RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Official response from Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Misery

United Kingdom 

simple1 Did you have conti's on her?? what have you been offered in exchange?? mine isn't driven slowly either not above the speed limit anyway Wink Wink

Post #126219 Tue Jul 17 2007 10:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Car was supplied with Conti's. And dealer has suggested that the 20's contribute to the problem. I have ordered four new contis for the car. 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #126307 Wed Jul 18 2007 7:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mlines

United Kingdom 

Both my previous Nissan Terrano and Discovery II happily managed over 56k miles per set of tyres. Both were 4x4s, used as real 4x4s and neither can be considered to be lightweight. Event then the tyres were not worn out but were changed once the vehicle became twitchy. I think it is partly the tyre manufacturers - they sell more if they wear quicker 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #126311 Wed Jul 18 2007 8:11am
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

There is truth to that, my faithful old cherokee (1994), has had the same tyres for last 5 years, has covered 30k miles and still has more than legal tread depth. Car is used daily for horse duties and regularly sees mud Rolling with laughter 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #126316 Wed Jul 18 2007 8:19am
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

From experience a 911 will get through a set of tyres in about 8-10 thousand miles of ordinary driving - no track days and sensible driving. To keep it on the road, the tyre needs to be sticky, like a motorcycle tyre (particularly the rear which has to transmit the power to the road) and as a result they wear far quicker than say a saloon car tyre would. The RRS could be fitted with high mileage tyres but with a weight of 2.5 tonnes these would not keep it on the road when taking corners or when braking hard. Also the lower the tyre profile the less give there will be in the side wall and hence they will tend to scrub the outer edge more when cornering. Other 4x4's are equipped with tyres according to their perceived usage and therefore these may provide higher or lower wear rates.

As a rule of thumb, the higher the insurance premium, the more the tyre wear. Thumbs Up

Post #126323 Wed Jul 18 2007 8:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12