RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Price checks..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

kam100

United Kingdom 
Price checks..

I usually keep my eye on the market and check prices at least once a week, so will post for all to see.

FYI:
30th October: Autotrader cheapest price: Actual Physical Car:

2005 05 Reg LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT 2.7 Tdi HSE
5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 4,500 miles, Java Black, Black Hide, 1 Owner. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Climate control, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Front armrest, Head restraints, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Heated seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Navigation system, Park distance control, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Radio/CD Multichanger, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Traction control. Blue Tooth Integrated Phone. Immaculate. £43,995.

Post #4240 Sun Oct 30 2005 12:36pm
kam100

United Kingdom 
7th Nov 2005.

Hi this week on the trader..

Cheapest TDV6 S Spec = £38,950 2 k miles on clock. (Trader)
Arctic Frost.

Cheapest TDV6 SE Spec = £39,000 5k Miles, June 05 (private sale). Bonetti Grey, Ivory, 19" Alloy upgrade, Privacy Glass, HK Sound with 6CD, rear PDC.

Cheapest TDV6 HSE Spec = £43,995 Mileage not disclosed, June 05
Silver, (Trader).

Still looking good on the ol'market. I have had an offer for £42k for my car this week. (obviously going to be retailed for £44k) was against a CLS Merc CDI, told them no thanks, still loving the RRS right now, and with them custom door sill plates is worth at least £45k!!

Post #4900 Mon Nov 07 2005 1:54pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

The guy is hassling me at £42k.. says its a good price.
Has a new CLS 0 miles, 55 plate, UK MB Car with 3 yr warranty..
He is really temtping me i have to admit, not that there is anything wrong with my RRS but its real good looking car, and im wondering whether i can get round the problem of no centre seat and the low roof line.

Post #4968 Tue Nov 08 2005 2:15pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Hmm - if it was me, I'd be tempted too! Confused

Look at it this way: do you need the RRS for what it is? Is the low roofline and lack of seating variation going to cause you real problems? Does it make sense financially to swap?

The dealer is obviously looking to get rid of the CLS - maybe if you show interest in taking it off his hands, you could push him up to 43k for a done deal? Have to say I like the look of the CLS.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #4969 Tue Nov 08 2005 3:21pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The CLS is a cracking looking car, but it is tiny inside, esp. the rear! The only model to even contemplate is the AMG!

G

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #5054 Thu Nov 10 2005 10:49am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sorry guys but I think that the CLS is Mercs answer to the Cayenne, it is really ugly. Is Chris Bangle now working for Chrysler Daimler, he's spoiled the lines of recent BM's ...................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5061 Thu Nov 10 2005 11:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

But then it's still classed as a coupe isn't it, so rear space probably isn't going to be any better than a standard two-door coupe. This is where Merc have been a bit too revolutionary - it's all very well going on about the four-door coupe concept but those that just see four doors and think saloon car are going to be disappointed. The AMG's a great choice for the CLS, very quick for such a large car (very quick for any size car really) but even the diesel's no slouch - as quick as an S/C isn't it? Wink 

Post #5062 Thu Nov 10 2005 11:20am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sorry guys but I think that the CLS is Mercs answer to the Cayenne, it is really ugly. Is Chris Bangle now working for Chrysler Daimler, he's spoiled the lines of recent BM's ......................

Poor Chris Bangle - must have had the hardest time these past 2 or 3 yrs. I was never a fan of the new BMW shapes when I first saw them, but the new 5 grew on me and I'm actually quite a fan of that shape now. I think the new 5 Touring's look great too. I'm still not a fan of the new 7s though... they look like a sausage on wheels.

Cheers
Steve 

Post #5063 Thu Nov 10 2005 11:26am
Tim in Scotland

Steve the 5 touring is the only BM I have ever lusted after and I will make a concession - yes it is the best looking of the recent BMs. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #5067 Thu Nov 10 2005 11:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Steve the 5 touring is the only BM I have ever lusted after and I will make a concession - yes it is the best looking of the recent BMs.

Tim, I was close to buying an Audi RS6 Avant - but thought too dated now that the new A6 is on the block. the new RS4 is saloon only untill next spring and then I dont think its big enough, plus I had been in A4 size cabriolets for 3 yrs. So nothing on offer from Audi = RRS Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5069 Thu Nov 10 2005 12:19pm
Tim in Scotland

Another German brand that is loosing the plot with it's designs.......... what an awful front view the new Audis have. I ran an Audi 80 Avant TDi for a couple of years, one of the most reliable cars I have owned, but it cost a fortune to service and was totally boring to drive............ it never missed a beat and always returned in the high 40's for mpg. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #5071 Thu Nov 10 2005 12:28pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
Tim, I was close to buying an Audi RS6 Avant - but thought too dated now that the new A6 is on the block.

Interesting - I like where the new Audis are going although I have to say that to me the new Avant looks a lot more dated that the old Avant. I've not seen it in the flesh so am willing to be corrected, but it reminds me of an old Toyota Camry estate... not a particularly good thing. Good job we're all different isn't it? Laughing 

Post #5076 Thu Nov 10 2005 1:13pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I agree shmoogle , I like the new corporate grille but the new A6 avant just doesnt work for me ( saloon is ok ) 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #5079 Thu Nov 10 2005 2:13pm
kam100

United Kingdom 
Price check..

