RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Like a slipping clutch...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

V Sorry Endjin I aint been on here since friday just saw your prob.
If you park it leaning backwards the oil is slower to get sucked up by the oil pump so that could be it. The mapping program has different curves for cold and hot on both engine and transmission so it should feel very slightly different. If it has an actual slip it should be picked up and reported by the trouble codes because the transmission ECU monitors the shift point. It measures the time from when the one clutch is disengaged and the next one is engaged. I think from memory it is 5 MS- -5 Milliseconds- (5 thousands of a second). If the complete shift process takes longer than this it reports a mechanical and pressure fault and tells you it has detected the slip. It may just be low on fluid, or it may have too much in it which would also cause this.

Good luck with it. Wink You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #125700 Sun Jul 15 2007 5:43pm
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Got my car back from the dealer, no problem found. As it has been said here is probably just a feeling caused by the fan noise and the different mapping between cold and warm engine.

Post #126154 Tue Jul 17 2007 7:26pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Zhats it Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #126349 Wed Jul 18 2007 10:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Endjin

Scotland 

Nutty Nige wrote:
V Sorry Endjin I aint been on here since friday just saw your prob.
If you park it leaning backwards the oil is slower to get sucked up by the oil pump so that could be it. The mapping program has different curves for cold and hot on both engine and transmission so it should feel very slightly different. If it has an actual slip it should be picked up and reported by the trouble codes because the transmission ECU monitors the shift point. It measures the time from when the one clutch is disengaged and the next one is engaged. I think from memory it is 5 MS- -5 Milliseconds- (5 thousands of a second). If the complete shift process takes longer than this it reports a mechanical and pressure fault and tells you it has detected the slip. It may just be low on fluid, or it may have too much in it which would also cause this.

Good luck with it. Wink

Thanks Nige - That is VERY INTERESTING, My Driveway is on a slope and the car is very much at an angle with the front up and the rear down! Hehe - Wish I'd seen your post before dropping the car off at the dealer at 3pm today - DOH!! Thud AH-Well, it will be interesting to see if they come up with a NFF or actually suggest what you have Question If they don't I'll mention it to them. It's not such a bummer anyhoo cause they are also fixing a "HOLE" in the paint - Yep an actual bloody HOLE! It goes right down to the primer and is smooth edged all the way round so it's not a chip - Looks like maybe an air bubble that then burst during drying - LR Quality Control Whistle Hmmmm Question Question Also getting Mud Flaps fitted All round Smile Worst thing about the whole deal is that they are 90 miles away and they have given me a bog basic 56 plate Old Style Freelander TD4 - It's HORRIBLE Confused Big Cry

I'll post back the results when I get the car back - Hopefully Soon Crying or Very sad 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #126423 Wed Jul 18 2007 5:49pm
Nutty Nige

Thats your answer
Turn the car around so that the nose is down hill when you park up, and it will cure it.
The trouble with ZF is they keep moving the pick-up pipe. I have the same slope on my drive and get the same effect.
I also have the same fault with the paint. Big Cry You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
Audi TT

Post #126566 Thu Jul 19 2007 8:24am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

For all of LR's faults, at least their consistent Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #126572 Thu Jul 19 2007 8:55am
Nutty Nige

shmoogle wrote:
For all of LR's faults, at least their consistent Wink

Never a truer word said S
Go back to 1995 when the P38 was introduced and we were changing Air Suspension Compressors like they were going out of fashion becuase they constantly failed, and up until the P38 died in 2001 the problem was always there.

Yes you guessed it my RRS Compresor died last night and I take for ever to get to normal height and can't get to off-road height - you would think Envoy was sitting in the back Whistle Whistle You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

Audi TT

Post #126586 Thu Jul 19 2007 9:24am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up 

Post #126588 Thu Jul 19 2007 9:50am
Lateral5

Australia 

Endjin wrote:
.........B Censored dy annoying though - only 4 weeks old and already going back to the Garage - Not what you expect after spending £47k + on a car!! Shocked

Gee, where have I heard that before.....? Wink RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #126591 Thu Jul 19 2007 9:56am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Endjin

Scotland 

Nutty Nige wrote:
Thats your answer
Turn the car around so that the nose is down hill when you park up, and it will cure it.
The trouble with ZF is they keep moving the pick-up pipe. I have the same slope on my drive and get the same effect.
I also have the same fault with the paint. Big Cry

Yep, Thanks Nige - At least the reverse park sensors will now get some use! Laughing Oh - blimey, hope they are reliable Confused Otherwise the Garage door better watch out Shocked 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

Post #126593 Thu Jul 19 2007 9:58am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

My sensors fail to engage about 10% of the time. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #126611 Thu Jul 19 2007 11:24am
Endjin

Scotland 

Very Annoyed wrote:
My sensors fail to engage about 10% of the time.

Sad Thud 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #126612 Thu Jul 19 2007 11:32am
Nutty Nige

Very Annoyed wrote:
My sensors fail to engage about 10% of the time.

Goodness there is a surprise - another quality inferior part fitted on an RRS. That must make it around 95% of the parts they use to build them Rolling with laughter

Mind you BMW have had their share of problems with parking sensors. Evil or Very Mad You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

Audi TT

Post #126655 Thu Jul 19 2007 1:17pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Yep, my fronts always play up. You end up creeping towards something until you hear the thud, and then when you go to reverse back they start beeping like mad. The words "horse" and "stable door" come to mind Rolling Eyes 

Post #126658 Thu Jul 19 2007 1:32pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Raises an interesting legal issue though! If LR fit them to the car and they are sold as an aid to parking and you hit something because they don't activate, resulting in damage to your car or a 3rd parties property, who is to blame? Especially if your car is still under warranty. Surely the consumer rights act comes in to play under the "fit for purpose" criterea and you may have some claim against LR. This could mean the difference between a No Fault claim and an Own Fault Claim, therefore affecting your No Claims Bonus and future insurance premiums! 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #126672 Thu Jul 19 2007 2:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12