RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2010 RRS 3 litre Timing Belt change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I can't say about L/R Australia, but a prime example from a L/R dealer here in N/Z rear door lock $700.00 and have to collect admittedly only 20Kms away, however genuine part delivered to my front door from the U.K. including delivery $300.00 in less than a week.

What does appear a little odd is the genuine L/R pump Kit comes with the gasket but the crank seal is listed separate and not part of the kit, but that could always be a parts list error.

Cheers
Col

Post #631102 Fri Feb 24 2023 7:29am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Correct Col

Pump comes with the big rubber seal, but not a crankshaft seal

Post #631103 Fri Feb 24 2023 8:19am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

And is a Ford part number 1102415 so definitely call Ford about that price. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #631105 Fri Feb 24 2023 9:12am
AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand

I am going to have a chat with my Mechanic next week... basically if I buy the parts from LRDirect I get, Oil Pump, Water Pump, Timing belt kit, Crank seal, water pump gasket and some much needed body clips and interior trim clips for just under A$600 delivered....
As long as my mechanic is happy for me to provide the parts then it should all work out.
Thanks for all the info and feedback on pricing... it has been a good learning experience for me...
I should have remembered from back in the day when I had a series 1 Discovery with the 2.4 diesel (no electronics) that had a leaking vacuum pump.
Factory Vacuum pump fitted by the Dealer was going to be over $1000. I bought a factory vacuum pump but in a plain white box with no LR stickers for $200 and fitted it myself, job done and money saved.

Post #631135 Sat Feb 25 2023 6:19am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I think the water pump will come with a new gasket. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #631140 Sat Feb 25 2023 8:34am
AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand

Well after being screwed around by several "expert" Independants close by I found one in Sydney who was able to do it for a sensible price and would have given me a loan car for the period he had it..but he was extremely busy.
Then I happend to talk to someone here who mentioned a new mechanic with great reviews was now working at the local LR Dealer and their pricing was pretty good for what he had done...
So I contacted them... great service from the Service advisor, great price and it was done this week while I was away for work
Picked it up this afternoon and seriously it is a different car to drive, quieter and with better pickup.
Now all I have to do is get my 6 pot brakes on with 380mm discs and she will be sweet for a little while Smile

Post #633888 Fri Jun 23 2023 6:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123