On the autotrader this week:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 05 Reg Land Rover Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE,
5 Doors, Automatic, Station Wagon, Diesel, 2,790 miles, Zambezi Silver, Active Roll Mitigation (ARM),Automatic climate control,Bi-xenon headlights,Driver & passenger side airbags,Dynamic Stability Control (DSC),Electric windows,Electronic air suspension,Electronic Brake Assist (EBA),Electronic parking brake,High mounted rear stop lamp,Leather steering wheel,Leather trimmed gearknob,Park distance control (PDC),Permanent four-wheel drive,Powerfold exterior mirrors,Rear head airbags,Rear spoiler,Terrain Response system,Variable power steering,Anti-lock braking system,Cruise control,Driver & passenger airbags,Electronic Traction Control (ETC),Single CD player,Hill Descent Control (HDC),Alloy wheels,Passive engine immobilisation,Ultrasonic alarm system. £36,995.

Medway Landrover
Tel: (01622) 699750
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 2.7 TDV6 SE 5dr Auto Sport Diesel Estate,
Brand new SE spec inc. Alpaca leather & front & rear parking sensors. Reluctant sale. £38,750.
Telephone: 01282 868877 or 07931 557214
Distance: 102 miles
Price: £38,750
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 RANGE ROVER SPORT, 05 reg. (Private)
Diesel, HSE, Buckingham Blue/Beige interior, 4k miles, privacy glass, Bluetooth, Mats, UK car, full HSE spec. £43,500. ono. .
Telephone: 0797 3665647 or 01296 640377
Distance: 55 miles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 55 Reg LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 2.7 TD HSE SPORT
5 Doors, Automatic, All Terrain, Diesel, 1,500 miles, Silver. Air Bag, Air-Conditioning, Alarm, Alloys, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Electric Seats, Front Fog Lights, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear Wash/Wipe, ABS, CD Multichanger, Climate Control, Computer, Cruise control, Electric windows, Multi function steering wheel, Remote locking. Blue Tooth, Touch Screen SAT NAV £43,995.

Carno GarageDealer's
Tel: 01495 307400 or 07989 447998
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT 4400 cc V8 HSE 5dr Auto,
Automatic, Off Road Vehicle, Petrol, 12,939 miles, Java Black Pearl, 1 Owner(s), Personal telephone integration system with bluetooth. £46,850.

Guy Salmon Land Rover WakefieldPrice: £46,850
Tel: (01924) 242422
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 05 Reg Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4.2,
5 Doors, Automatic, Station Wagon, Petrol, 7,500 miles, Rimini Red, Alarm,Ex-Demonstrator,Leather Trim,Airbag(s),Air-conditioning,Alloy wheels,Anti-lock braking system,CD player,Central Door Locking,Cruise control,Electric seat(s),Electric windows,Heated seat(s),Immobiliser,Power-assisted steering. £52,990.
www.lancasterlandrover.co.uk
Lancaster Reading Land Telephone: (0870) 4137437
Price: £52,990

These are the cheapest of each model RRS on the autotrader as of 7th Dec 2005. These are physical cars not cheaper priced ads quoted for vehicles to order or European Imported cars.

Still looking good on the residual front, still many retailers and private sellers charging premiums, which is good to see!

Told MB and the other guy im not interested in the CLS right now by the way, waiting til at least Feb 2006 i think.

Post #7237 Wed Dec 07 2005 12:52pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

By the way, in regard to the CLS, it looks like its a new growing niche.
Merc have been the first to bring it out in prestige guise..
On looking at the 4cars.co.uk future models schedule, it seems there are going to be a lot more of these styled cars on offer from other manufacturers over the coming years.

BMW X6 ('SAC')
The X-Coupe's larger equivalent. BMW's rival to the Porsche Panamera, Range Rover Sport and Audi Q7, thought to have CLS-style four-door layout. Longer, lower and sportier than the X5, with much more of an emphasis on performance, it will be built alongside the X5 in Spartanburg, North Carolina, indicating focused targeting of the US market. Production begins early in 2007.

Volkswagen Passat coupe
Volkswagen's CLS-style GT model, said to have a four-door layout like the M-B. It will be positioned between mainstream Passat and Phaeton ranges, featuring the more powerful engines from the Passat range and have an innovative rear hatch opening, apparently. Launch at 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show expected, and prices to undercut CLS. Hybrid version to follow

Jaguar S-Type
Said to be more compact and much, much sportier than current model - and to launch the "new face" of Jaguar. Expect front-end influenced by R-D6 concept and a CLS-style four-door body, but plan to build it on XJ-derived aluminium chassis has been dropped.

Maserati "CLS"
Sister model to the Alfa Romeo 169 (see above), rival for Mercedes-Benz CLS etc. A low-slung four-door coupe with luxury specification, it will have more rarefied engines than the Alfa to position it firmly as an alternative to the Porsche Panamera.

Porsche Panamera
Not 911-based as originally suggested, but built on a rear-drive platform shared with a Volkswagen, much as Cayenne shares its underpinnings with the Touareg. Bodyshells to be made by VW in Wolfsburg, with final assembly in Leipzig. Fastback coupe styling, but a four-door, full four-seater, designed to take on Mercedes CLS and even Maserati Quattroporte. Rear doors could well be rear-hinged. The Cayenne's V8 is the predicted engine of choice, developing up to 500bhp in top-spec versions

Seems these cars are here to stay..

Post #7239 Wed Dec 07 2005 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>