RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Price checks..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

lOWEST pAID sPORT oWNER

United Kingdom 

Kam,
Just to let you know above info on s-h RRS ads is appreciated, phone no's as well. Thanks this member has only recently joined and has yet to prove RRS ownership. Please re-register and submit income details on your profile information page.

Post #7252 Wed Dec 07 2005 3:44pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

lOWEST pAID sPORT oWNER wrote:
Kam,
Just to let you know above info on s-h RRS ads is appreciated, phone no's as well. Thanks

I also enquired at my local dealership for you last night - but nothing in at the moment Sad But will keep an eye out Smile 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #7323 Thu Dec 08 2005 11:19am
kam100

United Kingdom 
New on Autotrader..

Nice example just come on..

2005 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 2.7 TDV6 SE 5dr Auto Sport Diesel Estate,
5,700 miles, 09/55, UK car with remainder of 3 year warranty, Java Black with Aspen leather. Usual SE spec inc. air suspension, Cruise control, Reverse parking aid, Heated front and rear seats, Electric front seats, heated washers and windscreen, Xenon headlights, Reverse parking sensors(PDC), plus 20" 10 spoke alloys, Bluetooth preparation, Privacy Glass, Body side mouldings, Removable towbar, List price including extras &pound;44,240. New Business forces sales. Superb looking car in showroom condition, beat the wating list. £42,995.
Telephone: 01793 721995 or 07762 923705

Post #7605 Fri Dec 09 2005 3:09pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had a chuckle at the last bit............ "beat the waiting list" who is he kidding?
He's looking at £2k over list for a NEW Sport on a car that has 5500miles and has 20" wheels (wonder if the steering rack has been upgraded?). The only extras appear to be the removable tow bar and privacy glass (if it is factory fitted). I hope he gets what he's asking but I think he might be disappointed! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #7612 Fri Dec 09 2005 3:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 
Current Valuation..

As usual im always looking round at cars, and the latest car which is taking my fancy is an 05 plate S4 with full kit even auto boot and cool box! I would like to get myself an RS4 being the latest toy out, but am a bit late getting on the waiting list if i want it anytime in 2006 it appears, although i have agreed on a deal whereby if i buy a certain dealers S4 that they have in stock, they will let me have their dealer allocated demo RS4 which will roll in sometime in May/June and will be mine before it touches the tarmac.

Is hard to fill the space that maybe left by the RRS as its been the best car i've had to date, even my mum and dad who called it a 'truck' when i first got it, are saying i should keep it and how comfortable it is.. but the deal is looking good.

Been offered, wait for it..........
a whole £42,000 for the RRS to buy in before the end of Jan. Now mine now has 8054 miles and is a 2 owner May registered ex demo! i was offered £40k by Mercedes Benz back in early december, but apparently the LR dealer in question has a customer waiting to take my RRS immediately.
And there was me thinking that a lot of deliveries are rolling in now and the price may start being affected once the list dies down. Appears thats not the case (which is good for us all!)

I've asked that if i take the S4 now, i want an agreed buy back price for May/June when the RS4 Arrives. The guy is consulting with his manager and coming back to me in the morning. Now if the price is good, i think even though it pains me to see the RRS go, i can't miss this deal.

Only question now remains is, am i still allowed to be a member here not owning an RRS? I want to get a RRS SC at some point when they fall below £50k, so could be a new purchaser again seeking out info on the SC model?[/b]

Post #10291 Fri Jan 13 2006 2:19am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Re: Current Valuation..

kam100 wrote:
Only question now remains is, am i still allowed to be a member here not owning an RRS? I want to get a RRS SC at some point when they fall below £50k, so could be a new purchaser again seeking out info on the SC model?[/b]

I am on the waiting list...... and a member. Wink

If Robin Sunflower can be a member (though uninvited and unwanted), who can't??? Rolling Eyes Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #10292 Fri Jan 13 2006 3:10am
PaulB

