RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > OK, then which one of you was it.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I'm still not sure if 300bhp is standard on a Celica? Confused RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #152156 Sat Jan 19 2008 1:52pm
mambo

The rally cars back then were limited to 300BHP - it's not really 'standard' seeing as it is rally homologated.

I would expect it to be faster to 60 than 5.2s though...

Post #152157 Sat Jan 19 2008 2:59pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 
Re: OK, then which one of you was it.

cfcdoc wrote:
Was taking a friends celica home, travelling between basingstoke and reading on the A31(i think). You were driving a rimini red supercharged and I was driving a black toyota celica, you turned right just after sherfield. I dont really need to say what both of us were doing but which one of you was it.I noticed the website sticker. Youve got a nice rangie.It must have been about 2weeks ago on a saturday. P.S I could have overtaken you Very Happy

Ok, hands up...it was me!

[quote="cfcdoc"] P.S I could have overtaken you

I was in 'rock mode' and only using 100 of the 400 horses, so NO you couldn't!! Whistle That road, in the right conditions is great with all those twisty little corners. I almost carried on to see you off on the Dual carriageway Whistle .......alas I was late and was due to collect some horses, albeit NOT in the Rangie!

Twas good harmless fun! Maybe see you there again......next time, I will unleash the beast (fnar, fnar).....no George Michael pun intended.

PS - The road is the A33 L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #152167 Sat Jan 19 2008 11:08pm
JayMann

SC hasn't got 400 BH has it??

390 right?

Wink RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #152172 Sat Jan 19 2008 11:50pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

I think I have more than 400.....I have been Torq tuned!! Laughing

10 - Answers on a post card please. Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #152198 Sun Jan 20 2008 6:26pm
JayMann

will_wonka wrote:

And about 10mpg like me?? Very Happy

RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #152199 Sun Jan 20 2008 6:34pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Laughing Yep, how did you guess!!! Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #152200 Sun Jan 20 2008 6:36pm
JayMann

Had a SC in my drive the other day was reading 12mpg just sat there Laughing

Have managed to get the SL down to about 6 Laughing Big Cry Laughing Big Cry RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #152202 Sun Jan 20 2008 6:46pm
cfcdoc

Re: OK, then which one of you was it.

[quote="will_wonka"]

cfcdoc wrote:
Was taking a friends celica home, travelling between basingstoke and reading on the A31(i think). You were driving a rimini red supercharged and I was driving a black toyota celica, you turned right just after sherfield. I dont really need to say what both of us were doing but which one of you was it.I noticed the website sticker. Youve got a nice rangie.It must have been about 2weeks ago on a saturday. P.S I could have overtaken you Very Happy

Ok, hands up...it was me!

cfcdoc wrote:
P.S I could have overtaken you

I was in 'rock mode' and only using 100 of the 400 horses, so NO you couldn't!! Whistle That road, in the right conditions is great with all those twisty little corners. I almost carried on to see you off on the Dual carriageway Whistle .......alas I was late and was due to collect some horses, albeit NOT in the Rangie!

Twas good harmless fun! Maybe see you there again......next time, I will unleash the beast (fnar, fnar).....no George Michael pun intended.

PS - The road is the A33

Yep I remember you well, lovely colour, rimini red methinks. As for that dual carriageway, if its the one taking you upto J11 then I would love to have seen you try and keep up Rolling with laughter

Fair play to your motor though, very little body roll and you certainly took me by surprise when the lights went green but as you say all harmless fun Thumbs Up

The only problem was it wasnt my car and therefore I really didnt want to stretch the engines legs as i had to drop it off in Bray and didnt want to run the petrol down, it really does guzzle at full throttle Big Cry

Post #152333 Tue Jan 22 2008 12:12am
cfcdoc

JayMann wrote:
will_wonka wrote:

IS there any reason on this earth why that scale for mpg has a top end of 50 Rolling with laughter

Post #152334 Tue Jan 22 2008 12:15am
cfcdoc

just out of interest what does your torq tuned average for its mpg as i`m currently running a single turbo supra. The pecuniary costs arent really a concern its just the hassle of parking up on a windy forecourt AGAIN to fill her up. Whats your average range. Still looking to find that arden kitted vesuvius orange myself.

