RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Ebay - Damaged Supercharged Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

rrsjo wrote:
Finally I am under the impression that the RRS HAS been crash tested and has a 4 star rating for the vehicle and 1 star for pedestrian safety.

Not according to NCAP. The FFRR is 4-star rated and 1-star for pedestrian, but not the RRS as far as I'm aware. The D3 shares these figures, so it would be reasonable to assume the RRS would have similar I suppose. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #105483 Fri Apr 27 2007 12:12pm
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

shmoogle wrote:
rrsjo wrote:
Finally I am under the impression that the RRS HAS been crash tested and has a 4 star rating for the vehicle and 1 star for pedestrian safety.

Not according to NCAP. The FFRR is 4-star rated and 1-star for pedestrian, but not the RRS as far as I'm aware. The D3 shares these figures, so it would be reasonable to assume the RRS would have similar I suppose.

Lots of confusion out there, many sites quoting no figures but http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/fu...on_id=3701 quotes n/a for the vehicle and 2-star for the pedestrian rating.

The EuroNCAP site http://www.euroncap.com/content/safety_ratings/ratings.php?id1=9 here has the ratings for "large offroaders", RRS isn't there but then neither is the Cayenne. Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #105500 Fri Apr 27 2007 12:40pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Whatever.............

Better space to be in compared to a Prius Whistle 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #105501 Fri Apr 27 2007 12:44pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Take a look at this BMW X5 Shocked

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #105505 Fri Apr 27 2007 12:49pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I stand corrected - only the FFRR and D3 tested. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #105507 Fri Apr 27 2007 12:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The 2 vertical indents are very similar to the damage that I saw inflicted on 2 Aston Martins by some Liverpool Dockers having "fun" with a large fork lift truck way back in 1976 - one of the Astons appeared to have been hit with the forks lifted above the bodywork but the 2nd had been hit side on with the forks lowered so they pierced to doors and ripped the interior to pieces - both cars had been destined for a wealthy gentleman out in Dubai. Those were the days when the whole UK docks system ground to a halt for a month over the Liverpool wharvies going on strike for "embarrassment money" for handling crated up toilet bowls!!!!
In was in the same voyage that I drove my 1st ever Rangie. The very first export RR's went out to the Gulf with rooftop aircon units as aircon wasn't even an option in those days!, 2 of the 6 came out at the Dubai end as open tops........................................ nobody in the shipping dept at LR had declared the additional height of the extra AC units and when we opened the hydraulic tween deck there was an awful graunching noise and when the pontoons were fully open we found the result was 2 open top RR's (Wood and Pickett would have been proud of the tidy job we did too!), 3 now minus the roof top ac units and only 1 made it unscathed to the Dubai importer! Took me 27 years to realise my ambition, and a lot of saving!

So I wonder if the damage to the S/C has been done in transit at the docks - which also account for it not appearing on any UK motoring insurance databases - it would have been a "marine" claim for cargo damage. I wouldn't want to touch it with a barge pole........................ more like a crusher is where it should go 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Apr 28 2007 8:38am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #105586 Sat Apr 28 2007 12:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ivery819

Tim
Agreed
There are many signs that this damage happened whilst the vehicle itself was stationary.
eg. There is little sign of any "bounce" damage i.e. hit and drag scratches.
The rims and tyres look remarkably good for having slid sideways at high speed......and so on

It would be interesting to know what happened.

Post #105591 Sat Apr 28 2007 2:46am
landroverstormer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I know it's not conclusive, but the Sport is in park and all the dials are at zero when there could have been a chance of them being damaged in the impact and staying in the position they were at due to the binacle being squashed slightly?

I don't think it's a new car waiting to go off from the docks as it has lamp guards which are dealer fit and it's got quite a lot of road grime on it.

Perhaps someone should enquire, HPI it and post the chassis number on here so that none of us end up buying it in the future!! Whistle

I'm happy to HPI it is someone wants to PM me the reg number? TDV8 HSE in Java/Ebony with Zebrano Wood, RSE, Hybrid TV, and a few other bells and whistles.

