, PTI, etc.

Currently I have a Discovery 3 and I am increasingly thinking about cancelling my RRS order and switching to ordering an other Disco HSE with all the toys. I love the truck style of the Disco and as the size of it.

I think I am worried about the internal size of the RRS, boot etc, maybe it is a bit too much stuck between the RR and Disco.

So I was wanting to ask the group there thoughts on this, I have a wife, baby, and a horse.

How do you all find the RRS, especially if you had a Disco before.

Cheers from downunder,

Andrew

Post #142394 Mon Oct 22 2007 1:52am
KiwiCool

New Zealand 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

You won't have too much trouble with the wife and baby but the horse might cause a bit of a problem. Maybe if you put the baby on Mum's knee and folded the back seats down you might just squeeze a very small horse in (tightly folded of course). Rolling Eyes

Just kidding. There isn't a lot of load space in the back and from my memory somewhat less than the Disco 3 SDV6 (14.5) Corris Grey NZ Spec + door mouldings, mud flaps and tow bar
Also Audi A1 Sport + - (wife's rocket) and 1985 BMW 628 CSI

Post #142395 Mon Oct 22 2007 3:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have an RRS but recently had a Disco3 on loan.

I have to transport a pair of rowing oars to and from my boat and found that in the RRS, with the single passenger seat folded flat, the oars would just fit diagonally across the load bay, stretching from the back of the drivers seat to the far rear corner. Doing the same exercise in the Disco I was amazed to find that the extra length spare was only about 100 mm.

So in reality there cannot be a lot of difference in the length of floor space available. The main difference I found was:-

1) The centre seat in the Disco folds flat as a separate seat, where as in the RRS the centre seat is part of one of the side seats.

2) On the Disc the tale gate drops down making it difficult to reach into the load space, whereas on the RRS it lifts up.

3) There are no additional under floor seats in the RRS to transport 7 adults unlike the Disco.

4) Obviously there is a lot more height in the Disco.

I chose a RRS over a Disco because I like driving and found the handling and driving experience offered by the RRS was far superior to that of the Disco 3 - and I wanted the TDV8 engine for the same raason. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #142396 Mon Oct 22 2007 7:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 
Re: HELP: Gone wobbly on my RRS Order

alowson wrote:
I have a wife, baby, and a horse.

There's something you don't hear every day... Confused

I'm not sure there is actually that much more loadspace in the D3 than there is the RRS. One of the main reasons that people go for the D3 over the RRS is because of the extra two seats and slightly better offroad ability. If you don't need 7 seats though, I have to say there are countless more reasons to buy the RRS. But I would say that, wouldn't I? Whistle 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #142425 Mon Oct 22 2007 12:10pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

RRS = Form over Function

D3 = Function over Form

At a guess the D3 holds about twice as much as the RRS, and 2 more people and more bottles of water / wine / pop than a family of 7 could drink in a week. The D3 has loads of user friendly, bright ideas, looks purposeful and does everything really well.

The RRS on the other hand is a good drivers car, has an upmarket image and is effective as a family car as long as your family aint too big, you have a smallish dog and don't carry that much luggage (or at least not more than 1 of these things at a time.

We have a D3 and an RRS in the family and whilst I love the RRS we couldn't live without the D3.

...ya pays ya money ya takes ya choice Thumbs Up RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #142583 Tue Oct 23 2007 3:43pm
Rick

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Andrew,

If you prefer a cavernous interior, height and a slightly utilitarian feel, I think the Disco is the way to go (or a late model used FFRR). I love my RRS and use it to transport bikes and stuff (terrific space with back seats down) but I do miss that huge interior truck-like feel of my old Disco (you definitely don't get that with an RRS). In fact the only reason I didn't buy the new Disco is that I just couldn't live with that hideous asymmetrical back window and rear light. By the way, on that subject, you can now get an aftermarket swing away spare tyre carrier which would make accessing the spare much easier, provide better ground clearance and, most importantly, would obstruct the view of that ridiculous back window - just a thought.

Cheers,
Rick. TDV6 / Stornoway Grey + Black / Rhodium / Sunroof / Side Steps / DVD / SatNav / 19" Wheels / Bi-Xenon / Premium ICE / Nudge Bar

Post #142758 Thu Oct 25 2007 2:02pm
R22Flyer

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

My brother has a D3 and I have the RRS I quite funny watching he have to plan shopping trips on which Car Parks fit the D3 as a number of my local one don't do the 2.0m needed for the D3

RRS = Park out of the Rain

D3 = Get Wet

The extra boot space is good for the umbrellas you will need Rolling with laughter Tesla Model Y - 2023
RRS 3 Autobiography P440e 2023 - Order Cancelled
RRS Autobiography P400e 2020 - White
Bentley 2008 Arnage 6.75L V8 - Fountain Blue
Lexus NX300h 2019 Red - Sold
Lexus RX450h 2016 Red - Sold
RRS HSE MY12, SDV6, Orkney Grey - Sold
RR Evoque, Prestige Lux, Owned 1 week and Gone
Lexus RX450h, Silver
BMW X6, 3.5D Red, LOL
RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Post #142848 Thu Oct 25 2007 9:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Don't buy either, go for a FFRR, 5 seats, superluxo, decent drivers car AND a boot bigger than a D3 with the rear most/3rd row seats folded. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #142851 Thu Oct 25 2007 9:42pm
Roland

Switzerland 

Rick wrote:
Andrew,

If you prefer a cavernous interior, height and a slightly utilitarian feel, I think the Disco is the way to go (or a late model used FFRR). I love my RRS and use it to transport bikes and stuff (terrific space with back seats down) but I do miss that huge interior truck-like feel of my old Disco (you definitely don't get that with an RRS). In fact the only reason I didn't buy the new Disco is that I just couldn't live with that hideous asymmetrical back window and rear light. By the way, on that subject, you can now get an aftermarket swing away spare tyre carrier which would make accessing the spare much easier, provide better ground clearance and, most importantly, would obstruct the view of that ridiculous back window - just a thought.

Cheers,
Rick.

Rick, I am interested to hear how you transport your bikes in the back of the RRS, do you take the front wheels off and attach them to an interior rack or something? SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #142862 Fri Oct 26 2007 5:38am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Don't buy either, go for a FFRR, 5 seats, superluxo, decent drivers car AND a boot bigger than a D3 with the rear most/3rd row seats folded.

You have not seen the price of Full Fats down here then.. the base/entry level starts in excess of Sport Supercharged prices..

Andrew, if you can avoid the practicalities, I would just say that the RRS will be seen to be a bit more exclusive..it still turns heads after 2 years of being released, it is not as common as the D3's which in turn are not as common as the ML's and X5's in North Sydney.. and i assume in certain parts of melbourne

Cheers Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #143022 Sat Oct 27 2007 10:44am
Rick

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Roland,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.

I generally put the bikes in the back when I can fold down both back seats - no need to take off the front wheels, of course. But I have taken off the front wheels in the past when I haven't been able to do that (ie two kids in the back).

Cheers,
Rick. TDV6 / Stornoway Grey + Black / Rhodium / Sunroof / Side Steps / DVD / SatNav / 19" Wheels / Bi-Xenon / Premium ICE / Nudge Bar

Post #143710 Thu Nov 01 2007 7:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1