RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Adding two stroke oil to fuel. yes/no
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

What "most" adverts???
Blogs from a company that sells catalytic converters?
Blog post from a company that sells 2SO and does not think it is OK in a modern engine?
Motortrend, one of the world's finest sources of automotive knowledge since 1949?
Forum of another oil company that sells 2SO and warns own customers against buying it?
Two scientific papers? Is it an advert for ya?

Is it some alternative reality you live in? Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #638744 Fri Jan 12 2024 9:04pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Well I know engine oil brands and grades are always good for an argument, wasn’t expecting one on 2so Laughing

Post #638746 Fri Jan 12 2024 9:51pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Brian Considine wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
And the zinc in mineral 2SO can increase injector fouling as well as contaminate catalytic converters.

Prove it with some facts or please shut up (we all know how you love facts/data).

I've already given enough figures based on my own experience of something like in excess of 1.5m miles.

So please stop arguing for the sake of arguing and increasin your post count.

But you haven't proven anything with documented evidence or fact's either, just simply your own "experience" and what someone at the local mot station has said. Where are the documented scientific facts/evidence to support your statement i.e test data, emission figure read outs etc. etc. Yes specific fuel additives probably do work even L/R recommend using one they specify under certain conditions albeit for petrol engines. As for two stroke oil in some 20 year old engines might do something, in modern engines/fuel systems and fuels it is compete tripe and does nothing, unless of course you can produce proven facts and figures to the contrary to substantiate your statement rather than just hearsay.

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Col on Sat Jan 13 2024 7:16am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #638747 Fri Jan 12 2024 10:26pm
Pistnbroke

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Galway Green

Due to the way the pages change on this forum I dont think many picked up on ///

///// the cost of the 2 stroke oil is quite high so without proof that it works is it worth it ? Always listen to old people or when they die you will live on in ignorance.
The avatar is a picture of the man with a big cock.
Learned to 4x4 on 100 mile beach and Frazer Island QLD
Dont spend money on old cars you will never get it back

Post #638748 Fri Jan 12 2024 11:18pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Which is why I don’t put it in every tank full

Post #638749 Fri Jan 12 2024 11:38pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

TheWojtek wrote:
While relatively fresh here, you must be popular in other circles with your polite demeanour.

I have a relatively low tollerence with people who don't read posts correctly and then quickly dash off replies (maybe to add to their post count, who knows).

I don't say anything on a foirum that I would not say to anyones face (ask anyone who knows me) and furthermore I don't hide behind a handle/nickname. 2006 RRS 2.7 HSE.

Post #638785 Sun Jan 14 2024 12:45pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Col wrote:
Brian Considine wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
And the zinc in mineral 2SO can increase injector fouling as well as contaminate catalytic converters.

Prove it with some facts or please shut up (we all know how you love facts/data).

I've already given enough figures based on my own experience of something like in excess of 1.5m miles.

But you haven't proven anything with documented evidence or fact's either, just simply your own "experience" and what someone at the local mot station has said. Where are the documented scientific facts/evidence to support your statement i.e test data, emission figure read outs etc. etc. Yes specific fuel additives probably do work even L/R recommend using one they specify under certain conditions albeit for petrol engines. As for two stroke oil in some 20 year old engines might do something, in modern engines/fuel systems and fuels it is compete tripe and does nothing, unless of course you can produce proven facts and figures to the contrary to substantiate your statement rather than just hearsay.

Cheers
Col

I have quoted personal experience so people are free to make up their own minds.

As for documentry evidence then you are welcome to examine the FSH's of the vehicles I ran using 2T with the diesel which will confirm my experience.

To re-iterate I have already stated that I would not use 2T in current production diesel engines as I am aware that they have been designed to run on the fuel available today. Older engines were designed to run with sulphur which lubricated parts of the fuel system - suphur is no longer poresent so i replace it with 2T.
Please read what I actually write before you mis-quote me. 2006 RRS 2.7 HSE.

