Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > instrument cluster stops working intermittent
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sport2007

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red
instrument cluster stops working intermittent

hi there
my 2007 rrsport hse has developed a problem with the instrument cluster. it suddenly losses all power in the cluster all gauges
fall back to zero and the lcd fails but could come back on with in a few seconds or stay off for longer.the indicators also stop working. the rr keeps going nothing else seems to be affected. anyone any ideas.

Post #536114 Thu Sep 21 2017 8:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

There is another member on here who has similar problem, not sure if any cures are posted on it, but may help you, can't see it at the moment but has been running last few days or so. Smile

EDIT: Found it. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic48877.html John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #536116 Thu Sep 21 2017 9:26pm
iannixon

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sounds like a problem I'm having at the moment. Do you know when it happens if all your indicators are flashing on the outside and do you first have door locks opening and then message vehicle fault on radio .I lose radio satnav heater and lcd on dash.

Post #536150 Fri Sep 22 2017 8:41am
sport2007

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

no I just loose all the gauges and the lcd in the instrument cluster and the indicators stop working.
thanks

Post #536172 Fri Sep 22 2017 2:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shutty

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

iannixon wrote:
Sounds like a problem I'm having at the moment. Do you know when it happens if all your indicators are flashing on the outside and do you first have door locks opening and then message vehicle fault on radio .I lose radio satnav heater and lcd on dash.

Hi, any luck with this problem, i have exactly the same.
I have established that one of the modules dissapears off the canbus when the fault occurs and then comes back on after it resets itself.
I am convinced its the instrument cluster, which otherwise seems ok.
I have the id of the module in the canbus and i have someone in landrover looking up what it is. (These ids are not available publically from what i can see), but some can be worked out by packet sniffig the Canbus. It may be that there is something else bringing this module down like a faulty wite etc, but all the rest of the canbus appears to continue fine. The integrity of the canbus looks good.

Post #540913 Wed Nov 15 2017 9:37am
iannixon

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes my problem was resolved with a new instrument cluster. The warranty company originally sent it away to be repaired but it came back with same faults so had to get a new one. All working fine now Very Happy

Post #540958 Wed Nov 15 2017 6:36pm
shutty

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

thanks, I have just about reached the conclusion its the instrument cluster on its way out.
I have had it off the car and the same module disappears off the canbus and the contact at landrover has "sort of" confirmed the module id I can see go off is for an Instrument cluster.
Just a shame i have had paid a couple of garages already to look at the problem and they had not tracked it down.

I am looking to use digidash in the north west to either copy the config onto an identical second cluster. (this can be done if its the exact same part apparently or get a new one for about 420 + vat). They have said £200 to swap the config over.

Post #541097 Thu Nov 16 2017 10:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1