RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Supercharged Sport racing Supercharged RR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Black Beast

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Supercharged Sport racing Supercharged RR

So I was heading back from the city last night about 2 AM with a friend on the empty highway; and there I saw a white Supercharged full size RR. You could tell from the guy that he had just picked up the truck. He had a big smile on his face and kept pointing to me to race. I would usually never do such a thing, but couldnt resisit. We started going back and forth and at one point realized we were going over 100....After about 5 minutes, I can proudly say, "Black Beast" won! Im assuming it was partly to do with my truck weighing less and part due to his skills. Laughing 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #6893 Sun Dec 04 2005 3:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sorry to disillusion you but your "truck" weighs 0.25t MORE than the big RR! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6894 Sun Dec 04 2005 4:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Re: Supercharged Sport racing Supercharged RR

Black Beast wrote:
So I was heading back from the city last night about 2 AM with a friend on the empty highway; and there I saw a white Supercharged full size RR. You could tell from the guy that he had just picked up the truck. He had a big smile on his face and kept pointing to me to race. I would usually never do such a thing, but couldnt resisit. We started going back and forth and at one point realized we were going over 100....After about 5 minutes, I can proudly say, "Black Beast" won! Im assuming it was partly to do with my truck weighing less and part due to his skills. Laughing

Must be your skill! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6896 Sun Dec 04 2005 6:23pm
Tim in Scotland

At least you had some fun doing it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #6899 Sun Dec 04 2005 6:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr G in NYC

United States 

What fuel econ did ya get at over 100mph ?!!
I used to drive down to Milan X 4 times a year
for trade shows and used to take my Classic RR
3,9 lt....usually would take 2 days to get there
at a leisurely 80+ mph and 2 stops for gas.....
however once on the way back to London I decided
to let it rip for the whole journey at 105+mph the
whole way back !!!! Stopped 3 times for gas and it
took 16 + hours from Milan to Chiswick !! Crazy.......
Love that drive at 2 in the morning with clear skies!!!!

Post #6909 Sun Dec 04 2005 11:33pm
Black Beast

Sorry Mr. G but fuel economy wasnt my concern at the time 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #6919 Mon Dec 05 2005 1:14am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sorry to disillusion you but your "truck" weighs 0.25t MORE than the big RR!

Tim from the US LR website the fully blown RR supercharged does weigh more than the sport/supercharged if you compare the max curb weight.

RR = 2653kg Sport = 2572

But will concede total max weight is 3100 against 3125 in favour of RR

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles...Towing.htm

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles...Towing.htm

Wonder why that is Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6940 Mon Dec 05 2005 12:57pm
Tim in Scotland

Maybe LR have taken to fitting the danglely weights underneath the RR too now. Otherwise the 80kg difference is only the weoight of a wellfed passenger so maybe the RR had a stowaway in it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #6948 Mon Dec 05 2005 1:20pm
AC

I find it puzzling, surprising, and somewhat disappointing that the RRS weighs more than the big brother. How can this be? It's shorter in length and in height, narrower, and just overall smaller. So which one has the quicker 0-60 times per Land Rover? AC

Post #6963 Mon Dec 05 2005 4:36pm
djsaad1

the big rr has a better 0-60 time by about .1 or .2 seconds i beleive. but it also has 10 more horsepower then the rrs.

Post #6964 Mon Dec 05 2005 4:44pm
Tim in Scotland

The problem isn't the RRS, it it the underpinning Land Rover built it on... RRS is built on the exceptionally heavy subframe system of the Disco/LR3 and not on the Range Rover floor pan. It is interesting though that USA model RRS's are 80kg lighter than the S/C Rangie! Must be all the extras that are on the S/C Rangie that weighs it down! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #6966 Mon Dec 05 2005 5:03pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

djsaad1 wrote:
the big rr has a better 0-60 time by about .1 or .2 seconds i beleive. but it also has 10 more horsepower then the rrs.

7.1 for big RR and 7.2 for the Sport

strange, even though it loses out by 10bhp the sport does have a better cod.

Coefficient of drag 0.37 Cd for the sport as opposed to 0.39 for the RR Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #6971 Mon Dec 05 2005 5:42pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
It Happened to me too

Didn't get into a race but I was cruising down to the M40 near Gaydon (home of the LR) and noticed that a 4wd had come up alongside me, I glanced over (through my privacy glass! Cool ) and saw it was a Supercharged full fat coke snorting Range Rover.

We tailed each other to the motorway then split up, his was black on an 05 plate with privacy glass. I tell you what though, if I was paying £75K for one of those I'd insist on it not having such a girly exhaust, they are FAR WORSE than the pipes we get on the Sport, they look SO tiny! Halfords could do better!

I can't find a decent picture of them, but they look daft on such a big car...come on LR, make an effort! Shocked L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #7144 Tue Dec 06 2005 8:10pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

I rarely get into races with other RRS or RR owners, but i have had a few X5 drivers and a XC70 driver have a go in the past couple of months..
i think it came down to bottle and my willingness to take it a lot further that i have beat every SUV to date so far..
Not come across an SC or a Porsche Cayenne yet though, so may be eating them words soon enough. (i am good at only picking fights on cars i know i have a chance of beating). If i come across a 4.8is X5 i am confident it will eat my measly 2.7 TD for breakfast though!

There was a guy today in a Rover 75, clearly wanting to beat me off the lights to cut me up (he was in the wrong lane) so i gave it the all:

Left foot holding foot brake.
Right foot pushing gas slightly.
Gear leaver into sport, then one to ensure the best getaway.

Haven't done this for a while, and the result really astounded me,
as the lights went yellow on the other side, i pulled the revs up and loosened my push on the foot brake to create a slight roll, then woosh..
toasted him, and placed myself in middle of two lanes to make my point, and left him as a dot in my mirror.

And before any of you flame me, i am only 24, and Yes am still a bit of a boy racer at heart!

Post #7153 Tue Dec 06 2005 8:58pm
Tim in Scotland

You don't have to be a "young" fart to be a boy racer you know, us old farts having doing it for years and have more practise! Laughing
It's not what you've got, it's the way that you use it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #7155 Tue Dec 06 2005 9:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>