Last edited by Brian Considine on Sun Jan 14 2024 12:59pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #638786 Sun Jan 14 2024 12:53pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

jimbg wrote:

So how have you managed get personal experience of that many miles?

Going back to around 1983 up till around 2018 when I worked in the service sector - averaging around 1k miles/week. 2006 RRS 2.7 HSE.

Post #638787 Sun Jan 14 2024 12:58pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

[/quote]

I have quoted personal experience so people are free to make up their own minds.

As for documentry evidence then you are welcome to examine the FSH's of the vehicles I ran using 2T with the diesel which will confirm my experience.

To re-iterate I have already stated that I would not use 2T in current production diesel engines as I am aware that they have been designed to run on the fuel available today. Older engines were designed to run with sulphur which lubricated parts of the fuel system - suphur is no longer poresent so i replace it with 2T.
Please read what I actually write before you mis-quote me.[/quote]

I have not misquoted you because your personal experience and fsh proves nothing only that you put two stroke in the fuel, where is the scientific data that it actually did any good, when we were working in the middle east and asia with heavy construction plant, due to poor quality of fuel we simply put engine oil in the fuel, did it do any good, I haven't the faintest idea as i have no technical data to prove it one way or the other but we think it did. Yawn

Cheers
Col

Post #638789 Sun Jan 14 2024 1:21pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Brian Considine wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

You have provided no data at all, as others have also pointed out. Just saying "I've used it and had no problems [that you are aware of, of course]" isn't data.

And this thread is about using 2SO in a modern engine (assuming the OP was about using 2SO in a RRS) - something you have also said you don't condone. Which makes me wonder why you're arguing. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #638804 Sun Jan 14 2024 7:55pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Brian Considine wrote:
TheWojtek wrote:
While relatively fresh here, you must be popular in other circles with your polite demeanour.

I have a relatively low tollerence with people who don't read posts correctly and then quickly dash off replies

I have zero tolerance to people falling for cognitive biases and holding on to them even when presented with hard evidence, but still don't feel any need to be rude with them.

Brian Considine wrote:
(maybe to add to their post count, who knows).

Why do you keep working on your post count with pointless anecdotes while you have been shown actual data you do not refer to nor discuss is beyond me, then.

Brian Considine wrote:
I don't say anything on a foirum that I would not say to anyones face (ask anyone who knows me) and furthermore I don't hide behind a handle/nickname.

And what exactly do you want to achieve with personal remarks? We are not kids in a bragging race while playing in a backyard after school. I'm tired with having to respond to another personal curveball instead of the topic.
You carefully maneuver around the science and data you have been presented with and resort to personal attacks. Have a go and discuss any paper I quoted, prove it's wrong, back it up with a comparable set of research data. Please do. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #638806 Sun Jan 14 2024 8:47pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 & Wojtec.

I have provided my experience which can be backed up with the FSH's of the various vehicles over the 1.5m miles - these are not just folders of invoices they are on Excel Spreadsheets.

Neither of you have really read my posts correctly or taken them in the correct context.

People are free to make their own choices after reading all the posts on this thread.

Now, lets do everyone a favoUr, agree to disagree & drop it, I will if you will.

Have a pleasant evening & goodnight. 2006 RRS 2.7 HSE.

Post #638855 Mon Jan 15 2024 10:36pm
erickwan

Malaysia 

I tried it. Car seemed marginally smoother. But my ar$e doesn’t have a degree in Automotive Engineering 🤣

Post #638884 Wed Jan 17 2024 4:32am
Dave B

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

A little bit of deflection here, but to keep 'views' going, in the late 80s early 90s, when 'trucking' to what was still the USSR in winter, the standard additive to diesel was petrol, as much as 25% when temperatures went lower than -25c.

Whilst the engine was running it wasn't so bad (warm fuel running back to the tank), but an overnight stop with the engine off meant you were lucky if the battery didn't go flat trying to pump 'wax'.

Oh they were the days.

Dave 2010 3.6 TDV8 HSE (Gone)
2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago)

Post #638888 Wed Jan 17 2024 10:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234