RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Instrument Cluster Dead
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

The OP needs a new cluster, or a 2nd hand one with less miles than his car currently has. Simples Thumbs Up

Post #536124 Thu Sep 21 2017 9:07pm
Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

my millage is 129,400 and the replacement cluster has 178,000 MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #536131 Thu Sep 21 2017 10:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mani

Update

Hi Folks,
Update with my dead cluster

As mentioned before dead cluster, so bought second hand one from eBay

Spoke to my Indy and on their advice I changed the cluster to save me on labour charge to remove and reinstall and as expected the car did not start as the cluster needs to be reprogrammed, once changed got car lifted on flat bed and had it dropped of to my indi this morning no collected at 6 PM fully working great lads

They use Genuine Land Rover Software DSS should anyone like more info please PM me

Thanks

Mani

Oh and by the way guy comming over on Sat to correct the Millage

Will update on Sunday

See you folks Very Happy Smile Laughing MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #536584 Wed Sep 27 2017 7:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mani

Dead Cluster Update

Hi all, after my instrument cluster died, I got a secondhand one from Ebay and replaced it as expected it did not start the car, took my car to local Indy they reprogrammed the cluster got it running, yesterday a chap came over to correct the millage to what it should be, all working well.
I get up to go to work this morning at 2am up the road and once again the cluster dead
Got home from work at 12:30 in the afternoon and decided to take the replacement cluster out to check the connection, but before I did that the first thing I removed was the light switch and disconnected it and I don't now why I put the key in the ignition and turned the key the cluster started working, so reconnected the light switch and guess what dead once again, I once again removed the light switch and had a look at the connector and cleaned with sand paper and reconnected, and hey presto all working fine Thumbs Up Bow down Laughing Very Happy Rolling with laughter

fixed the problem by pure fluke!

so if anyone has the same problem please check the head light switch as like my car may be the problem MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #536841 Sun Oct 01 2017 3:23pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Interesting series of posts that. So you think the headlight switch was to blame all along? If that is the case then credit to you for remaining so cheerful considering you may have spent a fair bit of time and cash needlessly Thumbs Up

Reading your last post are you saying it appears to be simply a problem with the external connection to the car's loom? Can't help thinking that maybe there is a problem inside the switch. Hopefully not but if the problem recurs I'd be looking at the internals. Had an issue like that on a switch before (think it was a rocker switch) on my 944 Turbo. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #536847 Sun Oct 01 2017 4:06pm
Mani

the only conclusion I can come to it has to be a earth shortage due to poor contact, but yet again I am not an auto electrician MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #536848 Sun Oct 01 2017 4:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12