RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Damaged already
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Damaged already

I could not believe it, only had the car a few weeks and already I have sustained damage on the leading edge of the bonnet. I have no idea what has caused it or when, or by who, only I drive the car and I'd remember if anything had hit the car while driving, but there it is, a big fat ding in the bonnet, spoiling the lines and has left me completely and utterly gutted.

There doesn't seem to be any damage to the paint, probably due to the VentureTape protection, but it must have been one mighty thwack.

I don't know what to do about it, or where to take it, or more importantly how much it will cost. I bet it won't be cheap. As ever, a picture or 2 speaks a thousand words....commiserations please.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3173 Tue Oct 11 2005 2:38pm
keith

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

You must be distraught. Looks like something has been dropped on it or someone has put something heavy down on it.

With a bit of luck it might just push out with no damage to the paintwork.

I feel for you - I felt bad enough taking a couple of lumps out of a wheel at the weekend.

Keith 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue
Alpaca Premium Leather, Rhodium
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #3174 Tue Oct 11 2005 2:47pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
let be repaired by insurance

I feel sorry what happen to your new RRS, I can tell you one of my experience with my previous vehicle it was just brand new like your and I got one of the tire puncher which damage the wheel and the above cover, I took it to the dealer who suggested to repair it on cost of insurance so I call police.. believe or no they came inside the dealer garage and asked me what happen exactly I told the full story and he issue a report for insurance for repairing it…so what I suggest contact your insurance and see what the will say after getting a police report..(to unknown causes ) that they call it her in my country

Last edited by sportman on Tue Oct 11 2005 2:55pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #3175 Tue Oct 11 2005 2:51pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

I feel for you RRUK Crying or Very sad

Best try somebody like Auto - dents ( in Leicester )

Link: www.auto-dents.co.uk

I havent used them but have used similar type of company/methods and only cost £45

Got to be worth a call

Cheer up * ITS ONLY A CAR * as my mother would say. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3176 Tue Oct 11 2005 2:52pm
RRUK

Mothers.....what do they know... Sad

Thanks MDP, I have contacted them via their web page, I hope they can fix my beloved car...just going off to cry in a corner now..... L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3177 Tue Oct 11 2005 2:54pm
nickp

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

RRUK I have had something similar happen on the rear spoiler . A small dent has appeared , I have no idea how it got there unless the opening and shuttting of the glass hatch is having an effect ? or is somebody attacking cars in Leicestershire !!

You could try www.chipsaway.co.uk . I have had them out to my BMW , they came highly recommended to me .

Regards

Post #3178 Tue Oct 11 2005 4:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Its enough to make you cry,
We went to Ikea in Warrington last week, parked in the car park with no cars nor shopping trolleys any where near. When we came out I caught some bloke playing dodgems with his kids and shopping trolleys near the RRS. Needless to say I did not hold back and let him know what I thought.

Maybe if it was his car he would have felt the same. Me and her indoors did not speak on the way home because she thought I was out of order but I would do the same again tommorrow. I have worked hard to get what I have and dont want it wrecking in some supermarket car park.

My thoughts are with you. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #3179 Tue Oct 11 2005 4:13pm
RRUK

Chipsaway

nickp wrote:
You could try www.chipsaway.co.uk . I have had them out to my BMW , they came highly recommended to me .

Thanks Nick, I have also contacted them and await the local chap getting in touch, I've heard they are good.In fact as I was typing this the man called me, but apparently he cannot do Paintless dent removal, but he has given me the name and number of someone who does, so I will try him too now.

His name is Howard Turner and he runs Dents Direct, apparently he used to work for Dents Away, part of the Chips Away company and then branched out on his own. I've booked him to come and take a look next week. I'll let you know what happens. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3181 Tue Oct 11 2005 4:23pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Ouch! Bad luck, RRUK.... I know exactly how you feel. Crying or Very sad

I was equally upset yesterday when my wife told me that the drivers door had picked up a couple of quite deep scratches. You can see the paint is taken away down to the undercoat - two nice little white scratches amongst the sea of black. Very disappointing.... I have a Java touchup pencil, but am not sure whether or not using that to repair the scratches is going to make the area look worse. Anyone have experience of using the LR touchup pencils? Do they provide a good finish, given enough care is taken?

Hope you get it sorted, RRUK - I hear Chipsaway/Dentsaway are pretty good, so let's hope the guy you've found can help you out.

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3183 Tue Oct 11 2005 4:40pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

RRUK Censored after what you have been through to get your car this is painful and probably what we all dread.Bumps and knocks appearing from nowhere.Keep your head up. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #3184 Tue Oct 11 2005 4:43pm
RRUK

You know, what galls me is that I could NOT be more careful, the car is garaged when I am at home all day, I don't tailgate lorries on the motorway which are the most likely vehicle to throw back stones and debris, I park away from everyone else in all car parks (yet someone will always home in on your car in the far corner and park as close as possible despite having a hundred other spaces to choose from Evil or Very Mad )

yet still, this can happen. I am SO glad I have the Venture Tape, as the paintwork has been saved from any damage. Looking at the dent, it's so isolated it does look like it has been hit by a stone rather than someone having had a go at it.The bonnet must be made of very soft metal though... L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3187 Tue Oct 11 2005 5:23pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If your car had been lower I would have said somebody driving an SUV was parking by touch, and using the spare as a fender!

I think the bonnet is made of Aluminium, rest of the wagon is very thin steel.
You are lucky, you don't know how it was done - my 77 year father bought a Honda Civic earlier this year and two days after getting it home, tripped in the garage, put his hand out to break his fall and pushed in a huge area of the rear quarter. He was amazed it was so thinly constructed and deformed so easily...... and it cost him something like £700 to get it fixed!

Hope you get it fixed OK, it's amzing what some of those Dentmaster guys can repair and make look like new. They repaired my 1 day old RRTD6 2 years ago when someone in Sainsbury's carpark drove a trolley right down the entire driver's side and scratched it right through to the primer with 2 parallel lines and put 2 scores in the door skins. I thought they would have problems rematching the Monte Carlo Blue paint but afterwards the repair was invisible.

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Oct 11 2005 5:38pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #3188 Tue Oct 11 2005 5:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

At least it doesn't look like this....the victim of a hailstone storm in the US.

L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3189 Tue Oct 11 2005 5:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks like that one had a lot of plastic panels!

Post #3193 Tue Oct 11 2005 6:16pm
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

RRUK

you didn't close the bonnet with a screwdriver in your hand after fitting the airfilter did you ? just looks like a very rounded dent. Know how you feel as mine was only 2 days old when the paint changed colour.

Andrew

Post #3196 Tue Oct 11 2005 9:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>