RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Welcome to RRSPORT.CO.UK - say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 380 <123 456 ... 378379380>

sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

HI RRS owners

I'm from UAE, Dubai which is obviously hot country ..nice desert for off-roading so if u wonna to test your RRS in the huge sand dunes..here is the right place
still I did not have the sport range rover though I like it
currently I'm having my jeep wrangler which is my off-roader
I like off-road trips and I love the terrain response system in the new RRS

Post #1224 Wed Jul 27 2005 8:37am
Quasimoto

United States 

Quote:
Hope the car is everything you wanted, Youre right about the harmon kardon system I think the extra for the logic seven was a good buy,

As you probably know, us Yanks don't get a choice -- all the North America vehicles get the HK system. Actually would be interested in hearing the "base" set-up available elsewhere as a point of comparison. -QM

Post #1258 Thu Jul 28 2005 6:37pm
mnederlof

United States 
Hello all ... impressions from my first week

Hello all,

I picked up my Silver RRS SC (with rear-seat entertainment & sirius options) last Friday, immediately had to leave for a long weekend in New Hampshire Very Happy

700 miles later, highway, hills, windy roads, speed traps Mad (thank goodness for the Valentine 1 detector) I am thoroughly loving this, my 5th land rover ('02 Disco, '02 RR, '03 RR, '05 RR). While I really enjoy the full sized RR (mk III), and there's nothing like it in the full-sized SUV category, if you already have a full sized SUV, I'm not sure I could justify having two!

I've previously had various "driver's" cars, porsche 911, mercedes clk 55 amg, bmw 540i, and find that the SC RRS does a remarkable job of giving you that type of road feel and responsiveness in a medium SUV format.

I did test drive the non-SC RRS, and it's a fantastic ride, but when I drove the SC, it gave me such a thrill, I couldn't go back!

The car gets quite a lot of attention (it's been a while since I got flirtations from women on the highway...oh no, it's the CAR!) which is kinda nice (there are boatloads of Mk III big-brother RRs in our area). You can certainly peg the car-nuts...they're the ones that practically run off the road straining to get looks at the RRS from all angles as I pass them (usually) or they pass me!

My only complaints so far: the legibility of the speedometer (on sunny days, with or without sunglasses, you just can't easily read it: the red needle, with or without the lights switched on, is almost invisible against the black speedo background Sad ) and in many situations, sunlight washes out the nav system display. The slant of the display and the rake of the windshield put more light on it than on the larger RRs. Someone needs to develop a nice black plastic after-market sunshade to clip over the nav screen, something just large enough to shade, not so large as to mess up the dash aesthetics. My dealer is speaking with LR about exchanging the speedo needles or speedo to improve contrast--we'll see what they can do.

My LR dealer in Milford, CT, USA (yes, I know this is a UK forum) has been fantastic so far.

This forum has been a great help already--thanks everyone!

Maarten 2006 RRS SC
2006 RR HSE

Post #1272 Fri Jul 29 2005 12:35pm
Biggles

England 

mnederlof,
Welcome aboard,
UK or not views from RRS drivers are welcome. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1273 Fri Jul 29 2005 1:12pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Hi Maarten, welcome to the site Very Happy

As Biggles says, all RRS owners are welcome, from all over the globe. Despite the name we're not exclusively UK Smile Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #1274 Fri Jul 29 2005 1:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi Maarten,

Get some pics in for us all to see

Cheers

MDP 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1278 Fri Jul 29 2005 2:13pm
mnederlof

United States 
Pictures on the way

You're right...you'd think with all my adoration, I'd have taken some photos. I'll do it this weekend.

Cheers
Maarten 2006 RRS SC
2006 RR HSE

Post #1280 Fri Jul 29 2005 2:34pm
keith

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hello everyone,

I have been following the forum for a few weeks now. Really enjoying listening to you all finding out about your RRS's. I now know what to look out for and what questions to ask the dealer when I pick up my one hopefully mid September.

This will be my first LR although I have borrowed various RR's over the years from my sister. Really looking forward to driving something special again after 10 years of extremely competent but ultimately boring BMW's.

After the test drive it was a simple decision to confirm the order. Just had to decide on the colour. I still have some doubts though about the Buckingham Blue choice, especially having see pics of some of your cars. I think the Rimini Red looks stunning as does Tim's Giverny Green.

I nearly bought a full size RR a couple of years ago and Giverny Green would have been my choice for that.

While waiting for the car to arrive I seemed to have shared a lot of your experiences with the LR dealer, trying to get info etc but I must say the salesman I have been dealing with has been as helpful as he could be.