Discovery 1 V8i Auto (The Off Road Toy)

Post #105636 Sat Apr 28 2007 12:24pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

landroverstormer wrote:
I know it's not conclusive, but the Sport is in park and all the dials are at zero when there could have been a chance of them being damaged in the impact and staying in the position they were at due to the binacle being squashed slightly?

I don't think it's a new car waiting to go off from the docks as it has lamp guards which are dealer fit and it's got quite a lot of road grime on it.

Perhaps someone should enquire, HPI it and post the chassis number on here so that none of us end up buying it in the future!! Whistle

I'm happy to HPI it is someone wants to PM me the reg number?

I emailled the seller and ask what happened to the car and if anyone was injured. The seller promptly replied suggesting that I should call him. I'd rather not although I really wish the car wasn't for sale.

Another scenario may be that the owner was drink driving and therefore didn't declare the crash. (Couldn't claim anyway / protects himself from a ban and mega insurance premiums going forward?!?)..... 2022 P440e AB

Post #105671 Sat Apr 28 2007 6:32pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

rrsjo wrote:
Very Annoyed wrote:
This car is being talked about on D3 and one member quotes-

Quote:
This is very spooky, an identical vehicle was involved in a fatal RTC on the M5 last autumn in which the female driver was killed. I can't imagine that this is the same vehicle as an insurer would mark it as Cat A but then they are saying that it's not recorded. I'll have a check.

I would imagine that the D3 would have performed better for the following reasons:-
1) A very sizeable steel chassis rail running along the side
2) Higher seating position
3) More survival space

It's interesting to see that RRS sport has never been put forward for crash testing but in the few collisions I have been to where one is involved they haven't performed as well as you might think. Certainly not as well as the D3's.

Not nice!

My opinion, and as I always seem to get into trouble for offering my opinion, I repeat, it is only my opinion, I think the D3 owner has no idea what he is talking about.

For one thing he does not seem to be aware that the RRS is built on a D3 shortened chassis. I don't imagine the seats are any lower in the RRS and I can't see that a sloping centre consul is going to restrict the survival place either.

I work on both models and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a D3 chassis and a RRSport chassis if they were put next to each other. They look identical to me, so the idea that a Disco would have faired better in this type of incident is plain stupid. Both vehicles have "very sizeable steel chassis rails"

The photographs clearly show that the airbags have deployed in the collision. I was under the impression that the airbag system is only armed whilst the keys are in the ignition. So this goes against any ideas that this damage was caused during some kind of shipping/transportation exercise.

During every models development there are a number of vehicles, both D3 and RRSport built purely for crash testing. I don't know why there is no NCAP information available for the RRS, but I can assure you all that it has been fully crash tested. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #105674 Sat Apr 28 2007 7:12pm
woody

England 

My biggest concern with this is that some poor Java black supercharged RRS owner is about to get their car stolen and take the identity of this damaged one. There is no way anybody would pay 16k for the damaged car then re build it using genuine parts from LR and there isn't enough salvage RRS's around to do it any cheaper. It would end up costing more than buying one second hand.
Hope i'm wrong, but i'm well aware this is what goes on regularly with high value/unrecorded salvage. 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #105728 Sun Apr 29 2007 9:02am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

woody wrote:
My biggest concern with this is that some poor Java black supercharged RRS owner is about to get their car stolen and take the identity of this damaged one. There is no way anybody would pay 16k for the damaged car then re build it using genuine parts from LR and there isn't enough salvage RRS's around to do it any cheaper. It would end up costing more than buying one second hand.
Hope i'm wrong, but i'm well aware this is what goes on regularly with high value/unrecorded salvage.

Hope you are wrong too. Makes sense though (and I have a java sc Shocked )

Suppose there is no law stopping the sale of an unroadworthy/massively damaged vehicles? If there isn't, why do insurers bother with Cat A scraping and not just sell like this guy did. (Maybe the threat of a theft and then cloning etc?) 2022 P440e AB

Post #105744 Sun Apr 29 2007 11:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12