RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Meet the new Range Rover VELAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 41 <123 ... 8910 ... 394041>

United Kingdom 

Slow Broadband is not helping me use the on-line build, cannot see if I have air or metal springs etc. cannot see all the differences between base, S, HSE & Dynamic R.

Speccing up a 300sd base model to match my RRS HSE Dynamic it come out at what I paid for the RRS 16 months ago, the Dynamic R goes way over. I have asked my dealer to send me a print brochure when available so I can go through with an old fashioned highlighter and mark up what I need and don't need.

On the photos I have seen its not going to make me trade in the RRS yet, will wait until I have seen and driven one. I was hoping for something between the Evoque and RRS on size and price - it ticks neither box unfortunately. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #519608 Thu Mar 02 2017 3:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Quote:
dull as ditchwater silvers for a fortune extra,

Whereas you can have dull as ditchwater Waitomo for nothing on an RRS......

Post #519610 Thu Mar 02 2017 3:29pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Coil springs! Keep my air bags, low range and terrain response thank you Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Last edited by DrRob on Fri Mar 03 2017 8:20am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #519635 Thu Mar 02 2017 7:41pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

naks wrote:
It has TR2 and active rear diff, but no low range? Question Question Question

Low range is about the only thing you can't have on the Velar that you can on the RRS. First will be a crawler gear, at a guess, to give a low range effect.

Let's face it - the Velar is not going off road, no matter how much LR shout about its abilities. Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #519636 Thu Mar 02 2017 7:59pm
kmpowell

RRSman wrote:
Just spec'd mine and it came up cheaper than my RRS with all the options I could want...

Have you seen the RV's though? They are absolutely laughable!

A lightly specced £70k+ car is predicted to be worth just £22.5k after only 3 years! That's a piffling 32% RV, RRS's are up at 60%! That's got to be one of the worst RV's I've ever seen from any brand. It goes to show that through all this hype in reality it's just an f-pace in a frock...

SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #519637 Thu Mar 02 2017 8:00pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Those GMFVs can't be right can they?

I've just checked the pcp on a £75k d300 r dynamic and the gmfv after 4 years is £14,500!!!????

Post #519639 Thu Mar 02 2017 8:43pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

That's because they are 30k overpriced in the first place Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter the price of the velar is supposed to be between the evoque & sport,,by the look of it its the other way round,,the sport is sat in the middle.ill wait 4 years & get one for going to work in at 14k.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #519640 Thu Mar 02 2017 8:51pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Yeah I'm with you Andy I would love to buy a 3-4 year old one for £14k!!!

Post #519641 Thu Mar 02 2017 8:54pm
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

So, now that the fervour of the launch has calmed down, how are we all feeling about out RRSs?

I'm still thinking that a new AB SDV8 would be a lovely thing to live with day-to-day. And in the same way that part of me hankers after a FFRR, I do wonder if I'd hanker after a RRS if I had a Velar!

If I could have things like matrix LEDs and a better choice of alloys on a RRS then it would be an easy decision. I'm not too fussed about all the new touch screen stuff and the 'touch' steering wheel - tbh, a few well placed buttons are easy to use and tactile, and not a bad thing so long as they don't become a complete 'Porsche button-fest'.

And if I don't get a V8 now - which is not an option in a Velar - then I'll likely never own one in this down-sizing age with batteries on the horizon.

So, I'm thinking I may stick with the RRS. And before you ask, I can't have a FFRR - too ostentatious when nipping out to clients and it would be a major squeeze in my weekday underground car park!

Post #519642 Thu Mar 02 2017 9:05pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Leaving aside the colour, our new AB SDV8 is fabulous to drive, sounds great, and accelerates unbelievably - real thrust back in the seat stuff. I would definitely recommend it.

As for the Velar, I think it looks good, it's largely the most aesthetically pleasing of the generic RR designs, but it's too low a seating height (like the Evoque) to be a 'proper' RR. The technology looks/seems from reading about it, impressive, but the interior is too minimalist and lacks the luxury feel the RRS gives you with all the shapes and even the buttons.

Post #519643 Thu Mar 02 2017 9:13pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

The real Velar was launched in 1969 Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #519648 Thu Mar 02 2017 10:16pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

That wasn't launched at all, really, though was it. It was just the name used for the prototypes of the original RR. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #519656 Thu Mar 02 2017 11:03pm
azz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Velar doesn't blow me away to be honest...good to see continual developments of the tech and overall design but the lack of a rotary controller is still a massive frustration for me (having been used to BMW's system). As we're used to V6 and V8's its natural to look at those engines but I suspect the better buy (and majority of sales) for the Velar will be the 4 cylinders, particularly if you treat it as the same sector of F Pace etc - a quick play would get a sensible spec car for £60k which feels like the right price point between Evoque and RRS.

Having looked at the new Disco, I was surprised how similar the quality of interior was to the RRS2 - I guess if RR and RRS will now feature this interior there will be differentiation going forwards.

I've also looked at the F Pace - love the looks and quality of the interior but found it poorly packaged - large sills to step over and not a very big boot - another annoyance echoed by others is the lack of fully folding seats in the newer JLR models 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6 - Bali Blue / Ivory Leather / Extended Leather / TV / Rear Entertainment / Privacy Glass / Timed Climate
Mods - 21" Style 101 Alloys / Sidesteps / De-badged Rear / LED Lighting / Autobiography Grill & Vents / Remote FBH w/GPS

Post #519661 Thu Mar 02 2017 11:33pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

LOL no you won't be picking one up for £14k in three years as that was a glitch on the website. The finance configrator has been taken down and will return when fixed tomorrow (inside info lol)
Thumbs Up

I'm not getting all the hatred on here though? If you prefer the RRS then so be it..enjoy! For those who fancy a choice there is a new kid on the block that looks great and moves the game on tech and looks wise. I plan to get one to keep me going until the facelifted RRS appears (probably March 2018) subject to the GFVs getting sorted(!). The Velar was parked next to a RRS last night at the RRS really did show it's age Smile

Post #519664 Thu Mar 02 2017 11:49pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Stick your RRS reg on the We Buy Any Car and see the residuals coming up today...I sold mine privately and was picked up yesterday morning but I got a price from WBAC last week...today I tried again and it was £7500 less! Velar effect or not...I wonder... Shocked

Post #519665 Thu Mar 02 2017 11:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 41 <123 ... 8910 ... 394041>