RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY18+ Facelift svr and exhaust mods
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

GJW1

United Kingdom 

Having looked up close the valves are always fully open whether you have the exhaust button on or not so I’m not sure about this on the MY19 cars making it louder.

Post #577568 Thu Mar 21 2019 5:33pm
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

By doing this was it loud all the time in all driving modes?
and were u still able to change exhaust loudness with exhaust button in middle screen ?

Thanks

Post #577573 Thu Mar 21 2019 6:30pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I haven’t changed anything on the car my assumption from reading this post was that the value was closed when the exhaust was quiet and open to different amounts when driven to give various extra noise levels but having looked at the value it is always fully open in both modes and only closes soon after you turn the car off.

Post #577580 Thu Mar 21 2019 7:27pm
ayu

United Kingdom 

I have tested disconnecting the valves on a 2019 svr with the GPF, and the overall difference is not that huge, only maybe 10-20% better I would say. At startup the valves are open anyway even in auto/comfort mode.
Has anyone fitted the quicksilver exhaust and can report on the difference? Looking into that now...
Not sure about removing middle silencer because you can’t really control the valves it seems, unless you want to manually disconnect them every time eh..

Post #585868 Mon Aug 26 2019 1:53pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

You still control the valves the same as you do now and it makes the same different just with a base sound louder.

Post #585903 Tue Aug 27 2019 12:05am
ayu

United Kingdom 

That's the problem though, with standard setup the exhaust button barely makes a difference.

Quote:
Eu6D Markets
The active exhaust system has 2 different modes:

Normal Mode
In normal mode, the valves are closed at idle. They open around 1,500 Revolutions Per Minute (RPM) when stationary (transmission in
Park (P) or Neutral (N)). They open around 1,300 RPM when driving, depending upon the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor position
signal. The valves gradually open when greater than 2,500 RPM and are fully open when greater than 4,250 RPM. This serves to both
enhance the sound quality in the vehicle and reduce back pressure to enhance engine performance.

Dynamic/Enhanced Mode
In Dynamic mode the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) activates the active exhaust system. To activate the Dynamic mode, switch the
ignition ON (Power Mode 6). Then touch the active exhaust soft key on the Interactive Control Display Module (ICDM). The active exhaust
soft key icon will illuminate on the ICDM to confirm that Dynamic mode is selected. After the engine starts the active exhaust system will
operate in Dynamic mode. The valves begin to open around 2,500 RPM and are fully open when greater than 3,500 RPM.

Post #585912 Tue Aug 27 2019 10:08am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

This just isnt true

Quote:
In normal mode, the valves are closed at idle. They open around 1,500 Revolutions Per Minute (RPM) when stationary

The valves are always open in the exhaust backboxes i have never seen them closed or part closed and i havent disconnected them as they do close when the car has been turned off for a few minutes.

pressing the button does something but no idea what.

Post #585936 Tue Aug 27 2019 8:36pm
Netsters

England 
Pics of the valve open

Anyone got a pic of theirs? Just had software updates done to my MY19.5, active switch wasn’t doing anything before. Now it does open and close them, but they only open what seems to be ever so slightly.
[/i] Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #595475 Sun Feb 23 2020 10:39pm
the_big_1

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Had some thoughts and looked at the flaps today. So driving home, active exhaust on, sports and dynamic mode, hit the gas, nice and loud, not mega loud but nice.
Got home, looked at flaps, only open by say 10mm. Turned off sports and active, still only 10mm. Turn off active exhaust and totally closed. So to get them.fully open, it needs all the above modes plus some throttle to open fully. What if I could design a device that when you click active exhaust, its fully open? Its PWM signal but I could look at it? 2018 SVR

Post #595614 Wed Feb 26 2020 6:33pm
Jjvd21

United States 

If you watch the video in this thread https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic55196.html you’ll see how the valve opens. I don’t think it would be that hard to mechanically keep them open at all times. The valve in the video opens and closes relatively easy, would need to access the top of the valve and position it open and lock it in place (hopefully wouldn’t cause an electrical fault of some kind). 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #595617 Wed Feb 26 2020 7:45pm
Netsters

England 

the_big_1 wrote:
Had some thoughts and looked at the flaps today. So driving home, active exhaust on, sports and dynamic mode, hit the gas, nice and loud, not mega loud but nice.
Got home, looked at flaps, only open by say 10mm. Turned off sports and active, still only 10mm. Turn off active exhaust and totally closed. So to get them.fully open, it needs all the above modes plus some throttle to open fully. What if I could design a device that when you click active exhaust, its fully open? Its PWM signal but I could look at it?

That sounds about the same as mine, about 5-10 mill open only when switching the active switch on or of at standstill. No idea if this is the norm or if it is supposed to go full 90 degrees. The YouTube vid for back box on the previous model only shows them opening the valve by hand.

Wonder where to get the definitive details on intended operation from? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #595639 Thu Feb 27 2020 7:55am
the_big_1

Hey all,

So I been doing some testing and have a couple of options I would like your opinions on.

So i can do two units:

First i s with a two button remote. When you operate it, the exhaust flaps will open fully all the time. When deactivated will go back to normal operation

Second is as above but no remote, do va an app on your mobile.

What do you think??? 2018 SVR

Post #596229 Sun Mar 08 2020 6:02pm
Andy494

United Kingdom 

the_big_1,

Out of those two options I’d go with the remote. My main reason being so there’s no fiddling around unlocking a phone while driving.

Have you tested an SVR with this mod then? Any good?

Post #596234 Sun Mar 08 2020 8:17pm
the_big_1

Hi ya

I have an SVR, hence why I am looking and doing the testing.
Will be creating the stuff to do it over the next couple of weeks. Will never sound as good as the original SVR due to the GPF,s etc but should sound better 2018 SVR

Post #596235 Sun Mar 08 2020 8:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123