RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > R BRITISH CARS RELIABLE? HELP HELP HELP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wilko I've never taken my RRS to the same places as I take my Defender, it would have been a wreck by now like my Defender is! Going by the offroady stuff I've done with the RRS on road biased tyres and what I have seen D3's do then I reckon that when the RRS and D3 when they get to the age that you don't mind bashing them a bit will be way better than a Defender if you put sensible MTR or 100% rough terrain tyres on one. The electronics can do amazing things if you get them all set up right, and that takes a bit of getting used to when you are used to offroading without them................... it just doesn't feel right in the Freelander, D3,FFRR or RRS (I've owned all except a D3 and taken them offroad) to be burying you right foot in the carpet to give the electronics a chance when you are used to easing off the gas in the Defender to give grip a chance because there are no electronics to have to sense when a wheel is slipping! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #141741 Mon Oct 15 2007 5:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Having the right tyres ... and more especialy having a clue in what you are doing helps.... I had neither and the RRS is only a few hours old Embarassed

Click image to enlarge
 Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #141760 Mon Oct 15 2007 6:46pm
madeagle

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Had mine from new earlier this year. Not had any problems. Thumbs Up
Looking forward to trying it in some snow soon....
Actually preferred it during the summer over my Audi A4 cab I had previously.
Go supercharged if you can, much more fun.

Post #141779 Tue Oct 16 2007 12:35am
amegos

Saudi Arabia 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Re: R BRITISH CARS RELIABLE? HELP HELP HELP

reefguy wrote:
I love the look and drive of this new Range rover sport but I am unsure about how reliable and how
dependable these new range rover sports are? 2006 to 2008
SO many people I talk to say they SUCK or they are GARBAGE, British Car this, British Car that
so this makes me uneasy about buying or leasing a Range Rover SPORT.

HELP HELP HELP!

Can some of you Range Rover Sport owners give me the REAL story on this Car and your recommendations.

I am looking to get one used 2006 or 2007 and wanted to know your bad experiences if any thus far

thanks Rolling with laughter Big Cry Big Cry

from my exp. i have RRS S/C 05 & 07 it is a mice car but we have a bad dealer here Big Cry live your life ,, and give me Five

Post #141780 Tue Oct 16 2007 3:29am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

@Kaine: i have also 20's Cool SO WHAT !? Twisted Evil 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #141782 Tue Oct 16 2007 7:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BoatMad

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I'm on my third RR, First was a P38, absolutle disaster, after 70K miles everything had failed. Then got the new BMW FFRR. Had it to 110K miles, front diff failed, gearbox failed, turbo failed, steering wheel position motors failed, nice car though. Now I have the RRS TDV8, at 30K miles on eof the rear park sensors is dodgy.

Before the RR's had a Jeep grand cherokee , had 157K miles on it and it ran like the day I bought it. ( Though I know the diesel version was junk).

However the RR and RRS are still one of the niceest 4x4's around and for a tall guy like me, great space. ( which is why I didnt buy a new Jeep as the driver legroom was reduced).

PS Took me a long time to get the seat comfortable , at first I had a long of back issues.
PPS: To a previous poster the TDV8 on the 20" alloys is a good bit stiffer and the the ride is noiser and harsher. was driving a new disco recently and its much quiter then the RRS TDV8 (and a lot slower too)
dave RRS HSE TDV8 Java black/Ebony interior, mud flaps,20" stormers, towing, roofrack,sunroof,cooler V8 Tasmods Sills,black badges, carstyling java black vents
Previously FFRR TD6 Metallic Grey

Post #141830 Tue Oct 16 2007 1:29pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Boatmad

I see you had engine and gearbox failures on past LR's and I see your current TDV8 is chipped. Does this not give you concerns regarding your warranty on the TDV8 or do you have an understanding dealer? Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #141872 Tue Oct 16 2007 6:27pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

XXXAngelXXX wrote:
@Kaine: i have also 20's Cool SO WHAT !? Twisted Evil

but you have the privelage of decent roads Wink

Post #141878 Tue Oct 16 2007 7:55pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

good point but wrong.. since we finance East Germany - we are broke.... Big Cry 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #141891 Wed Oct 17 2007 7:12am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Angel it is only because your governnent is so good at giving away money to impoverished German Doctors and Dentists in the form of shipping investment tax breaks that I have a job...................... Basically my ship is a floating pension fund for a group of 9 Dentists from Hamburg. They aren't all bad because when they came to visit the ship in July 3 of them turned up in FF Rangies and one in a Bentley Continental, so giving them a tax break is also keeping TB in a job!. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #141896 Wed Oct 17 2007 8:41am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry i want also a Bentley now..... 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #141947 Wed Oct 17 2007 3:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12