RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > SPEEDING mobile camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>

MDP

United Kingdom 

I telephoned these today http://www.motoringlawyers.com/home.asp and spoke to Hillary ( as per Home page/contact ) I was told of their very high success rate 90 odd % but at a cost of £1700 Shocked She too thought best accept the offence, 3 points and fine Sad but will still send out to me their initial letter.

Think I will give these a call tomorrow www.motordefenceteam.co.uk as recc. by TC

Thanks for all your concern.

I'm just pee'd off that after 20+ years of clean licence they are making me feel like a criminal/scum for allegedly doing 37mph in a 30 zone Embarassed

I dont actually believe I was doing 37, but was doing more than 30 because I braked when I saw the mobile van - looked at my speed and was then doing 30....... so, for how long had they tracked me and at what speed, I have been sent 2 frames/shots/pictures of the car. How many frames/shots/pictures do they need to say they have sufficient evidence.ie video evidence that I was committing the offence over a set length/distance?

Every one I have spoken to says they will not challenge the speed, but would & do get motorists off due to technicalities?

Ok if I was doing in excess of 30mph - by how much - i'm sorry - its my first offence in 20+ years - no caution - not even the option of attending the speed awareness course? Why some and not others ? what are the guidelines for this? is it indiscriminate?

I feel like doing 99mph next time - thats SPEEDING - then I could understand being prosecuted under CRIMINAL LAW for such an offence Twisted Evil

Will I get sent to Australia if found guilty. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #9007 Thu Dec 29 2005 6:49pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Martin - It's shame to get that first speeding fine after 20 years, I feel for you. There for the grace of god go I - no ticket in 23 years.

In these circumstances it's one of those instances when you have to swallow hard and take it on the chin, but it pi***s you off. Confused 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9008 Thu Dec 29 2005 6:55pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

I beleive some forces prosecute at 32 in a 30. The only device which could give a false reading is Muniquip which is hand held at roadside and the signal spreads like a funnel. Therefore it can pick up other cars beside and behind.
Laser is done from a van and is a dot put on the front of your car. They often site it around a bend and as soon as you appear they have got you before your brain has engaged.
The danger of contesting is that you could be trapped by the NIP. There is a time limit! If you fail to name the driver they will prosecute you for failing to name. They could also do you for the speeding offence as well.
Also the ticket is 3 points and a small fine. if a Court finds you guilty they can reward! you for wasting there time by giving you 6 points and a means tested fine! So you could come off worse - the decision is yours.Thats why most solicitors will advise take it on the chin.
Some people name their wives as the driver even if they weren't. As they are less likely to speed they won't accumulate any more points and the insurance won't be affected.
Its a tough call!

I saw that someone quoted the ex cop about illegal speed road signs. All speed signs no matter what background they appear on are legal as long as they are in the normal formatt. The man is talking rubbish!
Occasionally with double yellow lines they forget to put the end line on, which makes them uninforceable. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #9065 Fri Dec 30 2005 12:19pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

My dad got his NIP through, with no evidence and no URL to the photo evidence. We wrote them a letter back asking for the evidence so we could ascertain who was driving the vehicle and to check the vehicle was in fact ours before naming the driver, but so far no response whatsoever.. the deadline for the NIP is coming up, so what do you reckon, hold fire til they respond or just send in the NIP? So you get prosecuted for failing to respond or failing to send back the NIP filled out?

As we have responded, but not sent the NIP back yet.

Post #9066 Fri Dec 30 2005 12:25pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

If only I hadnt washed the car....... the front numberplate would have been obscured ! 

Post #9067 Fri Dec 30 2005 12:27pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

There's a guy I know who refuses to clean his car for the very reason that the number plate gets obscured. It is illegal to deliberately obscure your number plate but it's one of those offences that will never ever be punishable. Even if you get stopped by Plod and he makes a point of it, all you have to do is say you'll get it cleaned up. Anyway, all of this doens't help you MDP! Rolling Eyes

