RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY17 new central screen and instrument panel pictures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

XP

United Kingdom 
MY17 new central screen and instrument panel pictures

Just got my MY17 car delivered yesterday (seems to be the first here?)

Seems a lot of people were asking questions here about the new central screen and instrument panel, I have taken some pictures of them(with the location sensitive info removed) - hope it helps!

Post #510907 Sun Nov 27 2016 11:04pm
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #510911 Sun Nov 27 2016 11:34pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

just seen the pics looks great Smile

the gauges look a bit off set/angled is that right ?

also can you please make a video of the new dials would love to see how they look in real life and also are there options to change the look/style of the gauges ? also there was a lot of talk about bugs with the new intouch control in the jag forum can you pls let me know if you do come across any issues with yours as they were supposed to have fixed all the bugs this month.

thanks again as my car comes in January and good to know i will get the same.

Post #510915 Mon Nov 28 2016 12:38am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

This is going to make me buy an MY17! Was waiting for these changes to be confirmed as no one at JLR knew if this was actually going to happen Laughing

Post #510941 Mon Nov 28 2016 12:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You will only wish that you had waited until 2018MY is announced! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #510942 Mon Nov 28 2016 1:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Is that tongue in cheek or is there really a new model due in 2018??

Post #510949 Mon Nov 28 2016 2:21pm
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
You will only wish that you had waited until 2018MY is announced!

What's coming in 2018? The major facelift that was suppose to be this year but didn't happen? Looking at spyshots (if they are correct), seems like the RRS may get the vertical air intakes like the Disco 5, but haven't heard much else is changing.

Post #510950 Mon Nov 28 2016 2:47pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks - you had me worried! I've seen the same spy shots, but was confused as to whether these changes were confined to the SVR, or were indeed coming on the other RRS variants, or whether there is a further tweak due in 2018. (Presumably those who have already taken delivery would have mentioned any external change on the 2017 MY, so that is now ruled out). A facelift I can live with, but I'd be disappointed if there were an all-new model so soon after my impending purchase!

Post #510951 Mon Nov 28 2016 2:53pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I think there will be new lights. I have the MY17 Evoque and the DRLs look much smoother without the visible dots of my L494. The lights on the evoque do make the L494 headlamps look outdated so I won't be surprised if the MY18 or even 17.5 sees new headlights and maybe tail lights. There could also be slight changes to the bumpers but this is anyone's guess. The Infotainment system is the big update though and can't see any new engines either so all in all not too risky getting an MY17 IMHO.

Post #510954 Mon Nov 28 2016 3:15pm
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
Thanks - you had me worried! I've seen the same spy shots, but was confused as to whether these changes were confined to the SVR, or were indeed coming on the other RRS variants, or whether there is a further tweak due in 2018. (Presumably those who have already taken delivery would have mentioned any external change on the 2017 MY, so that is now ruled out). A facelift I can live with, but I'd be disappointed if there were an all-new model so soon after my impending purchase!

I agree with RRSman. I would also add if they are planning to change the headlights imminently, they are being discreet about it because none of the spyshots show the headlights with camouflage. That is always a good indication of where the changes will be. Biggest thing coming from what I have read is a RRS Coupe which can be seen on the net in full camouflage.

Like you, the worse thing for me is buying and an all new model gets released shortly after. That is why I ordered now cos my guestimate is that an all new model will be out around 2020-2021 based on the typical model life.

Post #510955 Mon Nov 28 2016 3:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

donny dog wrote:
Is that tongue in cheek or is there really a new model due in 2018??

Yes that wasn't meant to read as I know something that no-one else knows about............ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #510957 Mon Nov 28 2016 4:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Looks great Thumbs Up Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #510982 Mon Nov 28 2016 9:28pm
Hodog16

United States 

Very nice! Looks great thanks for sharing. 2016 SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento

Post #510995 Mon Nov 28 2016 11:52pm
XP

United Kingdom 

rrsfan wrote:
just seen the pics looks great Smile

the gauges look a bit off set/angled is that right ?

also can you please make a video of the new dials would love to see how they look in real life and also are there options to change the look/style of the gauges ? also there was a lot of talk about bugs with the new intouch control in the jag forum can you pls let me know if you do come across any issues with yours as they were supposed to have fixed all the bugs this month.

thanks again as my car comes in January and good to know i will get the same.

The angle is due to the menu is being selected, once you are out of that menu selection the gauges will become 'flat'.

Regarding the bugs - seems ok for me so far, haven't encountered anything yet. But you can still feel the system is a bit laggy (esp comparing to a smart phone, but you won't use it to browse websites / play games anyway Cool ).

Post #510997 Mon Nov 28 2016 11:57pm
XP

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
This is going to make me buy an MY17! Was waiting for these changes to be confirmed as no one at JLR knew if this was actually going to happen Laughing

I wasn't sure what I was getting before picking the car either..
Even the sales guys in the dealership haven't seen the new system before and were playing with it before I drove it away Wink
(tbh I haven't expected it to be delivered to me so quickly after seeing a lot of the members here got a built date in next year)

Post #511000 Tue Nov 29 2016 12:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>