Post #152335 Tue Jan 22 2008 12:20am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

cfcdoc wrote:
just out of interest what does your torq tuned average for its mpg as i`m currently running a single turbo supra. The pecuniary costs arent really a concern its just the hassle of parking up on a windy forecourt AGAIN to fill her up. Whats your average range. Still looking to find that arden kitted vesuvius orange myself.

Hmmm, Mpg was supposed to improve (unbelievably!!) but in real terms (god, I should have been a politician) Whistle , it has dropped a little. Stats as follows:

Before the TT remap - avg was about 15.4mpg
After the TT remap - avg is now 14.1mpg

The main benefit (for me) of having the tune was not mpg, but simply to sample some more power from that monster engine. There is definately some more mid range grunt and some helpers in the 0-60 bracket, but naturally mpg suffers BIG time. If I choose to hoof, which I do reguarly, I get anything between 6 and 10 mpg dependant on the ferocity and weight of pushing the plunger attached to my right foot! Big Cry

All in all though, a great tune for the SC engine. Only 7 months and counting before the 5.0litre SC arrives!! Bow down Bow down Come to papa Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #152340 Tue Jan 22 2008 12:48am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

cfcdoc wrote:
JayMann wrote:
will_wonka wrote:

IS there any reason on this earth why that scale for mpg has a top end of 50 Rolling with laughter

Only to serve the green brigade.....otherwise, useless! Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #152341 Tue Jan 22 2008 12:50am
cfcdoc

will_wonka wrote:
cfcdoc wrote:

Hmmm, Mpg was supposed to improve (unbelievably!!) but in real terms (god, I should have been a politician) Whistle , it has dropped a little. Stats as follows:

Before the TT remap - avg was about 15.4mpg
After the TT remap - avg is now 14.1mpg

The main benefit (for me) of having the tune was not mpg, but simply to sample some more power from that monster engine. There is definately some more mid range grunt and some helpers in the 0-60 bracket, but naturally mpg suffers BIG time. If I choose to hoof, which I do reguarly, I get anything between 6 and 10 mpg dependant on the ferocity and weight of pushing the plunger attached to my right foot! Big Cry

All in all though, a great tune for the SC engine. Only 7 months and counting before the 5.0litre SC arrives!! Bow down Bow down Come to papa Thumbs Up

Doesnt sound as bad as i expected to be honest. A quick question which may sound like heresy on this board but did you consider a cayenne turbo. Ive seen some techart and gemballa modified cayennes that regularly push upwards of 600 horses Bow down but those looks, those damn looks Big Cry

Did you drive a Cayenne turbo before buying? Just wanted to know how the two compared and whether that extra power really is worth putting up with those looks Big Cry

Post #152344 Tue Jan 22 2008 12:59am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Might as well be the 1st to get in on this one..................

Yes, I did drive the Cayenne an NO, I could not get past the looks!!! Big Cry Big Cry Only a one eyed sailor could, surely? Whistle

The Toureag, I mean, Cayenne, is actually an okay car, performance wise it is quicker than the RRS SC out of the box, but (for me) it was all about overall package (as the girls say Whistle ). Where the Cayenne failed and I use that in the loosest sense, was interior (very bland) and obviously the nosejob (hideous, even with the refresh).

It felt sharp in the cornering, but so does the RRS. Performance wise, it did not feel any quicker than the SC, even though on paper it most obviously is!! The main killer for me, was the price uplift in price required for what I deemed an equal car (again perfomance wise) - the uplift was about £23k at the time......well above even the FFRR Autobiography basic package....which could not be justified EVER and I mean EVER!! Mr. Green

Even if you did tune it for 600 horses, people would still vomit as you passed them Whistle Big Cry Thumbs Up

I opted for the RRS SC HST, which if you scan the forums here, will see that it is not the favoured model, mainly due to its packaged bodykit looks....I on the other hand disagree and think it makes the SC gain a more masculine look (wait for the comments). Whistle Land Rover temporarily stopped factory production of this model, but THANKFULLY have now restarted... Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down , hence me awaiting the new 5.0l SC, which will also be in the HST variant. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #152347 Tue Jan 22 2008 1:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>