RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Car stolen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Socast wrote:
Fills you with confidence that they're doing their best to find your pride and joy... The rozzers get on my nerves at times Evil or Very Mad

Not sure why that would be.
Would you rather they attended an empty car parking space, or spent their time looking for terrorists, securing drug dealers, attending rape victims etc etc.
The theft of a stolen car just like burglary is unfortunately way down the list of importance. That's just the way it is.

We don't have a massive Police force, in fact, you can have a situation that a Modest sized town will have possibly 6 officers on duty, two writing out the huge reports that the government requires for any arrest, two attending court to give evidence, so priorities have to be made.
Its not the Polices fault they are so undermanned, rather local government and national government not financing the service to what is required today. Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #522939 Wed Apr 05 2017 12:40pm
HemoRRS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

At least we know the police don't waste their limited budgets...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-39488370

Post #522942 Wed Apr 05 2017 1:47pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #522944 Wed Apr 05 2017 2:00pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

warkman wrote:
Socast wrote:
Fills you with confidence that they're doing their best to find your pride and joy... The rozzers get on my nerves at times Evil or Very Mad

Not sure why that would be.
Would you rather they attended an empty car parking space, or spent their time looking for terrorists, securing drug dealers, attending rape victims etc etc.
The theft of a stolen car just like burglary is unfortunately way down the list of importance. That's just the way it is.

We don't have a massive Police force, in fact, you can have a situation that a Modest sized town will have possibly 6 officers on duty, two writing out the huge reports that the government requires for any arrest, two attending court to give evidence, so priorities have to be made.
Its not the Polices fault they are so undermanned, rather local government and national government not financing the service to what is required today.

The police also spend a lot of time on quite trivial issues, and also on some quite contentious ones. I'm not convinced that the average member of the public would place domestic burglary and car theft so low down the list of priorities.

Post #522953 Wed Apr 05 2017 3:22pm
warkman

HemoRRS wrote:
At least we know the police don't waste their limited budgets...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-39488370

well, it IS wales.... Whistle Whistle Whistle Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #522954 Wed Apr 05 2017 3:29pm
warkman

[quote="donny dog
The police also spend a lot of time on quite trivial issues, and also on some quite contentious ones. I'm not convinced that the average member of the public would place domestic burglary and car theft so low down the list of priorities.[/quote]

It all comes down to how it effects the Individual.

Don't forget that some of the operational basis is led by these local area Police and councils, where the local people dixctate the three most important areas of policing.
Most of these around here are speeding and youth crime.

Very NIMBY here Rolling with laughter Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #522956 Wed Apr 05 2017 3:32pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Quote:
It all comes down to how it effects the Individual.

Exactly, and I think burglary and car theft are likely to be the crimes that affect more people than any other in most parts of the country. To those, I'd probably add vandalism and street violence (I'd include youth crime in those 'catch all' terms) in certain parts of the country as well. If people voted for a local 'sheriff', I reckon those would end up being his priorities! Not sure about speeding! Shocked

Post #522958 Wed Apr 05 2017 3:38pm
dpg123

United Kingdom 

The po po don't like crimes that are "unsolvable". I had my bag stolen at a station and the police refused to record it. They said it wasn't stolen, I lost it. I literally saw they guy running off with it though. If they had recorded it as stolen then that would be another unsolved robbery statistic.

Post #523548 Thu Apr 13 2017 2:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12