Where I live, in the North East of Scotland, I have so far only seen 3 out on the road - all black, all SC's but the local dealer now has a waiting list to get on the waiting list, especially for the TDV6.

I just saw some pics of Audi's Q7 4x4 at the following:

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/audiq7aug05/

On first viewing I think they have managed to make a car even uglier than the Cayenne but it will have a 4.2 V8 diesel with 320 odd hp. If that is the same engine as they put in the A8 then it should go pretty well. Of course if it has a typical Audi suspension set up then it will just bounce from pothole to speedbump.

Happy driving
Keith 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue
Alpaca Premium Leather, Rhodium
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #1421 Thu Aug 04 2005 3:30pm
Biggles

England 

Welcome on board Keith,
Congrats on the order, seem to spend more and more time checking the forum (it gets addictive).
Will be up at my sisters in Scotland in October if not before.
Keep us informed with how you go on with the dealer, some shape wooden some treat you well. I got wooden and a bit rotten. Wink Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1422 Thu Aug 04 2005 3:46pm
keith

Thanks Biggles,

I'll try and organise some snow for you in October so you can try out the Terrain Response. Exclamation

I'm hoping to take the car to Austria next year for my skiing holiday instead of two planes and a bus, but will get some practice in the snow before I go.

Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #1423 Thu Aug 04 2005 3:57pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hi Keith,

Having had several Audis..... the Q7 is a bit of pig I must admit. I was hoping for something better, but looks like a bigger / fatter version of the VW Tourag ... YUK I'm sure the build quality will be 1st rate, but you have to like a car..... and that's exactly how I feel about the RRS. Very Happy From the first images to the 1st drive..... "got me" put my name down, I want one!

So.... here I am..... waiting for my RRS supercharged to arrive/Sept time Cool 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #1424 Thu Aug 04 2005 4:14pm
keith

Hi MDP,

I agree about the Q7. I think the Tourag looks pretty good but Audi obviously need to keep the "corporate look" going with the trapezoidal grill and it doesn't work for me. Porche made the sale mistake with the Cayenne, trying to make it look like a 911.

LR had such an iconic nose and averall shape to start with that they couldn't go wrong with the D3 and RRS. I'll wonder what there design teams meeting are like - does anyone suggest any radical changes to the overall look. Even the Stormer concept car looked like an LR and looked sensational.

Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #1428 Thu Aug 04 2005 4:47pm
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Potential new RR sport driver

Hello all,

Also been following the forum recently, and it's proving to be a mine of excellent information.

Did a test drive today at the Thames Ditton Guy Salmon dealership of the Disco3 (HSE) and RR Sport (HSE TDV6) back to back . No complaints from the dealership - they seemed very accomodating and professional.

Head says Disco, Heart says RR Sport - but the diesels were very similar to drive - the Disco for me was just that tiny bit "too" big, even though side by side they are almost identical in length.So probably opting for the RR sport........ Will be making a decision over the weekend whether to buy or not. Wait time for the RR is November - which is a little way a way and we'll have the first nipper by then... (better get some leather cleaner quick)

Bit concerned about the wheels though - I want a Bonatti Grey TDV6 HSE with 20" Stormers, but dealer was saying that vibration 'can' occur through steering wheel if upgrading to 20" or even 22" aftermarkets (gotta love the Overfinch Tigers').. I have seen have seen several TDV6 HSE's in the gallery that have gone for the 20" Stormers, 20" standards or the 22" Tiger's.... has anyone experienced this supposed increase vibration ?

Also, forgot to ask the dealer, but the test vehicle we drove was ebony black inside with silver bits round the dash and seats - I think thse can be specified as wood bits cant' they ?ie. Can you have black with wood interior ? and what does it look like if so ?

Smudge

Post #1606 Fri Aug 12 2005 4:45pm
CY

Scotland 

Hi all,

I'd just like to say hello to everyone. I'm a member from over at Disco3.co.uk, but I am also a huge fan of the Range Rover Sport. I just think it a truly magnificent car! It looks fantastic, drives like a ordinary car (apparently) and is one of the most luxurious and comfortable cars I've ever sat in.

Despite spending most of my time at disco3.co.uk I will come on rrsport.co.uk and I hope to hear from you all!

Thanks,

-CY "CY from DISCO3"

Post #1759 Thu Aug 18 2005 3:17pm
Geordiehillbilly

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Introductions

Got about 1000 miles on my Bonatti grey RRS HSE now. Going well but a few minor niggles and poor performance from dealer.

Post #1845 Mon Aug 22 2005 1:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 380 <123 456 ... 378379380>