Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Headlight Alignment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Bobby wrote:
sportman wrote:
sometimes when I drive in rough terrain my head lights shaking is that normal Sad

Yes, thats normal if you have Adaptive Headlights.

oh really so how I can know if I'm having adaptive headlights..I notice when I start the car the lights move up that's what we call adaptive?? 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #84860 Mon Feb 19 2007 9:36am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

That's right Sportman, if your headlights move as you start up your vehicle they are adaptive.

As for people who keep flashing you as you drive towards them, do what I do and flash them back. They soon realise that you are already on dipped headlamps once you have burnt out their retina. To Censored ers !! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #84899 Mon Feb 19 2007 12:20pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Happened to me with the RRS and also with my Beemer... it seems there's very little education out there in driverland about the fact that a lot of new cars have these new fangled Xenons. I do what TB says actually anfd flash them back... ok, so it might make them veer off the road into a hedge, but at least they'll know the error of their ways! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #84902 Mon Feb 19 2007 12:25pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #84903 Mon Feb 19 2007 12:28pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I try not to flash people, however recently have noticed the increase in people using their fog lights all the time - clearly they dont realise Rolling Eyes so I just flash them as a public duty Whistle

Post #84914 Mon Feb 19 2007 12:43pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

shmoogle wrote:
Happened to me with the RRS and also with my Beemer... it seems there's very little education out there in driverland about the fact that a lot of new cars have these new fangled Xenons. I do what TB says actually anfd flash them back... ok, so it might make them veer off the road into a hedge, but at least they'll know the error of their ways! Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #84968 Mon Feb 19 2007 2:50pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

That'll teach 'em! Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #85009 Mon Feb 19 2007 6:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

shmoogle wrote:

---Ditto--- Laughing Laughing

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #85314 Tue Feb 20 2007 7:33am
Invictus

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I have adaptive headlights. Does that mean that the high beam are adaptive too? I can't seem to tell.

Post #86941 Sun Feb 25 2007 5:47am
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

fog lights ..when I use the auto lighting mode the fog lights are staying off? when the fog light has to turn on in automatic mode? helppppppppppppp Rolling Eyes
regarding the lights aligments I feel the right side is much higher than the othe side..is there any way to correct by my self of let dealer deal with it during first service 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #86943 Sun Feb 25 2007 7:21am
chex

for a LHD car that seems right, unless it's abnormally high...

Post #86985 Sun Feb 25 2007 12:47pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

I travel to Belgium monthly so have to change over my (adaptive) Xenon headlights on the Eurotunnel train. Before I learnt this trick, I was forever being flashed by the frogs! (I asked my stealer how to do it but they didn't really know but the guys at the LR day at Gaydon knew how).

The owners handbook shows you how to do this but it is really tricky! You may want to check that yours have been set to UK setting (headlight change-over levers are both up for adaptive Xenon lamps in UK mode) It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #88018 Tue Feb 27 2007 9:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Brian Mason

Thanks for the tip Peter. Mine are not adaptive, but the stealer did admit today that "lots" of RRS owners complain they get flashed due to headlights. The bulbs are extremely bright by normal xenon standards, I can always spot a RR coming towards me, and mounted high. So, other than have them adjusted unnecessarily low, it's a simple case of bol Censored ocks to other motorists and just get on with it!!! Ner Ner Thumbs Up

Post #88038 Tue Feb 27 2007 10:18pm
BoatMad

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Just flash them back, watch the paint on their cars begin to smoulder, they wwont flash a RR again

You know , its on eof the great things about RR in general , great headlights.

Hella have just brought out a Xenon Driving lamp set ( projectors) If I could find a way of nicely integrating them into the RRS theyd make quite a statement ( possibly reports on the radio of UFO's etc) RRS HSE TDV8 Java black/Ebony interior, mud flaps,20" stormers, towing, roofrack,sunroof,cooler V8 Tasmods Sills,black badges, carstyling java black vents
Previously FFRR TD6 Metallic Grey

Post #88399 Wed Feb 28 2007 10:03pm
Brian Mason

BoatMad wrote:
Just flash them back, watch the paint on their cars begin to smoulder, they wwont flash a RR again

You know , its on eof the great things about RR in general , great headlights.

Hella have just brought out a Xenon Driving lamp set ( projectors) If I could find a way of nicely integrating them into the RRS theyd make quite a statement ( possibly reports on the radio of UFO's etc)

Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #88407 Wed Feb 28 2007 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>