RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > JLR Dashcam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

pjbracer1

England 

At a guess maybe NextBase but I suspect they will have had it manufactured in China just using someone elses software connectivity to make it look in keeping with their brand no cheap chinese plastics.

BlackVue are the top of the pack as far as most reviews go but are at the higher priced end too! I have Blackvue750s front and rear and the images are amazing, I dont have the intelligent parking mode active on mine as whilst the idea is brilliant LR products are not known for being the most efficient when it comes to battery power so would rather not risk it. I don't often park where damage is likely but the times I do I just have a NextBASE 122 and a USB power bank and then leave it in parking mode. The USB power bank lasts forever and I have 2 so can swap it over to make sure there is protection over a much longer period of time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PTT...&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VSP...&psc=1

I havent test it yet but I did think of using a USB power bank to power a Blink Camera Sync Module that is linked to a MIFI device also would need to be powered (maybe from the AUx battery as its minimal drain) and then set up a Blink Camera and leave that in the car (they use AA batteries and last a long time) have all the same motion detection and night vision.

Would mean that the as long as the syn module stayed powered it could last quite a while, just need to get round to testing how long a USB power back would last powering the sync module and if the sync module requires a permanent internet connection (I thin it does for a cloud service but my home ones also have USB stick in them)

The little blink cameras are pretty small and work pretty well so if one could last for say 2weeks its ideal for longer periods when the car is not attended. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #621953 Tue Feb 15 2022 10:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123