Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Rear Parking Sensors & Wipers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

KenD

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zambezi Silver
Rear Parking Sensors & Wipers

Hi All,

Had the RRS for 8 weeks from new now and put 2.5K on the clock, still enjoying every minute of driving it, but there is a downside.

Have a problem with the rear parking sensors. They seem to work OK in cold weather, but stay on permanently when reverse is engaged if the weather is warm.

Also, have a problem with noisy wipers, the driver’s side wiper chatters and make a loud click when changing direction. I’ve already had them replaced recently, but to no avail. By the way, both wipers that were replaced were the updated version as per D3 forum.

Took it to the dealers last week to have both problems fixed. They kept it for two days and told me that they had found and replaced a faulty sensor and had fixed the wipers. NO SUCH LUCK, still the same. Got to take it back again.

Has any one else had or is having the same problems, and what is the remedy, are there any tweaks I can do to the wipers? I suppose as a last resort I could move to a colder climate and us RainX on the windscreen.

Nearly forgot, had a bit of bad luck a few days ago and got a puncture. A 6” long ½” dia steel tube went straight through the tread of the almost new tyre. The hole was just too big to be repaired so had to get a new one, also the speeds I drive I couldn’t take the risk of a border line repair.

Post #108582 Sun May 13 2007 11:17pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I had both "arms" for the wipers replaced as well - plus the latest blades. It is quieter - but I still get the odd Judder from the passenger wiper too Confused Must admit that the best remedy is to apply rainex to your screen and also , it may be worth trying another set of blades for what it's worth.

Good luck Thumbs Up 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #108611 Mon May 14 2007 10:38am
woody

England 

I had my wiper blades replaced under warranty at Gatwick LR (After a day of negotiations and a mention of this site!) and i have to say, not had a squeak since. I made a note of the new part number of the harder compound which have been previously posted on here. 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #108614 Mon May 14 2007 12:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KenD

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Zambezi Silver

Got really p***ed off with the wipers today and decided to pop in to the dealers. They were very apologetic as usual and immediately replaced the wiper arm & blade on the driver’s side and replaced the blade on the other. So far the clicking has gone, but still have an occasional chatter on the passenger side. I’m going to put some Rainx on the screen when we have some dry weather and see if I can get 100% quite wipers.

The parking sensors seem to be behaving themselves today as it wasn’t to hot.

Post #108625 Mon May 14 2007 5:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1