RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2010 RRS 3 litre Timing Belt change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

garrycol

Australia 

As an alternative to what?

If you buy the oil pump and seals/gaskets etc from the Ford dealer you will pay about about $200 and you get the later FoMoCo oil pump and Landrover seals/gaskets - yes these seals come in green LR packets with LR part numbers.

If you buy the oil pump and seals/gaskets etc from the LR dealer you will pay about about $500 and you get the later FoMoCo oil pump in Ford packaging and Landrover seals/gaskets in green LR packets with LR part numbers.

This is on the assumption that as you said the 3.0 and the latest 2.7 oil pumps are the same. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #630939 Sun Feb 19 2023 2:21pm
AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand

Well for one... non of the prices are from a Dealer so the Ford product may well be the same or similar price and it depends on the manufacture date they have... the last 2 numbers can mean a lot in terms of the latest iteration.
There are also some alternative supply sources one of which is Overseas..
Once I can get accurate pricing from reliable sources then I will have a better idea of which way to go.. Plus I have to see if either of the Mechanics are willing to fit parts I supply... then there is also any attached Warranty from those repairs that could be affected. Plenty of decisions still to be made, it isnt as cut and dried as you make out.

Post #630946 Sun Feb 19 2023 7:54pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Genuine L/R oil pump, latest part number LR123716 from Lrdirect $547.73 + $68.00 shipping. I have received parts from then in 5 days to NZ by DHL. I don't really think any dealer/supplier is going open the boxes up and check the last couple of letters until the find the newest one for you.

Cheers
Col

Post #630950 Sun Feb 19 2023 9:54pm
AndyCHO

Thanks for that info Col. Hmm quite a difference in prices from aftermarket through to OEM both on the OIl pump and a timing belt kit.
I have been away for work so need to get back onto organising this service. I will go down and see both mechanics regarding me supplying the parts as there seems to be a dramatic difference in what I am being told and what I can get from LRdriect.

Post #631036 Wed Feb 22 2023 10:23pm
Col

Personally for something as critical as a oil pump, I would buy from a main dealer or at the very least from a Citroen/Peugeot dealer as suggested, would not even consider a cheapo ebay etc. so called O.E unbranded god knows made where pump.

Cheers
Col

Post #631037 Wed Feb 22 2023 10:41pm
AndyCHO

100% agree but even with "OEM" branded there are large variations.

Even looking at what is available from LRdirect there is a large variation... I must admit the Britpart OEM price is good but is it worth saving a couple of hundred $$ on a critical part.... retorical question I know.

Post #631038 Wed Feb 22 2023 10:47pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Allmakes and Britpart OEM pumps are the proper FoMoCo pumps, with the Ford numbers ground off Thumbs Up

Post #631039 Wed Feb 22 2023 11:01pm
Col

I think DM may have solved you're dilemma for you, reasonable prices for genuine part, without paying double for it to be in a nice white box with a pretty green logo on it. Very Happy

Cheers
Col

Post #631040 Wed Feb 22 2023 11:19pm
garrycol

Australia 

In Aust - what is wrong with buying a Ford part from a Ford dealer, particularly when it is cheaper. Why would you bother with Brit Part, Citroen, Peugeot or whatever. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #631045 Thu Feb 23 2023 5:58am
AndyCHO

Is it actually cheaper from Ford???? I havent had a chance to check with a Ford Dealer but the checking that I did carry out from online sellers was that none of the so called OEM items were original FOMOCO, be it for a Citeron, Peuogot, Ford or Range Rover but were "aftermarket" items.
So unitl I can get pricing from a Ford Dealer I have no real idea on the pricing... maybe you have more information than I do though.

Post #631046 Thu Feb 23 2023 6:06am
garrycol

Australia 

garrycol wrote:

If you buy the oil pump and seals/gaskets etc from the Ford dealer you will pay about about $200 and you get the later FoMoCo oil pump and Landrover seals/gaskets - yes these seals come in green LR packets with LR part numbers.

If you buy the oil pump and seals/gaskets etc from the LR dealer you will pay about about $500 and you get the later FoMoCo oil pump in Ford packaging and Landrover seals/gaskets in green LR packets with LR part numbers.

This is on the assumption that as you said the 3.0 and the latest 2.7 oil pumps are the same.

I put this up earlier - when I bought my pump from the Canberra Ford dealer it was $172 but was a little while ago so will be a little more expensive now. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #631048 Thu Feb 23 2023 7:24am
AndyCHO

Are they actual prices?? From my view "about" is probably a guess....
LIke I said earlier... when I get the opportunity (probably next week now) I will check with a Ford Dealer to see exactly what their pricing is like... until then it is all supposition apart from the pricing I showed from the UK.. that is factual.

Post #631049 Thu Feb 23 2023 7:28am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

My “about” prices are because of exchange rate. I don’t want to say $239.42AUD then the exchange rate make it $245.86AUD a week later. However, those were the prices (+/- $1AUD) when I looked up the part numbers/prices that day I posted. By the way, the oil pump is showing $239.42AUD as of today at current exchange rate. Of course you may get a more or less favorable exchange rate, thus the “about”. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #631062 Thu Feb 23 2023 11:11am
garrycol

Australia 

AndyCHO wrote:
Are they actual prices?? From my view "about" is probably a guess....
LIke I said earlier... when I get the opportunity (probably next week now) I will check with a Ford Dealer to see exactly what their pricing is like... until then it is all supposition apart from the pricing I showed from the UK.. that is factual.

Yes it is a guesstimate as It is a little while since I actually purchased one for $172. You seem reluctant to take note of home grown advice - and why are you on this forum and not our own forum of AULRO.

You seem to be making this harder than it needs to be - just ring your local Ford dealer to get a price and try more than one. I just contacted a couple of Ford dealers and know the current price - took 5 minutes but you know it all and I am not now going to do your job for you.

Good luck with it
'
Endat. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #631100 Fri Feb 24 2023 2:18am
AndyCHO

So.. for the sake of honest and open communication on all this... Ford Australia list the oil pump at $318.00 available in a few days.
The gasket to go with the oil pump is.... and wait for it... $497.00
Looking on LRdirect the gasket ranges from a Britpart OEM gasket of A$18.38 to an Original LR gasket at A$126.67
Even the spares person I spoke to said that was over the top...
So now I need to find out pricing from LR here in Aus, just to be sure. It has been an interesting exercise and I have at least found some good places to get parts (LRDirect for one).

To be honest... the "home grown advice" was not filling me with confidence...and as for why I am in this forum and not AULRO, well I am a member there but prefer the info etc that is shared on this site... fairly simple really.

Post #631101 Fri Feb 24 2023 7:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>