RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > OK, then which one of you was it.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

cfcdoc

will_wonka wrote:
Might as well be the 1st to get in on this one..................

Yes, I did drive the Cayenne an NO, I could not get past the looks!!! Big Cry Big Cry Only a one eyed sailor could, surely? Whistle

The Toureag, I mean, Cayenne, is actually an okay car, performance wise it is quicker than the RRS SC out of the box, but (for me) it was all about overall package (as the girls say Whistle ). Where the Cayenne failed and I use that in the loosest sense, was interior (very bland) and obviously the nosejob (hideous, even with the refresh).

It felt sharp in the cornering, but so does the RRS. Performance wise, it did not feel any quicker than the SC, even though on paper it most obviously is!! The main killer for me, was the price uplift in price required for what I deemed an equal car (again perfomance wise) - the uplift was about £23k at the time......well above even the FFRR Autobiography basic package....which could not be justified EVER and I mean EVER!! Mr. Green

Even if you did tune it for 600 horses, people would still vomit as you passed them Whistle Big Cry Thumbs Up

I opted for the RRS SC HST, which if you scan the forums here, will see that it is not the favoured model, mainly due to its packaged bodykit looks....I on the other hand disagree and think it makes the SC gain a more masculine look (wait for the comments). Whistle Land Rover temporarily stopped factory production of this model, but THANKFULLY have now restarted... Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down , hence me awaiting the new 5.0l SC, which will also be in the HST variant. Thumbs Up

totally agree re the looks, totally but a 0-60 time of 5.2s, i suppose I have to drive both to find out but the rangie`s looks, especially arden kitted Bow down

I have driven the s/c, not obviously the same as a turbo`d motor but the whine was quality Thumbs Up

Post #152348 Tue Jan 22 2008 1:30am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Yep, for me the whine is heaven everytime she is opened up! Rolling with laughter Wink L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #152349 Tue Jan 22 2008 1:39am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Ah, HST vs Cayenne.... which would win the ugly competition? Difficult Confused

Personally, I have a lot of respect for the Cayenne. I think it's a great car, and it even has some competent offroad capability. But always fugly..... fugly fugly fugly. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #152364 Tue Jan 22 2008 10:10am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

cfcdoc wrote:
IS there any reason on this earth why that scale for mpg has a top end of 50 Rolling with laughter

Yeah a lot of the time i'm off out in it in a bit i'll get you a pic of it when it hit's 50 MPG Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #152406 Tue Jan 22 2008 1:34pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
It's not all that difficult to find cars (even diesels Laughing ) that leave the SC in the weeds... now, if only the SC didn't weigh nearly 3 tons! Wink

I rest my case Whistle

Ps. I was talkng to my service technician at Listers last weekend - he has a customer with a 3.0tdi that is producing 300bhp ...... goes like the clappers and still gets great mpg Shocked needless to say, I will be investigating this more of course Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #152472 Wed Jan 23 2008 11:10am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Maybe even more than that? The DMS upgrade for the 535d brings nearly 350 horses to the table from the standard 280-odd. Who needs petrol anyway? Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #152480 Wed Jan 23 2008 12:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123