RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bluetooth Problem SonyEricsson P990i and new P1i [SOLVED!]
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GoR2002

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Bluetooth Problem SonyEricsson P990i and new P1i [SOLVED!]

Hi every one. I'm a proud owner of a RRS TDV6 from Spain.

I Have had some problems with it, like a treble sound comming from the steering wheel, and other one comming from the front suspension (sounds like an old car when bumping).. the first seems solved (they repaced me all steering system), the second is there...

My last problem was with my Bluetooth connection. I have a SE P990i that worked fine with my RRS since I bought it.

Some time ago SonyEricsson release a Software Upgrade to fix some bugs... then my phone stoped working with the RRS. It pairs fine, connect, but the screen says "NO SERVICE" just like if there were no GSM signal. So the car does not let me make any calls. If I use the phone to make calls it transfer the sound to the car but I the radio/CD continues working, and I can't use the phone...

Since then, I have used my SE K800i with no problems, hoping that in the next SW update for my p990i all returns fine... but... there have been 3 new firmwares and the problem is the same...

Now I have just bought the NEW SE P1i... a wonderfull phone, sucessor of the P990i, and the problem is the same.. Sad

Any one know if there is something to do??.

My RRS is of April 2006. Do you know if the new RRS that are selling now have the same bluetooth module, or they have a newer one?

Is any software update possible to de PTY of the RRS?

Thanks all for your time, and sorry about my English Confused

Anyone knows how to fix it??. If not... please SE Developers fix it again on the next SW release...

Last edited by GoR2002 on Thu Aug 09 2007 11:56am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #129324 Thu Aug 02 2007 4:19pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum, GoR2002 Smile

It sounds like your suspension is prone to the well reported knocking that a lot of members have suffered from. Look in this thread for further details. Be prepared for a lot of reading Wink

As for your Bluetooth issues - it's really a bit of a lottery as to whether your phone will work or not. Is it possible for you to return your P990i to the version of the firmware that worked? The major problem is that the LR PTI system is Nokia-based and not unusually, works best with Nokia phones. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #129325 Thu Aug 02 2007 4:47pm
GoR2002

Thanks shmoogle!

I understad a little english... but when I read "KNOKING" noise I think of noise like "knoking" a door... my sound is more like "uoooaaa" I mean like the suspension of an old oxidated car....

And for my bluetooth issues: This evening I came from my LR dealer, and I have paired my P990i with a BRAND NEW 2008 Discovery 3 (LR3) with the same PTY System... AND WORKS PERFECTLY!! (the same pairing procedure and 2121.. etc...)

So my dealer is going to ask tomorrow if there is a new bluetooth module or it is just software upgrade... but it seems that my problem is going to be resolved....

If itīs a software update itīs easy... and If I need a new bluetooth module I would change it...

Thanks again.

Post #129338 Thu Aug 02 2007 6:36pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

2008s are fitted with enhanced BT modules compared to 06 ad 07s. For instance, they allow downloading of phonebooks into the PTI system, something you could not do before. An insider here posted that a software upgrade for 06/07 may eventually become available from Land Rover (which would mean the hardware is the same), but I would really be interested in what your dealer has to say about this. I am sure there are several 06 and 07 owners who would love to get the additional functionality on their cars, even if they had to pay for it. 

Post #129348 Thu Aug 02 2007 8:53pm
William

Qatar 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I have the same problem with my Imate JAM PDA. It is listed as a compatibe BT device and worked
just fine during the first few weeks of RRS purchase. After that, the car suddenly STOPPED recongnizing
my mobile as a BT device and won't "see" it.

I tried my wife's Nokia which worked perfectly. This made me think my JAM is faulty. However, it wasn't
since it still links perfectly with my laptop and other GSM phones via BT.

So what could this be related to?

William RRS 2007 HSE V8 * Buckingham Blue * Ebony Leather * Cooler Box * Sunroof * Navigation * PTI Bluetooth * Side Steps * Mud Flaps * Body Side Mouldings * V-Kool V70 Heat Insulation Glass Film * Clear Side Repeaters * Color-coded Side Vents + Grille + Door Handles + Door Mirrors * S/C Rear Decals + Door & Steering Emblems * S/C Exhaust Catbacks * Tasmod Sills * Nokia Cradle + Phone * 22" Stormers * 1st Edition Badge Very Happy

New Pics: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=11210

Post #129447 Thu Aug 02 2007 11:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Simply the fact that your iMate isn't playing nicely with the LR PTI system.... as Umberto says, there are newer BT modules available but I'm not sure whether they are available for retrofit. Your PTI system isn't at fault, as such.... 

Post #129492 Fri Aug 03 2007 9:15am
TurboD

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Blue tooth Problem

I have an HTC phone rebranded under various guises one being Orange SPV.

I to had problems one day it would work then it wouldnt .

I solved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a Parrot Ģ199 fitted no more problems

Post #129618 Fri Aug 03 2007 8:13pm
GoR2002

I have just returned from my Land Rover dealer, and my problem is solved! Thumbs Up

He only reprogramed the bluetooth module with new software and my P990i and P1i works as it should be... He had a new 2008 bluetooth module to change it if the program failed.... but it worked!..

Thanks all!

Post #131159 Thu Aug 09 2007 11:59am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

So looks like dealers are able/happy to retrofit 2008 BT module... Very Happy 

Post #131161 Thu Aug 09 2007 12:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1