0%  [0]
Total Votes: 5

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jpvd

United Kingdom 
bouncing revs issue **SOLVED**

Hi all - hope you are well.

I own a 2.7tdv6 2006 and have an annoying issue.

When letting of the throttle, the revs dont just fall back down but they bounce up and down about 500rpm and bounce like that until i either touch the throttle or brake....acceleration is fine and no stuttering

i have checked for codes and EGR low curcuit fault comes up. I have checked the egr and they have been blocked off by the last owners with the blanking kit. However could this fault possibly cause this issue if the ecu is reading the egr valves, even though they are not plumbed in?

my second question is i ran a check on the map sensor and no fault codes are shown but the reading is way out - showing high - above what the code reader says it should be - what reading should i get for it to be normal? (average?) - can post up the recording of the data if helpful

my mechanic did suggest that i have the egr valves deleted from the ecu, so the car does'nt know they are there and thus remove the fault code. Have lined someone up to do this, who is also going to remap the ecu to give me some more power at the sametime (which is nice!)....

has anyone else had this issue? - some have mentioned the torque convertor but i would have expected gear shifting problems and slipping to??

any help would be appreciated....
thanks
paul

Last edited by jpvd on Sat Nov 04 2023 6:51pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #636258 Sat Sep 30 2023 8:31pm
jpvd

United Kingdom 

if its the worst case and its a torque convertor....how much are we looking at?

i was thinking around £300 for the torque convertor and possibly 300ish in labour? (assuming a days job) - sound realisitic?

Post #636272 Sun Oct 01 2023 5:54pm
John R Hickman

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Santorini Black

Had mine done in Feb by a good indy I got recon tc myself for £300 and metal pan £100 and then £470 inc vat for labour and fluid. Only problem is Tc now makes the metallic scraping noise when I let off throttle and its out of warranty now. Still drives fine but noise p****s me off. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636275 Sun Oct 01 2023 7:32pm
jpvd

United Kingdom 

cheers John - i had the pan, filter and oil changed about 2 months ago - its since then that the issue started - annoying as i didnt plan to change the oil or pan, but it started leaking so i was forced into it!.....suppose i will have to just either drop 600-700 to fix it or just put up with the bouncing until it gets too wbad i cant cope anymore Laughing Laughing

Post #636276 Sun Oct 01 2023 8:17pm
John R Hickman

Try putting a tube of Dr Tranny in first. That cured mine. The only reason I had TC changed was because of the towing I do. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636277 Sun Oct 01 2023 8:43pm
jpvd

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your help..did you have the same issue?

Last edited by jpvd on Tue Oct 03 2023 7:08pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #636327 Tue Oct 03 2023 7:06pm
jpvd

United Kingdom 

John R Hickman wrote:
Try putting a tube of Dr Tranny in first. That cured mine. The only reason I had TC changed was because of the towing I do.

Where can i get that from? I am considering having the garage drop the fluid again and refill and see if that cures it ...

It seems to be ever since i had the pan, filter and oil changed....was perfect before it was done and i was forced into it due to the old pan leaking - wouldn't have bothered otherwise!...

Post #636328 Tue Oct 03 2023 7:07pm
John R Hickman

The issue I had was revs hunting up and down when constant speed and very light throttle. I'd say try the Dr tranny first because its fairly cheap and easy got mine from Amazon or ebay.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lubegard-19610-Tr...amp;sr=8-1

Try cleaning the MAF and MAP sensors. Do a search on how to clean them because they are very fragile. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636332 Tue Oct 03 2023 9:09pm
jpvd

United Kingdom 

Thanks John - i am considering doing this - but just checking its not an engine management issue first....if the engine is all fine i will definatley try this - worth a shot!

also did you use just one tube or two? - many people say to put in two tubes on our engines due to size?

Post #636607 Sun Oct 15 2023 8:45pm
John R Hickman

One tube did the trick on mine. You could add a second dose later if needed. Easiest way to get it in is to remove the top pipe from the cooler on the rad and put a piece of clean garden hose onto the rad and pour the fluid into the hose (clear 12mm ID pvc tube is better as you can see when its all gone in) and wait ten mins as it goes in slowly. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636608 Sun Oct 15 2023 11:54pm
jpvd

United Kingdom 

Thanks john - didn't realise you could access the oil system for gearbox from above on my engine - would you be able to point out the pipe?

Did you drain some oil out and how did you feed the additive in without running the engine?....did watch a youtube video of a discovery which was done this way - is it the same process?

Thanks again

Post #636609 Sun Oct 15 2023 11:59pm
John R Hickman

Yes and it is the same as Discovery 3. The hose is on the near side of the radiator about 8 inch down near the coolant tank bottle DON'T run the engine with pipe off or you will pump the transmission fluid out of the hose. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636610 Mon Oct 16 2023 12:14am
John R Hickman

No need to drain any oil out. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636611 Mon Oct 16 2023 12:14am
jpvd

United Kingdom 

John R Hickman wrote:
Yes and it is the same as Discovery 3. The hose is on the near side of the radiator about 8 inch down near the coolant tank bottle DON'T run the engine with pipe off or you will pump the transmission fluid out of the hose.

Thats what i thought...great..i might give it a go - was considering having the garage drain the oil and refill and add additive..but sounds quite easy

Post #636612 Mon Oct 16 2023 12:24am
John R Hickman

It's easy the hardest part is waiting for it to flow in. I used a small funnel on the end of the pipe and propped up and made a cuppa while it went in. If it works you may want to consider a full transmission flush. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636613 Mon Oct 16 2023 12:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>