RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > In search of Buckingham Blue RRS photos & Remini Red
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

redtarga

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
In search of Buckingham Blue RRS photos & Remini Red

I am close to buying an RRS, but still not yet sure which color is best. I checked out the gallery, but found no Buckingham Blue RRS photos and only a few Remini Red's.

Would someone with Buckingham Blue or Remin Red RRS' post some more photos?

Much obliged.

Post #3416 Sun Oct 16 2005 4:34pm
Cabby

United States 

The red is awful, dont get it.

Post #3417 Sun Oct 16 2005 4:44pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

here you go:

close up:

L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3422 Sun Oct 16 2005 5:13pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Choosing the right colour is a real dilema. I always knew I didn't want Silver or Black and the colour I really wanted (Vesuvius Orange) wasn't available for a TDv6 (or anything else anymore). Choosing the alternative has been fraught with big problems. When I finally specified my order I put down Artic Frost on the salesman's recommendation. After several weeks I finally tracked down a car in that colour and really didn't like it. Its one of those odd colours that changes in different lights (from a silver to a greenish) and being quite light it also makes the vehicles "fiddly bits" stand out more (which I really don't like). I changed my mind to a Rimini Red having seen one at the dealership and liking it, but now I am told I cannot change my order ! I think that is ridiculous for a car that isn't due to be delivered until December 27th (so I imagine not actually built until early December). It really annoys me that Land Rover wont change the exterior colour spec and I am seriously considering cancelling the whole thing and giving up on getting a RRS at all. The dealer never asked me for a deposit so I won't loose out financially, but I was looking forward to getting a new car. What do you guys think ?

a. Stick with Artic Frost and hope I grow to like it, or
b. Cancel the order and go without, or
c. Kick up an almighty stink in the hope that they relent and agree to change the colour.

Question Question Question Question

Post #3430 Sun Oct 16 2005 7:31pm
timajersey

Jersey 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Cairns Blue

I changed my order from Artic Frost to Cairns Blue about 2 months before delivery.

I've since seen one in Artic in the showroom and thought it looked good.

I did consider the Rimini Red but the missus thought it might look a bit like a fire engine!

At the end of the day it's your money and if you're really not sure cancel the order - you can always check out other dealers and place an order for the colour that you really want. RRS 2.7 TDV6 SE Cairns Blue/Alpaca Leather

'03 Porsche Boxster Seal Grey/Black Leather

Post #3432 Sun Oct 16 2005 7:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Smarticus, my understanding of the computerised ordering system at Land Rover, also confirmed to me when I did the home of the legend tour, is that you can change the spec of your car, be it abase model Freelander or a RR Vogue SE, up to 48 hours before production starts. When I bought my Freelander (the last car I purchased that needed a factory special order as the RR and the Sport were bought from the dealer's stock) the dealer called me 48 hours before production and asked me if there was anything I wnated to change as it was my last chance. I think your dealer is hoping you will pull out of the order as he can sell every TDv6 Sport he can get his hands on regardless of spec and colour at present. I think you should make some enquiries at other dealers in the North East or even Edinburgh and find out what the situation is then go back and put pressure on your local dealer to change the colour again. After all it's not as if they have a mountain of paperwork or hours of phone calls to make - it's all done over the internet direct to the factory. If a chassis/build number has been issued then it will be even easier for them to change anything you want.
You are spending a vast amount of money with these guys, it is you that has to be happy with what you purchase not them!
I must agree though, that having now seen some Rimini Red RRS's in the flesh, the colour looks a lot nicer than the rendition in the brochure. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #3434 Sun Oct 16 2005 8:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JASON

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
RED.

Hi Cabby. The red is not awful. I got my Rimini Red Sport last week and she's beautiful. The colour shows the detail. Jason. Very Happy Rimini Red HSE (D).Gone but not forgotten!
Subaru Impreza Turbo (UK) 1998- had her since new,could not part with her. Used for weekend blasts! Pehaps the Best 4by4byFar!
Owner of Ertyl Model RRS No.203!
AudiRS4Avant-WOW

Post #3436 Sun Oct 16 2005 8:33pm
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Redtarga: My RRS HSE is Buck Blue and it's a great dark color - near black - see my gallery.

Rimini Red is a nice color as well - i nearly bought that color but am happy with Buck Blue since it's probably a little more timeless. - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #3444 Mon Oct 17 2005 3:11am
redtarga

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Hi all,

First, thanks to all for the help and comments.

gribnau: it's really hard to tell black from dark blue when looking at photos. I think I could tell that your RRS is Buckingham blue from only one of the photos (in bright sunlight).

Jason: the salesman also told me that Rimini Red is stunning, but he didn't have one for me to look at. Can you post some photos?

Smarticus: it's funny your salesman told you this. Because the LR dealership told me that if I didn't like the RRS when it comes in, I can even change it or cancel it. I am not sure how serious he is, but maybe Tim in Scotland has a point there.

So, only two things left to decide 4.4L or 4.2 SC, and the color......

Post #3445 Mon Oct 17 2005 5:26am
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
Bonatti Grey

What do you guys think about Bonatti Gray- Alpaca premium or standard leather -SC with stormer wheels
wonna hear your opinion..

Post #3446 Mon Oct 17 2005 8:21am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Colour is great - see my gallery Laughing Grey is the new silver.
The plastic trim (i.e. side vents & front grill) also match very well with the grey paintwork. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #3450 Mon Oct 17 2005 10:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
noddy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

guys - Rimini Red is where it's at!!

I'd initially ordered Cairns Blue as it's close to the classic Caspian Blue I had years ago on my beloved Vogue, but the wife said it's too "farmer-ish".. not sure what she meant but it meant I changed my mind to have the red.

At delivery I found the colour was better than expected, much lighter and not the dark claret-colour I'd thought it would be. Plus, when it's clean it does show some very slight Vesuvius orangey tinges..

If I knew how to post a pic I'd do it right now..

Nod RRS Supercharged
Java/ Ivory

'94 F355, '90 M3 Evo, '95 Integrale Evo, '97 Cooper S Works, '84 911 Cab, '89 911 Speedster, '85 6R4, '59 Routemaster and something sensible for the Mrs

Post #3453 Mon Oct 17 2005 10:30am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Take a look at this link posted by Biggles some time ago of many pics of Rimini Red HSE

http://www.offroad.lu/range_rover_sport.htm

There are some supercharged Rimini red ones in my gallery as well 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3455 Mon Oct 17 2005 10:48am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Also a Supercharged Rimini Red car in my gallery too. If you look at that photo you'll also spot a Maya Gold version too ....nice.... Shocked

Here it is:

L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3462 Mon Oct 17 2005 12:20pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

If the police are still into their games of snooker whilst out on their rounds, then you have to beware of red cars... I haven't owned a red car for some time now, but when I did I was pulled over way more (goes without saying they didn't have any reasons for pulling me over). Sad but true... Rolling Eyes

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3464 Mon Oct 17 2005 1:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>