Lyonhead

Wales 
Russian Range Rover

He doesn't seem very happy does he?? Big Cry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-42...r-axe.html

Post #517156 Wed Feb 08 2017 8:22pm
Pakolainen

Finland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Rimini Red

Very important for DM to mention the it was a Fiskars axe which is a finnish brand. Headline says smashes up - reality. smashes the window.... 2019 RRS P400e Autobiography
2014 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Dynamic
2006 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSe
Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2.0 JTDM 2011
Mazda 3 1.6 2010
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX 2005

Post #517164 Wed Feb 08 2017 8:59pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Typical JLR agent reply "should have used the 2nd Key, maybe he fitted aftermarket extras........." Not "Please bring the car to a dealer so we can hold you to ransom selling you spares we THINK you need but probably don't and we can have your car for weeks and weeks and weeks and not touch it" ......................... Unfortunately JLR doen't seem to realize that headlines for that one car actually represent the frustrations of a lot of owners who ARE treated like something you stood on on the pavement. So what? The guy didn't take the car to be serviced, did JLR Russia make any effort to remind him, were they charging him extortionate parts prices that drove him away from the dealer network in the first place.............. I have been fortunate to have used 4 exceedingly good dealerships for buying and servicing my JLR cars but as we all know there are outlets that shouldn't hold a franchise their customer services so awful. Similar has happened in China with JLR as well. The attitude of senior management at JLR is "Customers only buy cars and give us loads of money and they expect something in return?" That is the impression many JLR agents around the world seem to give out. Customer Services in the UK are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard as well when it comes to helping out with problems with dealerships. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #517196 Thu Feb 09 2017 6:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lonescout

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Was chatting with a guy at the car wash who had had the same problem. He had a euro box (couldn't tell you which sort), so the issue isn't confined to JLR products. His window was fine, he used the second key to open the car and hasn't left his keyless entry key in his car since.
Not a headline grabbing response, I agree, but a far more rational one.

Post #517273 Thu Feb 09 2017 8:37pm
Morus

United Kingdom 

I keep in my head that Russia is a state of mind... Smile Boku betting

Post #518372 Mon Feb 20 2017 3:11pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

It must have been the cold and the Wodka!

Post #518378 Mon Feb 20 2017 4:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I question whether the car WAS actually locked! If you look at the wing mirrors on the car they don't seem to be folded in to me. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure the FFRR and the RRS are the same in as much as the wing mirrors fold in when the car is locked. Have a look for yourselves. Maybe the door was frozen shut in that cold weather!!!

I also note that the glass on his car was not the delicate break as soon as look at it type that LR seem to install on the :censored: they sell us Brits, so maybe there is some positive discrimination for the Russian models.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #518387 Mon Feb 20 2017 5:45pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I question whether the car WAS actually locked! If you look at the wing mirrors on the car they don't seem to be folded in to me. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure the FFRR and the RRS are the same in as much as the wing mirrors fold in when the car is locked. Have a look for yourselves. Maybe the door was frozen shut in that cold weather!!!

I also note that the glass on his car was not the delicate break as soon as look at it type that LR seem to install on the :censored: they sell us Brits, so maybe there is some positive discrimination for the Russian models.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #518388 Mon Feb 20 2017 5:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1