Obviously, a large number of fines & endorsements occur because drivers just don't want the hassle of contesting. I'd look at it this way - you have a clean license and 3 points probably isn't going to affect your future insurance premiums that much (they never have done with me). In your case, aside from the annoyance of it all and the £60 hit to your wallet, do you really think the principle of it is worth following through? If it was me on the other hand, I would be looking at contesting because it would take me to 9 points and people start to look at you very dimly then... Pi**er though, I feel for you mate. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9070 Fri Dec 30 2005 1:23pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Kam, they don't have to respond to your letter, but I'm afraid You do have to respond to the NIP as failure will take you to Court. Thats why there are strict time limits on the NIP not only for them, but also us. How about a relative who has a licence but doesn't drive. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #9073 Fri Dec 30 2005 1:39pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

my 6 points in one week in Scotland was at least pushing on a bit, both times I was a smidgeon under the big 100mph mark, so at least I had a good go! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #9086 Fri Dec 30 2005 3:27pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

yeah my first set were 57 in a 30 so nearly gone.. or so the copper holding the laser said..

second set = overtaking my friend who is a girl, and thinks she can drive in her tigra, and embarrasing her all the way home but smile soon went off my face when i got my NIP through, 54 in a 30, damn covert hidden camera.

third set in my 330d, my friend helped me move back from swindon, promised not to leave him behind in his rover 25, coming north on the a419, i was slowing down waiting for him, and bang, we both got done by a scamera van, funny thing was, he got clocked quicker then me! i got 89 and he got 93..

would be well annoyed if i got done doing 32 or something silly like that..
been pulled over once so far in my RRS, and the policeman said quote
"you were wellying it a bit!?" but numberplate check and a pleasant warning and he let me off..

Post #9090 Fri Dec 30 2005 3:42pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

I remember growing up in the UK how much fun it was to drive there. Able to truly enjoy the vehicle without fear of a 'revenue enhancement' camera, etc. every few miles. I realize that the quantity of vehicles has made it difficult in recent years in the UK, but the plethora of Gatsos, etc., are nothing more than another way for the government to gouge the driver again. I have NO issue with true police traffic enforcement; i.e. police travelling the highways looking for unsafe, drunk drivers in unsafe cars, without insurance etc., but a Gatso every 200 yards on the M25 with differing speeds is ludicrous. I notice drivers speeding between Gatso sites, and then slamming on the brakes to maintain the 'legal' limit as they drive past the camera. This is more unsafe than individuals driving at 80-90 mph in a steady state condition, all travelling at approximately the same speed.
I feel for all of my British 'brothers' who enjoy driving state of the art, safe vehicles in a controlled but exciting fashion, whose enjoyment is tempered by the fear of a 'safety' van up the road. I encourage all of you to use whatever 'electronic' means necessary to protect yourselves as much as possible from this overbearing form of law enforcement. Radar detectors; Road Angels, etc.; Laser jammers like the Blinder or Lidatek systems, (yes they do work), and simple things like driving with your headlights on can decrease your chance of falling prey to these 'vultures' who care nothing for true safety, only looking for ways to increase revenue.
Sorry for the rant.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #9130 Fri Dec 30 2005 7:17pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Josh wrote:
Kam, they don't have to respond to your letter, but I'm afraid You do have to respond to the NIP as failure will take you to Court. Thats why there are strict time limits on the NIP not only for them, but also us. How about a relative who has a licence but doesn't drive.

Despite this advice, my father didn't respond to the NIP and on phoning the Police (after the deadline date) and getting put through to the relevant department, he spoke to someone who told him our letter had been received and the evidence was being processed to be sent out to us, they have a major backlog right now so the ticket date has been suspended til 25th Jan.

Still hoping they may have lost the evidence so will drop the points.. is good for experimenting anyway.. will see what happens.

Post #10054 Wed Jan 11 2006 11:56am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I only recv'd 2 photos............. its is clear from those that they are of snap shots from a film/video as they disclose the frame number. So having asked for all the evidence in the first place ( which I am entitled to ) I wrote back pointing this out and asked to see all the video. The 2 photos sent were so dark - I also pointed out it was not clear from the photographic evidence who was driving? 

Post #10057 Wed Jan 11 2006 1:02pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
I also pointed out it was not clear from the photographic evidence who was driving?

But MDP we all know it's you and for a small consideration I promise not to tell! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #10064 Wed Jan 11 2006 1:32pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing £1 it is then Wink 

Post #10068 Wed Jan 11 2006 1:35pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing £1 it is then Wink

I was only thinking in the terms of pence but I'll take it. Shame you car was borrowed that day by someone you never met, don't know or ever likely to see again! Wink 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #10071 Wed Jan 11 2006 1:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>