RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Instrument Cluster Dead
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Instrument Cluster Dead

Help needed my instrument cluster on my 2008 RRS 3.6tdV8 has stopped working (DEAD) Big Cry Censored Bow down
I managed to get a secondhand one from Ebay but with higher millage my millage is 129,400 and the replacement cluster has 178,000 miles on it, just want to know if it will be a case of straight swap and millage corrected or will it need to be reprogramed?

S&F

Mani G

Any info will be useful

MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #535928 Tue Sep 19 2017 9:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

I think you can do it with an IID tool people have done it on disco3 and the mileage is kept in a few different ecu's so should revert to yours Thumbs Up

Post #535942 Wed Sep 20 2017 7:22am
Mani

Thumbs Up Very Happy Laughing Thanks Geoff MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #535944 Wed Sep 20 2017 7:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoffsnook

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic158743...p;start=15 Thumbs Up

Post #535946 Wed Sep 20 2017 7:41am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Miles can't be adjusted downwards with the IID, I believe...

Post #536013 Wed Sep 20 2017 5:25pm
geoffsnook

Sorry did not mean they could be changed by the IDD tool but is the mileage for that vehicle not stored in a few different ecu's and then they will correct the mileage on the odometer but as always i stand to be corrected as usual Thumbs Up

Post #536016 Wed Sep 20 2017 5:36pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

It use to be that you could only set the mileage by fitting a new, not used Instrument cluster as the backups can only be set right if it's showing Zero mileage.
Also correct re the GAP IID BT etc can't alter mileage down, as this would be used by sods selling cars with claimed lower mileage. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #536045 Wed Sep 20 2017 9:03pm
Mani

Very Happy Thumbs Up Bow down Thanks Mikey for the info, just 1 more question as my cluster is dead and if I was to put the second hand one in as a temp so I can use the car will it work?

S&F

Mani G MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #536051 Wed Sep 20 2017 10:05pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

When I fitted a new instrument cluster to my car changing from mph to kph, it automatically set the mileage to the reading stored in the car memory when first powered up, did not have to input the reading. I was also under the impression that if you fit a used unit with a higher reading it will automatically take and record the higher figure for obvious reasons.

Cheers
Col

Post #536056 Wed Sep 20 2017 10:31pm
Mani

Thanks Col would it be poss to millage correct after install? MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #536057 Wed Sep 20 2017 10:35pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

If I remember correctly Blackbox Solutions do software or something to enable this to be done but it is a very expensive piece of kit, probably be cheaper to buy new cluster. Don't know if a main dealer could do it for you or not, can but ask I suppose.
Would of thought best solution would be to try and find used unit with lower mileage, then if it did increase to original reading no worse off if it stays at lower figure a bonus. Whistle

Cheers
Col

Post #536058 Wed Sep 20 2017 10:49pm
Mani

Thanks Col MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #536065 Thu Sep 21 2017 5:46am
geoffsnook

http://digidash.co.uk/mileage-correction/v...orrection/ Thumbs Up

Post #536067 Thu Sep 21 2017 8:32am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I like the warranty description for link above, new clusters warranted for 1 years (LR ones are guaranteed for 2 years), work carried out on used, secondhand etc are not covered by any warranty. Whistle

LR dealerships can tell if mileage is altered, as one unit in car, cannot be altered or corrected, and will show as error on RRS since 2008. So cheapest route is a new cluster to keep your correct mileage.

Don't forget, as MOT mileage is now on computer, it would stand out like a sore thumb if you corrected lower than genuine. Wink John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #536074 Thu Sep 21 2017 10:45am
geoffsnook

The op's car only has 129,000 on the odometer the second hand clocks have 178,000 so if all he is trying to do is get the original mileage(129,000) back as i understood there are a few ecu's that store the correct mileage of the car so surely it will correct the speedo and i would have thought that a new cluster from land rover would be a hell of a lot more than a phone call to the one of a few companies on the internet to see what they can do Question

Post #536093 Thu Sep 21 2017 2:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>