RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Coding Hints
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

IRBails

Australia 
Coding Hints

With my previous drive the Board had an area were members could supply coding information for changing settings on the vehicle. I found this very useful in unlocking features that were installed but were not functioning.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f80/

These days many manufacturers use simple software switches for options or just one small piece of hardware needs to be added to gain access to features. I haven't seen this on any of the Range Rover boards. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #524404 Mon Apr 24 2017 11:32pm
matsoutback

Australia 

I have noticed a void too, coming from the same flock. I am waiting till I get an email from GAP saying the software has been updated for the MY17 models. I want to enable, if possible; traffic sign recognition, WiFi, TMC amongst other things. Have you bought the GAP software yet? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #524407 Tue Apr 25 2017 2:07am
IRBails

Australia 

No Have not purchased GAP as there seems to be not much info. I do have the Vag Com lead and software for the SQ5 but will buy the stuff for the RRS when I can see that you can do things other than look up fault codes. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #524408 Tue Apr 25 2017 2:21am
matsoutback

Australia 

My understanding was it does more than look up and cancel fault codes. Adjusting the suspension heights for example.

My VAG Com cable is used a fair bit. We still have a Golf and I've done numerous reversing camera installs on Amorok's and Tiguan's. I liked having it with the Touareg too, as you know. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #524409 Tue Apr 25 2017 2:24am
IRBails

Australia 

It does but is way behind Ros Tech for instant does not tell which parts have failed like the Vag tools do , does tell you fault code but not much more. This of course may be due to the Land Rover limitations. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #524410 Tue Apr 25 2017 2:27am
matsoutback

Australia 

I wonder what the answer is then? I would like that kind of functionality, especially once it comes out of warranty. I bought a flee bay version for my land cruiser, which was a copy of the Toyota Tech Stream software they use in their workshops. That was good and very cheap ($30.00). Be good if there was a similar JLR rip off... Whistle 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #524411 Tue Apr 25 2017 2:32am
IRBails

Australia 

I don't know but I bet there is a lot of stuff that can be added because the frame work is installed and just needs the know how . I know of a Touareg member that installed Dynamic cruise control, had to add some hardware but the rest was just software adjustments. I think it is wise to own these tools if ony to keep the service techs on the ball. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #524412 Tue Apr 25 2017 2:36am
wilf

The problem with JLR vehicles is that to enable options you need to modify the CCF, or car configuration file, using a software system called SDD (I think that's it).

Neither are easy to use, and one false step will leave you with a dead vehicle.

It is emphatically NOT as simple as the BMW/VAG systems.

Over on one of the Jag forums we have a config king, (based in Russia I think) who knows how to do this stuff, few of us mere mortals can though. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #524420 Tue Apr 25 2017 8:35am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

matsoutback wrote:
I am waiting till I get an email from GAP saying the software has been updated for the MY17 models.

Bodsy is also waiting for the MY17 update, as he will be doing a job on mine when it's available. If he hasn't yet got it, I guess no-one has

Post #524450 Tue Apr 25 2017 1:03pm
rjwojcik

United Kingdom 

Any update onany tools available for coding? I too have come from VW/BMW land.

Post #621996 Thu Feb 17 2022 9:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1