England 

Kam,
Although the S4 is a little "soft" for my liking, given it's pretentions as a sportcar, I can fully appreciation your desire for the new RS4, it looks like being a stunning piece of kit.
I've had two previous RS Audis, and RS6, which was fantastically fast and accomplished, but rather uninvolving. I then had an RS4, which was a much more entertaining car to drive. My RS4 was all black with the optional Black Optic Pack, which colour coded all the exterior brightwork i.e. mirrors, roof rails, windows surrounds etc. It was the ultimate stealth car Twisted Evil
There was very little that could come anywhere near it performance wise.
I've been a little put off the new RS4 because it isn't an Avant (yet) and to the RS purist, RS's should only be Avants, and it isn't going to be a limited production like the RS2 and RS4 were. The RS6 wasn't limited and the values have taken a big hit because of it.
I could be pursuaded into an RS4 when the Avant comes out Cool
Cheers
Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #10301 Fri Jan 13 2006 9:55am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Kam, as you know from our recent conversations I too share PaulB's sentiments with regard to the RS4 - I love the concept/model and have enjoyed all the Audi's i've owned. But the S4 I find to be typical Audi ie. very low key and to the not so trained eye looks like every other A4 on the road. ( still a very good car ) Again I would agree that the RS4 should be an Avant and in limited numbers to make it a real rarity, but I guess Audi need to sell as many as poss. Ref your deal - well its sounds good enough and in the dream world I would like to own both.

As they say Variety is the spice of life & if its a good stepping stone on the way to owning the RRS Supercharged then it cant be bad.

Kam - if you go this route keep on the forum mate & post some pics and views in the "off topic section"

All the best - and .......THE DECISION IS YOURS Wink

Martin 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #10302 Fri Jan 13 2006 10:51am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Although I've never owned Audis, I have to say all the Audis I've ever come into contact with have been great cars, even lower down the scale. I was lucky enough to look after a friend's RS6 once for a few days and it was unbelievable. As everyone else has said, it would have to be an Avant for me. Not because I'm a RS purist but I now need to cart lots of stuff around. However the deal sounds like a winner and one I wouldn't be turning down if I was in your shoes. It'll be great to see pics once you get it - and please hang around, even if you do end up migrating to an Audi forum too! Smile 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #10310 Fri Jan 13 2006 12:36pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Kam - I have just been looking at the S4 and I'm not impressed by the looks, the grill is especially annoying. However I buy cars on looks rather than the performance and the figures quoted by Audi knock the spots off your RRS. Overall though I would prefer the RRS simply because it's a head turner and an obvious status symbol whereas the Audi just doesn't do it for me, noticed only by those who know what it can do. If you want a drivers car I'm sure the Audi is fantastic. So the question is 'Deal or No Deal?' 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #10311 Fri Jan 13 2006 1:04pm
PaulB

England 

Kam,
I would recommend that you check out the RS246 forum at www.rs246.com
There are some good guys on the forum and will be able to answer most if not all of your questions.
Good luck.
Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #10314 Fri Jan 13 2006 1:29pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the comments guys..
VA, what you are saying, is exactly what is going through my mind. The S4 is very low key and is not a status symbol like the Range Rover is.

However, i do like some variation in my life and i would love to get into a SC model soon.. In an ideal world, i would keep the RRS for the 4x4 and hilly days and have tried to persuade my dad to take it on.. but he is a typical accountant and as his 7 series is not fully 'depreciated' yet through his accounts, he is sticking with it.
Will be sad to see it go, but if the S4 is a stepping stone into an RS4 and i get to cut the line (again) i don't think i can say no, especially at that Pex price!

I will definitely stick around on this forum, i didn't find any Audi forums to the same level of expertise as this forum has become, but will check out the forum that you have just provided Paul. Thanks..

Post #10316 Fri Jan 13 2006 1:47pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Kam - If you want to pick up girls keep the RRS. If you're in a steady relation ship go for the Audi! Cool Cool 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #10321 Fri Jan 13 2006 3:45pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Very annoyed wrote:
Kam - If you want to pick up girls keep the RRS. If you're in a steady relation ship go for the Audi! Cool Cool

Is this experience speaking? Laughing
...it's been an abject failure in that respect.. HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #10324 Fri Jan 13 2006 4:23pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

HAHA Very funny VA..

Even funnier.. is i got a phone call from a guy called David from Dulwich Audi somewhere down south, and he said the best price he could get for my RRS was £32k. I laughed at him.. and said its clear you haven't bothered ringing anyone, the other Audi garage have offered me £42k, are you not aware these vehicles are still selling at list? i think you're pulling my leg, or someone if pulling your leg.

He suggested in his defence, that the other Audi garage probably had more equity in the S4 to play with.. i said, what 10k worth? don't be silly, its the exact same car, and theirs is even more kitted then yours with the same miles, so don't bother ringing me back unless you have a price over £42k. Somehow i don't think i will hear from him again..
Can't believe he tried it on.. do i sound like a complete sucker over the phone or what!!

Post #10332 Fri Jan 13 2006 5:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>