RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > FINALLY!! Just got my RRS S/C *pics*. Also please help..pg2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Evolved

shmoogle wrote:
Evolved, your tinted glass.... is it the factory fitted glass or an aftermarket tint? Question

factory fitted shmoogle Cool RRS S/C...privacy glass,side steps and sunroof

Post #115293 Tue Jun 12 2007 12:36am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Are you absolutely sure? Seems your aerial is very visible... a classic identifier that it's an aftermarket job Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #115370 Tue Jun 12 2007 9:00am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Sorry to burst your bubble but the tints are not factory fitted - they may have been fitted in a factory but not in Solihull! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #115437 Tue Jun 12 2007 11:21am
Evolved

Hmm.....I could be wrong...
How can you guys see the difference? RRS S/C...privacy glass,side steps and sunroof

Post #115463 Tue Jun 12 2007 12:28pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

From the rear side windows where your diversity aerial is sited... on normal glass which gets an aftermarket tint applied you can see the aerial very visibly. The factory fitted privacy glass is actually coloured glass (i.e it's not a film) so the aerial is buried away inside the glass so you can't see it... 

Post #115467 Tue Jun 12 2007 12:32pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

A much better explanation than mine! Wink 

Post #115469 Tue Jun 12 2007 12:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You beat me to the answer shmoogle.
Just looked at my non privacy glass car - the antenna is actually bonded to the inside surface of the glass - as S says the privacy glass is coloured glass so the antennae don't show, with the aftermarket film this is laid over the top of the antennae wires and trap a small amount of air and are much more visible as a result 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #115470 Tue Jun 12 2007 12:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Evolved

Tim in Scotland wrote:
You beat me to the answer shmoogle.
Just looked at my non privacy glass car - the antenna is actually bonded to the inside surface of the glass - as S says the privacy glass is coloured glass so the antennae don't show, with the aftermarket film this is laid over the top of the antennae wires and trap a small amount of air and are much more visible as a result

I hear ya!
Never really noticed it like that RRS S/C...privacy glass,side steps and sunroof

Post #115484 Tue Jun 12 2007 1:06pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Did you specify the factory fitted privacy glass E? If so then you could reject the car as not being the right spec? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #115487 Tue Jun 12 2007 1:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Evolved

Speaking of this......I have another concern that is far more important to me....I was going to post a new topic but I'll just put it here anyways.

When my father's friend bought the vehicle he used it for a bit...Just a couple runs...since we were still trying to get some import licenses in order on our end. This took more time than we thought! When we finally thought everything was in order, we gave him the okay to ship it out. He did and when it got here, our local customs agent said that we needed more approvals!
This took me over 2 months! Paid alot of rent at the port storage facility etc.

Anyways long story short, after finally getting it off the port, I encountered a battery problem. It started once then cut off the next time and refused to start again.

So a couple days later I take it to the ONLY local authorized dealer here to replace the battery. They did, and everything worked fine. Brilliant I thought!

Now....time to pay the dealer's bill!...I see a ridiculous cost for the labour to replace the battery..£100!!!!
In Trinidad....that's madness! For hell's sake I could have installed the bloody thing myself!
I questioned as to why the labour cost on a simple battery change was so much.

Their answer/explanation was.....that any car that isn't bought through them will pay a higher parts and labour charge. The manager said that this was their policy since we didnt buy it through them but instead imported it on our own. He said if the vehicle was bought from them then the labour charge would have been £50 instead!......So I had to pay double? why!?!

Thing is...I also have a C class which I imported new directly from Germany and the firm here services it and honors the warranty just as they should. Labour and parts prices are the same as if I had bought it from them.

So why is Land Rover in Trinidad doing this to me? I figure it's because they are basically a monopoly here.
I intend on reporting this issue to a higher authority....but can someone direct me to where? RRS S/C...privacy glass,side steps and sunroof

Post #115529 Tue Jun 12 2007 2:28pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

E - they do it because they can. Each countries laws are different but I would contact LR in the UK to see what their policy re franchise costs is. They are probably an independent garage with the LR franchise and as you state you have no other choice so they basically can charge what they like - word of advice, don't Censored them off too much because they could say 'sod you we never want to touch your car again' and then you will up stuck! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #115530 Tue Jun 12 2007 2:33pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Hmm... I'm not sure but I think the LR warranty and service process is the same across the world.

You can raise issues with LR Customer Service in the UK directly, via email in the first instance to lradvice@landrover.com. They should be able to help you out further... good luck Very Happy 

Post #115531 Tue Jun 12 2007 2:36pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Forgot to say but I would have thought ALL warranty work should be free. I would also include a duff battery in that depending on the age of the car. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #115532 Tue Jun 12 2007 2:38pm
Evolved

Very Annoyed wrote:
E - they do it because they can. Each countries laws are different but I would contact LR in the UK to see what their policy re franchise costs is. They are probably an independent garage with the LR franchise and as you state you have no other choice so they basically can charge what they like - word of advice, don't Censored them off too much because they could say 'sod you we never want to touch your car again' and then you will up stuck!

Big Cry
you got that right.....
They already have that attitude of "take it or leave it"

Thanks VA and Shmoogle..will contact that email for some advice! Thumbs Up RRS S/C...privacy glass,side steps and sunroof

Post #115537 Tue Jun 12 2007 2:54pm
Evolved

Very Annoyed wrote:
Forgot to say but I would have thought ALL warranty work should be free. I would also include a duff battery in that depending on the age of the car.

It still has lots of warranty left which I would think should be honored anywhere. I'll email and when I get a response I'll post it up RRS S/C...privacy glass,side steps and sunroof

Post #115538 Tue Jun 12 2007 2:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12